IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I like weird indie lo-fi stuff so that's why I'm quite happy with my old laptop at the moment - My aesthetic choice thankfully dictates the system requirements :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM2R

Metroid 2 for GB remade for PC. Play it with a chinese knock off of your favourite retro pad. I use a Sega Saturn one. 

Yeah I had that installed a while ago but still not played yet.. No idea why as I am a huge 2d Metroid fan! Thanks for the reminder will have to check it out soon

Some people have just succeeded in making Zelda playable on PC through an emulator.

i will probably try it soon

Nintendo are gonna be pretty mad

Holy crap. I want this!

So my friend and I tested this out. It's fucking weird. I was ready to buy Zelda through that Wii U Helper client but it turns out you simply download the games, unpack it and then you're ready to go. That's it. It's insane and it feels sooooo wrong.

oh shit, makes the ps4 pro look even more pathetic. I bet it's going to cost a million dollars though, and that's quite expensive.

Yeah, there's rumours of anywhere from 500 to 700 USD for it... It's Microsoft's game to lose, so they better proceed carefully if they want any chance of catching up with and possibly overtaking Sony.

Sony might have played their cards right with the Pro - an intermediary console that forces Microsoft to bring out their next big thing earlier, and then Sony has time to easily best that and probably at a cheaper price point to boot with their next console.

Hopefully the next gen of console gaming gets us to 4K HDR 60 FPS and game makers can go back to focusing on making games rather than seeing how far they can push the hardware to tell a story.

Some people have just succeeded in making Zelda playable on PC through an emulator.

Holy crap. I want this!

So my friend and I tested this out. It's fucking weird. I was ready to buy Zelda through that Wii U Helper client but it turns out you simply download the games, unpack it and then you're ready to go. That's it. It's insane and it feels sooooo wrong.

So how well does it run? From what I've read, you need a pretty beefy PC/GPU to get BotW to run at Wii U resolution/framerate (which isn't saying much).

It does look lovely at 4K though:

Holy crap. I want this!

what are your system specs and how well was it running?

Beat Andromeda a week or so ago. Great ending and game overall. Will take a break from it until they fix all the technical problems though.

NOW playing the Uncharted games. They're amazing. And FUN!

Edited by Friendly Foil

I've been playing a bunch of call of duty zombies with my lil brother. Since I'm leaving for Uni soon I thought it would be a good way to bond with him.

Anyone buying or considering buying a Switch, go do it in-store, and open that shit up before you fork over your money.  The bent console problem is real, as I found out, and bent docks are still being sold in the console box as well.

They were helpful in sending me a replacement console & dock, but I had to let them authorize another $300 on my credit card til they received my defective unit.  The QC this time around must be a new low for Nintendo, I'll be much more hesitant to be a day one buyer next time they do hardware.

well yea..

the display-dock-scratching thing is defo real, can confirm. Used it docked a few times, and there is a minor scratch on the screen where the plastic from dock touches the tablet.

also had some VERY LOUD beeping glitch thing for a few seconds in a Zelda loading screen. Hope that's just software.

One of my favourite shumps from the PS3 is getting a PS4/XBONE/Switch re-release with extra content - Sine Mora!

The guy who did the Silent Hill soundtrack did the music for this game, and it's amazing. Damn hard shump too.

Also available on Steam for the PC Master Race™

Now starting The Phantom Pain. I hear this will take a while. 

The stories (and characters) for these games are so stupid, but I loved the gameplay from Guns of the Patriots.

Getting back into Danmaku Unlimited 2, bullet hell shmup. The djent soundtrack is wicked. I tried streaming this game but turns out all those bullets turn into mush through a compressed video stream.

Edited by Bechuga

Nintendo are some greedy fuckers, eh?

Watch - SNES Classic will be out, or they'll release the same NES Classic, this time with 30 different games on it.

Rumours are a certain third-party licensee didn't like the fact Nintendo was selling these like hotcakes and wanted a bigger cut of the pie. So, Nintendo hastily pulled it from the market to avoid having to potentially pay more to the licensee.

Another is they are so worried about piracy (this thing is really easy to hack and put 90+ games on it), they decided it wasn't worth keeping in production.

Another is they are so worried about piracy (this thing is really easy to hack and put 90+ games on it), they decided it wasn't worth keeping in production.

yeah, i heard this one too, but what really salts my meat is that it was supposed to be widely available by christmas. that hack didn't come out until (2?) months ago. also, for someone to mod the mini nes classic, one has to buy it first. but now, they can just download the roms and put them on a raspberry pi or a PC (which has been possible for years). 

imo this wasn't just for the games- it was to have a nice collectable toy that brought back the nostalgia of paying the original system. 

They also needed something to push for holiday 2016 after Switch was delayed til Spring, this seemed like a stop-gap measure that took on a life of its own, it became way more popular than they expected, or maybe wanted. I think the lack of Virtual Console news was directly tied to this retro console.