IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Darkest Dungeon, really great. Despite its 'turn-based combat + random encounters' definitely not like any other game I've played. Makes you rely more on natural instinct than on gamer experience.

That's good to hear because the first one is already in my Steam library :)

Dishonored 2 is a big improvement over 1. Both are good, but some of the levels in 2 are insanely innovative.

the recommendations for Dishonored were great.  finished 1 and the expansions, now onto 2.  is quite an excellent series.

I just started playing Death of the Outsider and (unsurprisingly) it's also very good! There's a kind of meditative bliss to the process of stealthily incapacitating an entire mansion full of guards and servants and stuffing all of their bodies into the same tiny nook.

Diablo Eternal Collection coming to Switch with local and online multiplayer:

Disappointed that this was one of the speculated Diablo projects Blizzard's been working on... However there's still the other project they hired a "dingeon designer" for, could either be D4 or a remaster of 2

I've finished Isaac. last completion mark was beating Hush as the Keeper, so obnoxiously difficult. while the game is now effectively 100%, I now find I still have 4 items I've never picked up in the game (Dad's Ring, Greed's Gullet, Tonsil - fucking swear I've picked this one up before - and Mega Blast) which I have to farm somehow by restarting runs over and over and praying the fucking things drop. ffs, I never wanna play this again when I'm finished. no more luck-based shit ever again.

and Mega Blast which I have to farm somehow by restarting runs over and over and praying the fucking things drop.

if you can get two Steam Sales in combination with Restock you can 'buy' items ad infinitum in shops for free, you will eventually get Chaos and then you can get items from all pools, including Devil Pool which has Mega Blast (but theres a few items you shouldn't pick up, like Missing No)

I've finished Isaac. last completion mark was beating Hush as the Keeper, so obnoxiously difficult. while the game is now effectively 100%, I now find I still have 4 items I've never picked up in the game (Dad's Ring, Greed's Gullet, Tonsil - fucking swear I've picked this one up before - and Mega Blast) which I have to farm somehow by restarting runs over and over and praying the fucking things drop. ffs, I never wanna play this again when I'm finished. no more luck-based shit ever again.

Dude, I stopped playing it because of the massive time sink it requires. You can spend whole days looking for one thing to drop. It's a fantastic game, but goddamn. Seems like it's gotten a bit too big to manage adequately.

Did you see the Kickstarter they had for the board game? I wanted to pledge, but I was broke that week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/isaacfoursouls/the-binding-of-isaac-four-souls

yeah, I saw it, I don't want anything to do with it lol. finishing this is enough. I don't think I ever want to play an Ed McMillen game again. I mean, I might be curious to try Mewgenics if there isn't such a huge chance element in it.

and Mega Blast which I have to farm somehow by restarting runs over and over and praying the fucking things drop.

if you can get two Steam Sales in combination with Restock you can 'buy' items ad infinitum in shops for free, you will eventually get Chaos and then you can get items from all pools, including Devil Pool which has Mega Blast (but theres a few items you shouldn't pick up, like Missing No)

I've been trying to break the game this way in Greed :( pure pain. what's the deal with Tonsil? it doesn't belong to any item pools, I'm sure I picked it up before but it still says I haven't.

I noticed a friend of mine had played over 2500 hours of Destiny, so I told him that it was the equivalent to 104 days of Destiny. He got furious and a couple of weeks later he decided not to talk to me again.

Lolz!

Been playing more adventure games and just finished off Wadjeteye's series. I highly recommend The Blackwell Legacy series to anyone who likes point and clicks. They're the equivalent of those non-fiction books that you see at the grocery store in length and tone, but the guy who writes them is *very* good, if not one of the best adventure game writers currently developing. It involves a woman named Rosa who comes from a family lineage that can talk to the dead and send lost ghosts to the next world, and spans across roughly 40 years with the in-game mechanics and character development reflecting it. The characters, settings and plots are all strong (the second episode was probably the weakest but was still good), voice acting is on par and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty: not easy but they make sense in the game world. The last game in the series was full length, high budget and had the perfect ending that took me completely off guard.

There are references in the game to Wadgeteye's first game, The Shivah (game was so-so), but they are mostly constrained to easter eggs than anything related to the story. It is worth playing through the first four to play the 5th because of the past references, questions and stories all being neatly answered and tied up. Their other adventure games are good B to A- grade products with the weakest of the adventures series on there probably a toss between A Golden Wake and Gemini Rue. The former has very interesting settings and detail, but the character writing, poorly-responsive action sequences, puzzles are bad and non-nonsensical plot twists. Aside from that, the Blackwell series is probably the most successful and has the most effort put into it. It shows!

They just released a new Shadowrun-esque adventure game, Unavowed, that I'm going through now.

Yes, the wdjet eye games are all great

also playing unavowed atm, its nice

playing Witcher 3 on my PS4 as well atm. I;m late to this party, but goddamn it's to me one of the best games ever made

I noticed a friend of mine had played over 2500 hours of Destiny, so I told him that it was the equivalent to 104 days of Destiny. He got furious and a couple of weeks later he decided not to talk to me again.

Lolz!

Haha, nicely done