IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah just saw the trailer, I'm impressed! They finally added actual multiplayer and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I know a lot of blowhards won't bother because "it should have been in the final game!" but whatever, it's gotten nothing but free updates since launch. Taken a little over a year but the game is looking to be in a good state. Might hop back in!

Where did you read about the "player commune" Foil?

Not looked much into it myself because I'm like 100 jumps or so away. Though I guess it should be a lot easier to go there now that they've introduced portals. There's a lot of info here https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Galactic_Hub_Project

There's apparently entire factions and such that people have made up. Seems like it could be fun to visit now that you can actually (kind of) see other players.

I haven't touched NMS in literally a year. Nice to see they're actively improving it. I feel that Sean Murray jumped the gun a year early on its release, for which he obviously took a lot of flak for. But it seems he's made amends.

Might be time for me to give it a go again as well.

Guest transmisiones ferox

I just ordered Dark Souls 3.. (for $17, pays to wait!) Recently finished Bloodborne. What an absolutely incredible game. I finally "get" From Software. I didn't understand before.. I just saw crappy frame-rates and seemingly repetitious gameplay. Both are kinda true but an obsession takes hold that I haven't felt in a game for a very very long time. The setting, the mystery, the addictive gameplay.. and sense of accomplishment is unreal. Couldn't put it down. 

where was you? there's nothing in game world like finishing dark souls 1 for the first time. it;s amazing how my analog contorller survived it...

replaying metal gear games for the second time. MGS 3; mymy the controls are driving me insane..love the stroy and the bosses, next will be mgs 2, love that game, story is the best part for me

Edited by transmisiones ferox

i,m struggling with bloodborne,i,ve gotten pretty far into dark souls 1,2 and 3 without completing any of them,but i,m so used to having a shield,i can,t get past the 1st boss on bloodborne,i know fire hurts him,but i use up my molotovs and blood vials,only to get to get 2 shot killed,or the camera fucks me up  and i,m staring at the outside of the bridge while getting stomped on,and the next time i face him i,ve got hardly any blood vials or molotovs,i,ve got no chance,feel like such a noob!

I feel that Sean Murray jumped the gun a year early on its release, for which he obviously took a lot of flak for. But it seems he's made amends.

I wonder if they just ran out of funds (especially cos of that big flood) and were just like "fuck ... we need to put something out"

i,m struggling with bloodborne,i,ve gotten pretty far into dark souls 1,2 and 3 without completing any of them,but i,m so used to having a shield,i can,t get past the 1st boss on bloodborne,i know fire hurts him,but i use up my molotovs and blood vials,only to get to get 2 shot killed,or the camera fucks me up and i,m staring at the outside of the bridge while getting stomped on,and the next time i face him i,ve got hardly any blood vials or molotovs,i,ve got no chance,feel like such a noob!

Cleric Beast, right? I ask because technically you can teach Gascoigne first but Cleric is the best first boss, it may not seem like it now but he's not that bad. I'm gonna say shit that you may know already but anyway let me blabber on...

First of all, just take a break from the boss and just farm for vials and bullets and consumables. What weapon are you using? Practice dodging and parrying with easy guys. You'll die practicing. Who cares. Get used to it :)

Once you've got farming out of the way, get back to the boss and just watch and avoid as much as possible for once or twice. Don't attack, at least at first, and watch him and learn his tells and practice avoiding them. You'll waste some vials but who cares. You've got a store, can always farm more. Dodging towards attacks helps sometimes with bosses and some enemy attacks. Cleric Beast has one hand, right I think, that's his big bad hitter. Avoid that at all costs...strategy that worked for me for his first phase was dodging circling around him pretty close, chipping away with hits on his legs and back. Second phase he gets more jumpy iirc, gotta time your rolls and dodges to be JUST as his attack will land or just stay out of the range.

Consumables like molotovs are okay on Cleric but once you watch his tells and attacks you should be able to take him down without fire or anything. Fire isn't as effective on him as it is on other bosses, basically. I don't remember parries being that useful on him but I could be mistaken.

Notes just in case you haven't realized or looked it up: attacks that you land soon after you lose health will replenish some of your health (some people never notice this!). Chaining trick weapon attacks can bump up damage. Hitting a Beast with oil and THEN hitting him with fire majorly ups the fire damage. Are you playing locked on? Those camera issues shouldn't happen if so (unless his jumps sever the lock, which can happen)...but you should be at least familiar with moving the camera on your own in case this happens. Practice locking/unlocking on easy enemies and working the camera a bit.

Generally in Souls/Borne if you can't get past a place or boss, farm and practice or try another area. Practice really is your friend though man, I keep harping on it but given what you've said I think you're just not analyzing your weaknesses and honing your skills. There's no easy fix for these games, you have to play it in one of the ways they designed it to be played, or you'll just smash your head into walls and die again and again and again. I did it with each new game, and my god the first game I played, Demon's, destroyed me at first. Had to take a break and play DS1 for a while and had a friend sort of coach me and it all clicked. But yeah each game is very different...BB they do not allow you to shield and play slow and safe. Aggression is not just rewarded, it's necessary. Speed is necessary. BB is just designed like that.

Thank for the info! I do lock on but I have lost that and not realised when I run away to avoid his ranged attack sometimes,to be honest I was being lazy not replenishing my supplies before taking him on again,gonna try again later or tomorrow,will report back,thanks again auxien

I feel that Sean Murray jumped the gun a year early on its release, for which he obviously took a lot of flak for. But it seems he's made amends.

