IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Been binging Resident Evil 2. Not as scary as RE7. I just entered NEST as Leon, and I think I'm managing pretty well. Plenty of ammo for the mag, and lots of gunpowder to make more shotgun or pistol ammo, also tons of herbs. 

I beat Hitman 2 recently. It was fun at the beginning, but the constant replaying of levels to kill in different ways grows old over time. I just started doing everything Suit Only to beat it.

Hmm. I bought RE2 but haven't played it yet. I'm currently addicted to this old game called "Might and Magic 7". I'm curious to see if anyone's played it. Or really and of the ones between MaM 6-8. It's a really good game I'm impressed. I really like these old RPGs before they were 'streamlined' to have these kinda lame game mechanics like perks.

I've also recently played thru Baldur's Gate 2. Great game. 

Beat RE2 as Leon. I'll take a break, then start with Claire. I forgot to develop the last role of film, which was dumb on my part. Otherwise got all the items.

Whoa I just did the same thing, except I did develop that "Hiding Place" roll of film. Gonna start the Second Run as Claire myself, but probably not til tomorrow or later this week.

One thing I will say though...I gave this game a second chance after my rage-quit a week ago, and it paid off. It got me out of my comfort zone, and proved itself to be arguably the best new game on the market. This is about as close to perfecting a reboot as you can get. Well done, Capcom.

Apex Legends is good

it's incredibly depressing that they took an excellent FPS and took away all the fun unique things about it - the movement system, mechs, cool sci-fi weapons - and replaced it with a f2p BR with loot boxes. Doubly so that this seems to dash any chances of Titanfall 3 happening.

all that being said... it adds a lot to the BR formula, mostly in the usability and QoL side (things like being able to ping locations and the group drop system)

RDR2 online is pretty fun until other players show up. I wish I could turn off PVP in free roam...

Serious question: How would this be different than just playing the regular game once you unlock all the areas? (I haven't kept up w/ the online component/info)

Apex Legends is good

it's incredibly depressing that they took an excellent FPS and took away all the fun unique things about it - the movement system, mechs, cool sci-fi weapons - and replaced it with a f2p BR with loot boxes. Doubly so that this seems to dash any chances of Titanfall 3 happening.

all that being said... it adds a lot to the BR formula, mostly in the usability and QoL side (things like being able to ping locations and the group drop system)

I really hope they are working on TF3. But now that their asses belong to EA they'll likely be closed down after their Star Wars game gets cancelled.

I joke...but not really!

So what does that really mean ?

Means Microsoft is trying to become a platform for online gaming rather than have Live exclusively for its consoles.

Plus, once streaming becomes the norm you’ll be able to play Gears of War 9 on your Switch

Means Microsoft is trying to become a platform for online gaming rather than have Live exclusively for its consoles.
Plus, once streaming becomes the norm you’ll be able to play Gears of War 9 on your Switch

I think the streaming titles currently on Switch: Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey in Japan, plus the similarity of the Switch hardware to the Nvidia Shield, have motivated MS to include Nintendo in this campaign. But yeah, XBL is definitely headed to an open platform service.

I think the streaming titles currently on Switch: Resident Evil 7 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey in Japan, plus the similarity of the Switch hardware to the Nvidia Shield, have motivated MS to include Nintendo in this campaign. But yeah, XBL is definitely headed to an open platform service.

I wonder if the switch will get voice chat with the xbl service.

It make sense - the money is in the services, not in the hardware or games. Think about if MS had ALL (including PC master race folk) users paying to play online together - they'd make a fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if the NextBox is nothing more than a generic PC focused on streaming games. 

Binding of Isaac heads will feel the pain : I was only a few rooms left from completing the Purist challenge (with a Bible as the active item) and died like a dumbass because I did not knew that sacrifice room + missing poster do NOT unlock The Lost while doing a challenge run.

Sorry but I had to get it off my chest :catbleed:

RDR2 online is pretty fun until other players show up. I wish I could turn off PVP in free roam...

Serious question: How would this be different than just playing the regular game once you unlock all the areas? (I haven't kept up w/ the online component/info)

There are NPC characters scattered around the map that offer types of quests. I took one from a guy at a post office and it required I deliver mail. When you're on this mission, other players can prevent you from finishing it, for really no reason. So a posse of like 3-4 people showed up and just kept killing me after each respawn until the time limit ran out.

It's infuriating to have to get a posse together to complete a mission I could easily do by myself if the game prevented other players from killing me. It's pointless to do them.

It make sense - the money is in the services, not in the hardware or games. Think about if MS had ALL (including PC master race folk) users paying to play online together - they'd make a fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if the NextBox is nothing more than a generic PC focused on streaming games.

They’re working on two consoles and my guess is that one is a streaming box and the other one is a regular console but able to stream as well

Vivox is bringing its voice chat tech (from Fortnite) to Switch:

https://www.variety.com/2019/gaming/news/vivox-sdk-nintendo-switch-voice-1203129107/amp/

Vivox is bringing its voice chat tech (from Fortnite) to Switch:

https://www.variety.com/2019/gaming/news/vivox-sdk-nintendo-switch-voice-1203129107/amp/

someone online;

They tried to use the app as a workaround since the console runs hot on some of the more intense games, especially in handheld mode. The added load of running chat software was likely more than the cpu could handle.

Binding of Isaac heads will feel the pain : I was only a few rooms left from completing the Purist challenge (with a Bible as the active item) and died like a dumbass because I did not knew that sacrifice room + missing poster do NOT unlock The Lost while doing a challenge run.

Sorry but I had to get it off my chest :catbleed:

lol. I guess you can take comfort in the fact that Purist is one of the easier challenges and you should be able to get it eventually without significantly increasing the chances of having a stroke in your older years.

I've been happily living my life away from Isaac - and vidya in general actually, haven't played anything in a month - but I know that when Repentance arrives it's going to be pain all over again.

There are NPC characters scattered around the map that offer types of quests. I took one from a guy at a post office and it required I deliver mail. When you're on this mission, other players can prevent you from finishing it, for really no reason. So a posse of like 3-4 people showed up and just kept killing me after each respawn until the time limit ran out.

It's infuriating to have to get a posse together to complete a mission I could easily do by myself if the game prevented other players from killing me. It's pointless to do them.

MMM - thnx - sounds frustrating . . . maybe something that will get tweaked in future updates? Guess it reflects the truism that no matter where you go online, there are going to be some asshats making things lame for everyone else . . .