IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

oh i see. no, not what im talking about. Even when you do the over-the-shoulder perspective you cant really zoom in to see facial features/minor changes like you could in Oblivion. Maybe they fixed that on PC, but I haven't seen a way to do in on PS3.

hmm, can't help you there. on pc you can zoom right up on your character and spin the camera around. i figured you could do that on PS3 too. maybe not, never played it.

Spent some time with it last night. I love it, but then I'm a roguelike player. Having said that, I think the roguelike elements are overstated slightly - it contains a lot of random generation and permadeath, but most of the mechanics ARE real time and the exploration element is totally different. It's its "own thing".

It's definitely not an RTS though. It's more like a mad combination of Weird Worlds and a cracking little boardgame like Space Alert (which I haven't played but seems to fit the bill).

It definitely won't be for everybody, but it's worth trying out.

i forgot just how much fun some bits of fallout:NV were.

getting the caps together to buy an A+ sniper rifle from the gun runners and then clearing quarry junction of the deathclaws with my buddies boone and ED-E. pure pleasure.

i forgot just how much fun some bits of fallout:NV were.

getting the caps together to buy an A+ sniper rifle from the gun runners and then clearing quarry junction of the deathclaws with my buddies boone and ED-E. pure pleasure.

Watch out for the den mother deathclaw. She's tough.

nah. boone and ED-E set to aggressive, a sniper rifle at 100% condition, perception-enhancing beret and goggles, and the sniper headshot perk... she was toast. and all the deathclaw eggs and claws paid for more .308 ammo so i could finish cleaning the place out.

once you have the sniper rifle, it's a cakewalk. before then... it's hell.

Edited by kaini

nah. boone and ED-E set to aggressive, a sniper rifle at 100% condition, perception-enhancing beret and goggles, and the sniper headshot perk... she was toast. and all the deathclaw eggs and claws paid for more .308 ammo so i could finish cleaning the place out.

I find the Automatic Rifle (from Dead Money) to be an effective anti-Deathclaw gun too, especially with armor-piercing rounds. Comes in handy as an act of desperation when they're charging you.

Well, Borderlands 2 is my latest. I just reached XP level 8. This might be the first game I've bought on Steam the same day it was released. Should keep me occupied til the new X-COM game is released in three weeks.

I just started a new game in Dark Souls, with the intent of being a sorcery/miracle user. We shall see.... Despite beating this game already, I am not good at it really.

The DLC pack for 360/PS3 comes out on October 23rd/24th US/UK/ROW

I find the Automatic Rifle (from Dead Money) to be an effective anti-Deathclaw gun too, especially with armor-piercing rounds. Comes in handy as an act of desperation when they're charging you.

Well, Borderlands 2 is my latest. I just reached XP level 8. This might be the first game I've bought on Steam the same day it was released. Should keep me occupied til the new X-COM game is released in three weeks.

man, new xcom, soos want. a lot of the videos look frighteningly cut-scen-y, hope it's just for demos...

Black Mesa! This game is incredible, totally brings back amazing childhood memories of HL1, while being smoothed out and entirely playable nowadays. The level design is top notch, Valve should hire some of these cats who made this awesome mod

I just started a new game in Dark Souls, with the intent of being a sorcery/miracle user. We shall see.... Despite beating this game already, I am not good at it really.

Oh that's great news. I wonder if I have to start a new character.

Black Mesa! This game is incredible, totally brings back amazing childhood memories of HL1, while being smoothed out and entirely playable nowadays. The level design is top notch, Valve should hire some of these cats who made this awesome mod

Oh yeah...keep forgetting about that. Out of curiosity, did you download it thru Steam, or directly from their website?

No, apparently it opens up if you've done certain things in the main game (it's like a portal to another world), but is independent of the rest of the game - like side quests, and has it's own storyline (a term used very loosely with Dark Souls) and bosses, etc.

Oh yeah...keep forgetting about that. Out of curiosity, did you download it thru Steam, or directly from their website?

it's not on steam yet - it's been greenlit but i reckon it'll be a few weeks before you see it there.

No, apparently it opens up if you've done certain things in the main game (it's like a portal to another world), but is independent of the rest of the game - like side quests, and has it's own storyline (a term used very loosely with Dark Souls) and bosses, etc.

Yeah, I've done some reading, despite telling myself I was going to go in blind. That said, after reading HOW to access the DLC, I doubt I would have naturally found it, at it seems to be a bit convoluted. I think I WILL start a new character then, as the one I started yesterday is giving me a hard time. I really think that magic use isn't going to fit my HULK SMASH play style. I beat it using a +15 zwei if that tells you anything. Once I upgraded to +15, it was like easy mode. Also, I really am not that great at this. Out of many many invasions, I've only won about twice against invaders. I was in the Darkmoon cov for awhile, and as an invader myself, I lost probably 85% of the time. I get backstabbed before I can manage to do anything, and it seems like it may be because of lag, because one sec, the person will be in front of me, the next, I'm backstabbed. I have a decent internet connection, so I don't even know. Still, this is one of my favorite games that I have ever played in my life, hands down.

It is quite good, and ditto on the childhood memories. as a PC kid, HL1 was the absolute shit back in the day.

I have no doubt that valve will be hiring some of the devs.

here's hoping it doesn't cost money when it comes out on steam

Guest Enter a new display name

Humble Bundle #6!!! :D

hell yeah just got this

been wanting to play dustforce for a while so i shelled out for the extra :D

I'm loving the hell out of Dustforce!