IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finished Dying Light, really enjoyed it but wish you didn't become so powerful as you level up. The game was at its best when your hiding on the top of a building trying to escape the zombies waiting below.

Nintendo are some greedy fuckers, eh?

Watch - SNES Classic will be out, or they'll release the same NES Classic, this time with 30 different games on it.

Rumours are a certain third-party licensee didn't like the fact Nintendo was selling these like hotcakes and wanted a bigger cut of the pie. So, Nintendo hastily pulled it from the market to avoid having to potentially pay more to the licensee.

Another is they are so worried about piracy (this thing is really easy to hack and put 90+ games on it), they decided it wasn't worth keeping in production.

REALLY NINTENDO?! discontinues feels like a loaded word for something that's barely been available. I have a few friends who never got theirs because of supply issues, and now they probably won't get theirs.

Surely nintendo knows that it's doing well and they're, like Joyrex said, gonna re-release it with either different games, or hopefully MORE games. Maybe one that can play cartridges, and cartridges that come available with 10+ different games on them? That would be something worth buying. I'd probably jump on that. It would feel like the old systems are out again. They won't though... and it's confusing why since it would only make them more money. People would be all over that system and however many cartridges there would be. maybe make 40 different cartridges with 10 games on them. It would be fun to collect them.

Edited by Brisbot

I'm still confused as to why they only included 30 games when someone could easily search a ROM site for absolutely any game that was available for the NES...for free.

They're just leaving money on the table. I would gladly pay for a system that could download the original game at an affordable price.

Every business decision Nintendo makes these past few years I feel like I've just read a cryptic crossword clue from The Times newspaper. Like the words seem to be in some sort of syntactical semblance but the meaning is utterly baffling.

I'm still confused as to why they only included 30 games when someone could easily search a ROM site for absolutely any game that was available for the NES...for free.

They're just leaving money on the table. I would gladly pay for a system that could download the original game at an affordable price.

Planned increment "classic console" releases, and/or playing it safe with low licensing costs for only 30 games, and under producing units. The burn of Wii U set them into even more conservative mode, so every dollar counts. Also, killing off a rival console in their own company lets them focus on selling Switches, working out their VC, and the online chat app we haven't heard shit about in months.

Apparently, Zelda for Switch sold 925,000 copies in NA in March, while Switch sold 906,000 units in NA, meaning some people bought the game twice, maybe one of the special editions to keep MIB? Strange.

You don't usually see an attach rate of over 100% for a launch title, and this excludes the Wii U copies sold.

Apparently, Zelda for Switch sold 925,000 copies in NA in March, while Switch sold 906,000 units in NA, meaning some people bought the game twice, maybe one of the special editions to keep MIB? Strange.

You don't usually see an attach rate of over 100% for a launch title, and this excludes the Wii U copies sold.

yeah I'm one of those extra. bought the game but cancelled my console preorder. will probably just grip the iso and toss it in cemu. ?

I haven't played video games in about three years, but a month ago or so I started playing the binding of isaac and I already have 234 hours on it... bloody amazing game

edit: learning to binge on games (& other obsessions) and do well as a student is a true artform 

Edited by MIXL2

I'm trying to check out halo2 wars, but it's pissing me off. Anyone try the game yet? The cutscenes are stuttering/choppy as fuck, to the point they're unwatchable. I've downloaded all video codecs I should need and can't find any fixes online. Any ideas?

Computer is brand new, top of the line everything. GPU is showing 10% load during videos so not sure wtf.

Is Shadow of Mordor any good?

There's a deep look at it by Ken Levine (Bioshock creator, also partly behind System Shock 2)

https://medium.com/matter/the-road-goes-ever-on-105f33453e55

There are two games that really kicked off what we think of as the modern “open world” game: Super Mario 64 and Grand Theft Auto III. These games unshackled the player from linear progression through a game’s levels. I think Shadow of Mordor is the first “open narrative” game. You’re not just checking off missions in a variable sequence. You’re changing the dramatis personae. Whenever you succeed or fail, the characters in the story respond to your actions, and not in the manner of a branching “choose your own adventure.” It is an excessively simple, yet impressively flexible, crime story.