IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Like Joyrex said, the Switch Flip Grip is a quality accessory, and really one Nintendo should have included, or at least produced. This is the way Donkey Kong, Galaga, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc. were meant to be played.

IMG-2525.jpg

IMG-2523.jpg

It's really clever and well made. I have been playing a lot of Ikaruga with it.

Just picked up Guacamelee 2 for Switch as my sanity preservation game for the holidays. 

Like Joyrex said, the Switch Flip Grip is a quality accessory, and really one Nintendo should have included, or at least produced. This is the way Donkey Kong, Galaga, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc. were meant to be played.

IMG-2525.jpg

IMG-2523.jpg

Are the white joy cons part of the accessory of did you just skin yours up?

Just got Stellaris and I'm having a good time with it. It's a lot to take in but it sure is pretty. Also Parkitect, the unofficial sequel to Rollercoaster Tycoon. It's sooooo good.

Edited by Entorwellian

I played this at walmart today. i suck at street fighter but it was still cool

fye.000008152210266584_4.jpg

Gee Mommy, this is just like when you and Daddy fight!

Mommy: No, honey - this is the only time Daddy actually wins in our fights

Wait - is that guy on his knees, or is he sitting on a stool as well?

2018-12-26 12_21_40-Clipboard.png

OK, I am having issues with this image:

• As mentioned, where is the guy's legs?
  • Whose shoe is that?
  • If he's on his knees, wouldn't we see his legs/shoes on the floor behind him?
  • Is that her leg, or is that his and he's perhaps on one bended knee?

attachicon.gif2018-12-26 12_21_40-Clipboard.png

OK, I am having issues with this image:

• As mentioned, where is the guy's legs?
  • Whose shoe is that?
  • If he's on his knees, wouldn't we see his legs/shoes on the floor behind him?
  • Is that her leg, or is that his and he's perhaps on one bended knee?

This is scary. At first I was like, "well, duh, it's clearly that dude's knee - he just has one knee up and one down" but then I started looking at it and the more I look at it the less I can make sense of it. It's like reverse pareidolia.

Also, can someone photoshop Mortal Kombat onto the screen? 

Also (also): Got Mortal Kombat XL during the M$ sale. One of the best 5$ I've ever spent. Really surprised at how much they focused on tweaking the combat - now it's kind of like the MK I always wanted but didn't know I did - i.e., fairly tight kombat kontrols but with the same brutal, visceral violence that always defined the series. 

I have been playing Mega Man 11 on and off for a few weeks now and I'm just now starting to like it. I don't know what it was that repelled me so much -- perhaps it was the annoyingly accurate enemy attackers, the 2 or more minibosses in every stage, or instant death traps at every turn. It feels and plays like a MM game, but these things seem like they just said, "Hey, MM games are supposed to be really hard, so let's make sure we put some frustrating shit in here," As I've said before, I don't think Mega Man games are that hard, aside from 9 and 10, so I don't know where this idea that these are supposed to be rage-inducing games came from. Anyway, the game finally clicked with me recently, especially after I got the upgrade for the Speed Gear that lets you move at normal speed while slowing everything else down (why did it previously slow the player down, too?). This is good because the game actively wants you to play with the Speed Gear (moreso than the Power Gear, which I rarely use), and when you do, the game is much more fun.

However, I got to the fucking Yellow Devil boss today, the worst boss in MM history, and it pissed me off so bad that I quit and I am not sure if I'll be playing it again anytime soon.

I'm also sporadically playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, which is pretty cool, as well as Nier: Automata, but I haven't played it in about a month, so I need to get back to it. I think my aversion to MM11 actually has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't actually felt like putting a lot of effort into games (or anything, for that matter) lately. I'm not up for a challenge right now. Hopefully that will subside in the new year, preferably before Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes comes out.

Just watched Blades of the Immortal.. waiting patiently for Sekiro (#$!^!% ps4 Bloodborne exclusivity) and hopefully Samurai Spirits in 2019.