IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest transmisiones ferox

i. there's the opening cinematic scene?? and the file is only 258 mb! lol, yeah it's funny, but i feel it's so short, so i played only few zones to leave it for later

just saw that. Laidlaw claims it's just his own fanfic but who knows.

fucksake. I just don't understand how Valve could let something so big just die like that.

Prob. won't play much of Drakengard 2. Kinda crappy, horrific dialogue + voice acting. Astonishing how bad the story is! Yet the original is wonderful, dark story telling, with much better voice acting + story. Gonna skip to NieR instead. You can really tell Yoko Taro was not involved with it.

Got Ending E of Drakengard. Yep, dude makes weird games. Onto Drakengard 2.

Awesome Master Roshi cosplay avatar!

Thank ye!

Edited by Bechuga

ive been trying to go through and finish some of my steam games i never played, starting with divinity:original sin. ive never really liked turn based computer game combat, but im having some fun with it. the story is quite good aswell.

I've been playing through this too, it's really good. I love the magic system. Once you get used to the elements and status effects there are so many different ways to approach combat.

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

HL3 is officially dead

I wouldn't call that official.

Still no solid evidence that HL3 is confirmed as not gonna happen. Besides, I though Laidlaw left Valve several years ago.

In the meantime, I don't really worry about it tho. There are still recent and upcoming non-Half-Life games out there we can enjoy.

i beat simon's quest. man dracula is fucking easy in this game. good stuff though. i don't see how anyone could've beaten this game as a kid the clues given by npcs are so incredibly fucking obtuse i almost still missed some stuff -_-

Currently dusting off DiRT 4 and Star Ocean on PS4.  

DiRT is superb, a perfect primer going into GT Sport.

Star Ocean is eh, at least the battle system is good.

Did anyone else try to get in on the clusterfuck that was SNES Classic pre-orders? the Tai Ding bot wreaked havoc.

Preordered back in July.  And more recently, preordered the 3DS XL SNES variant.

picked up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided again after leaving it aside for a good while. started a fresh game.

advanced level hacking in this game is so much harder than in Human Revolution, and consequently very tense as you try to understand the network layout before making a move and then when the security routine is inevitably triggered you race against the clock to try whilst fumbling to remember your plan of attack. it's great, most well-crafted minigame ever.

Edited by usagi

Beatmania IIDX on PS2.

I found the only NA release and a controller on eBay for $30 total but now I'm making a .iso collection of the 15 Japanese releases. You can play imports on the PS2 using a Free McBoot memory card to run burned DVDs if you use ESR patcher on the disk image. This site (mcbpete: hell no, link removed) has most of them but I'm still looking for releases 9-12 if anyone knows where I can find these.

picked up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided again after leaving it aside for a good while. started a fresh game.

advanced level hacking in this game is so much harder than in Human Revolution, and consequently very tense as you try to understand the network layout before making a move and then when the security routine is inevitably triggered you race against the clock to try whilst fumbling to remember your plan of attack. it's great, most well-crafted minigame ever.

It's been a whole year since I last touched MD. On the whole it wasn't bad, but I felt like it could've been better. I was hoping for returning characters from HR as well, but your former boss is really the only one, voiced by a different actor.

The visuals were solid, especially in Golem City. But I felt like they nerfed EMP weapons big time. Like you get EMP ammo for certain guns in addition to the grenades, but this time they only temporarily disable bots. And the flying attack drones they had absolutely zero effect on once they've already detected you, which was a load of crap.

And the Prague setting isn't bad - kind of reminiscent of City 17 from HL2. But you're spending most of the game there.

Edited by ambermonk