IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

broke the golden rule and pre-ordered SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE,its FROM, it already looks great,and the more i see,the more i see next gen TENCHU which is an insta-buy for me all day

currently playing HITMAN 2 and ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE,both great

That one looks like it could be a lot of fun. I hope it's more like Tenchu than Dark Souls. I gave Dark Souls a shot and didn't like it at all.

That one looks like it could be a lot of fun. I hope it's more like Tenchu than Dark Souls. I gave Dark Souls a shot and didn't like it at all.

yep,TENCHU Z was one of my fave last-gen titles,pretty under-rated,it took me 4 attempts until DARK SOULS finally felt rewarding and worth pushing forward,give it another try,especially the remastered version

Edited by sunshine recorder

The Metro series always seemed kind of a step down from STALKER to me. Way too linear in comparison.

The first two Metro games are definitely linear, no question about it - albeit with superior graphics. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. may be aged and janky by comparison, but it still grants you vastly more freedom in the way of exploration. Plus there's a shit ton of mods for it.

Probably worth noting that both game series are based on novels. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was based on the 1971 sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky (and the 1979 film Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky), whereas the original Metro 2033 novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky was published in its native Russia in 2005. I've seen the first half of the Stalker film years ago, but I still ought to read these novels at some point.

Anyway, with Metro Exodus less than a month away, you have the best of both worlds. Open world AND stellar graphics. And if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is for sure happening in 2021, the developers will surely be taking notes.

(also looking forward to Atomic Heart later this year, which seems to be a melding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Bioshock elements)

Just played the Resident Evil 2 Demo, which was fantastic. Recently, I have also tried Hades, beautiful art, isometric action. I am looking forward to Diablo 3's Season 16 starting tonight! I will be playing a Wizard.

Just played the Resident Evil 2 Demo, which was fantastic. Recently, I have also tried Hades, beautiful art, isometric action. I am looking forward to Diablo 3's Season 16 starting tonight! I will be playing a Wizard.

going witch doctor here

My most played FPS is back again with its nice and lovely chunky unfiltered pixels. It's kind of like a Brutal Quake, with hints of Quake II's aesthetic thrown in. It's no doubt also in response to Dusk & Devil's Hand bringing back the 90s software rendered vibe. It's still in beta but it seems OK so far ...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-15

Even if you have Darkplaces installed anyway I recommend using the version supplied with the mod as I had loads of visual glitches with the more recent version I had installed (missing textures, holes in maps, console error messages being thrown up)

I won't preorder even for Sekiro.

to be honest, i did it because i,ve got the money for it now,but i might not have the spare cash when its released,and it looks a must buy for me

that's fair enough.

My most played FPS is back again with its nice and lovely chunky unfiltered pixels. It's kind of like a Brutal Quake, with hints of Quake II's aesthetic thrown in. It's no doubt also in response to Dusk & Devil's Hand bringing back the 90s software rendered vibe. It's still in beta but it seems OK so far ...

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJFudlrgvo

Even if you have Darkplaces installed anyway I recommend using the version supplied with the mod as I had loads of visual glitches with the more recent version I had installed (missing textures, holes in maps, console error messages being thrown up)

This looks very cool, but the weapons NOT being centred on the screen feels really weird. I’ll still give this a try tomorrow though

Age of Empires 2 HD.. the music alone in this game is such a throwback for me.

Grim Fandango.. on my phone. feels weird playing this on the subway during my commute, doesn't do it justice

Watched some videos of Cyberpunk 2077. Probably my second most anticipated game this year. Happy to see vehicles in any story driven FPS, ala Halo or Half Life 2.

Yeah CP2077 looks like GTA and Deus Ex had a baby. I have little doubt that it'll be the next big game.

I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Within on mobile on the side, and it's a little jankier than I remember. Today I was playing an abduction mission where one of my assaulters had a 94 percent hit chance on a flanked alien and he missed. And on the current terror mission I'm on one of the civilians that got killed by an alien sounded just like Homer Simpson going "d'oh!"

As for Metro Exodus (again), supposedly former S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs were part of the development team, which makes sense.

METRO EXODUS looks awesome,like a cross between FALLOUT and STALKER which can only be good news,my bank account is getting hit again by the looks of things,oh, and RESIDENT EVIL 2 as well!,looks like capcom have done a proper job with that reboot

Edited by sunshine recorder

Age of Empires 2 HD.. the music alone in this game is such a throwback for me.

Been playing some AoE 2 with friends recently and we got our asses kicked by the IA at the intermediate level of difficulty. It felt as if I wasn't playing the same game I did when I was a kid lol

AoE2 was crazy hard. i dont ever remember winning a game. even when you typed in cheats the ai opponent got them aswell, so you would storm over with 1000 units only to find the ai had them aswell.

i actually think if command and conquer red alert 2 had more adpative AI i would stiull be playing it to this day. even with 8 AIs on hard mode though, they only had 2 attack patterns they would just repeat every 3 minutes. the first 20 minutes was hard as fuck, but once you had your base strong you just annihilated them.

current game: slay the spire. verdict, awesome. roguelike card game, no randomly generated dps stats ingame so the level of strategy is phenomonal. ive only played the ironclad so far, reached the act 3 boss but got annihilated.

current game: slay the spire. verdict, awesome. roguelike card game, no randomly generated dps stats ingame so the level of strategy is phenomonal. ive only played the ironclad so far, reached the act 3 boss but got annihilated.

oh man i've been real hooked on slay the spire too. great game. you're gonna love the other characters. the defect especially, the way that class plays is just brilliant.