I wonder if they just ran out of funds (especially cos of that big flood) and were just like "fuck ... we need to put something out"

Wasn't that long before Sony stepped in and said, "hey, we'll give you moneys"?

Wasn't that long before Sony stepped in and said, "hey, we'll give you moneys"?

i think it's much more likely that sony gave them a hard deadline in exchange for the $$$ and marketing and they just had to ship what they had at the time

Just beat Uncharted 4. It's by far the best Uncharted I've played. They're kind of like popcorn video games,

but done well.

I also tried Bound on PS4, but it's not that interesting. Cool art style though.

I just ordered Dark Souls 3.. (for $17, pays to wait!) Recently finished Bloodborne. What an absolutely incredible game. I finally "get" From Software. I didn't understand before.. I just saw crappy frame-rates and seemingly repetitious gameplay. Both are kinda true but an obsession takes hold that I haven't felt in a game for a very very long time. The setting, the mystery, the addictive gameplay.. and sense of accomplishment is unreal. Couldn't put it down. 

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Bloodborne is great, it really really is. You may or may not have the same sort of experience with DS3, but it's certainly on par with BB gameplay-wise. The story isn't quite as interesting and 'focused' (lol at using that word for any From soulslike game) as BB, but it's still a great game, definitely allows for more diverse gameplay styles and such, which can give you some change from BB. How long did you spend on it? I've got at least 150 hours logged for BB which included like 3+ playthroughs and 2 or 3 characters. I also did more than a few hours of PVP back in the initial 6 months of its release. Is the PVP stuff still active? Did you do much in the dungeons? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS

sorry I've been itching to do a new run through of DS3 or maybe a new BB run  :gamer:

haha. I did do some PVP and god damn that portion of the game is so rewarding as well. May be the best game I've played in years. The game seemed surprisingly active considering how late to the party I was. I did do some of the Chalice Dungeons and honestly if there wasn't a fresh new (to me) From Software game waiting for me, I'm sure I would do a lot more of them but couldn't resist just jumping right into DS3. Isn't a BB sequel rumored? (please be true!) 

Yesss! Finally beat the cleric beast,took me 3 goes and about 10 blood vials,mostly stayed behind and hit his head when he crouched after a big hit,then I got squashed by a giant pig in the sewers,oh well,here we go!

Congrats! It took me a ridiculously long time to kill that thing. And actually I was getting kind of turned off from the game while trying. Once I got through the sewers is when I got full-blown obsessed with the game though. Eventually you will get to the point where you may kick the shit out of a boss first try. Definitely gets progressively easier (but still very fun). Can't recommend getting through the whole thing enough. My jaw dropped multiple times by just how awesome some of the settings, enemies and even story are. This is a love letter to H.P. Lovecraft and "cosmic horror" waaaaay more than I realized in the beginning.  Jesus. I want a sequel so badly. 

ive been trying to go through and finish some of my steam games i never played, starting with divinity:original sin. ive never really liked turn based computer game combat, but im having some fun with it. the story is quite good aswell.

The update ruined my old save which bummed me out pretty bad. BUT, they already put out a patch that seems to have fixed everything. Pretty sweet. On a saturday even.

Update itself is pretty amazing. And overwhelming.

Yeah I'm actually really impressed with where the game is at the moment. It feels much more alive and interesting.

Survival is still REALLY tedious though. Constantly having to make power for your life support, filling up the ship's jump engine or whatever it is, and inventory management is painful, still. I'm also a little disappointed the portals require you finding all the glyphs or something. I'm thinking back to Subnautica which does these things much better - you can stock up on food/water/power easily and be fine for a good 30-60 minutes, and the game never busts your balls for progress.

I also think I've hit a bug where I've lost the recipe for the voltaic cells but re-recruiting the scientist won't give them to me again.

Splatoon 2, most notably with the Switch set on "portable" mode, is probably the funniest game I played in years. If there are some players here on WATMM, let's share our friend codes and create the WATMM league :D !

Then there's Breath of the Wild, which is indeed awesome and epic and never disappoints.

Also, Arms.

I love my Switch haha !

Yeah Vaaler there are rumors of a BB2 but it's all fan-started rumors, there's been zero hints or leaks or anything to actually suggest it. BB2 could be great for sure, especially considering how great it really is as you talk about....being a love letter to cosmos horror and Lovecraft and all (this was so great playing through right as it came out because no one knew where the game went, all the promo had been gothic werewolves and such, then halfway through playing there's this HUGE turn in the story, so great!) but I think From are best when starting a new world without tying it to anything else story-wise (Demon's, DS1, BB). But hopefully we get an announcement of whatever they're doing sometime soon.

Hahaha sunshine recorder glad you got him quick! I forgot about attacking his head, sure it felt good taking him down. Those pigs, just shove your hand up their asses. :D

thanks,it was quick this time,not taking into account the 20 times he pumelled me before i chose to pick the game up again and persevere,and believe it or not,i killed father gascoigne today on my 4th attempt!(with a bit of youtube knowledge) but i,m getting into the groove now, i,ve never felt so intimidated when he turned half way through the fight,so aggressive! such a good feeling when the prey slaughtered appeared,phew!

Anybody here tried Sonic Mania ?? Been playing it for a few hours now, and it totally meets my expectations so far ! Bosses are genuinely awesome, level design seem great and the new zones are incredible. Still have to finish it but I don't want to do it to fast - who know how long I'll have to wait for another good classic Sonic game ?