IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

5 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Fuckin Ghosts n Goblins

Funny; the only difficulty I remember was not being able to change direction after jumping :dadjoke:

I never owned it growing up so I've never beaten it even once, much less 6 or 7 loops (has anyone even figured out how many loops it takes before it stops getting harder, or is 7 just the highest number anyone has managed so far?) but it's not as hard as I remember. Hard for sure, but fun hard. But I'm only getting through the first two levels so far and those are the easy ones, so we'll see.

Meanwhile, I'm out of town for the weekend and I figured I could practice Nightmare on Elm Street on my laptop, since there are some jumps in the last level that are giving me trouble, but having the actual hardware out again has ruined emulation for me. The input lag was just killing me. On hardware I can usually get through at least the first three or four levels without dying at all lately, on the emulator I couldn't even get to the boss of level 5 before I was out of continues. When I had only played on emulators for the past 15 years or whatever, I noticed it but it didn't seem so bad.

I upgraded from a mid tier laptop from 2011 to a mid-tier (i.e. it's still just a laptop but it has an Nvidia GPU with some GPU accelerated physics capabilities etc.) "gamer's laptop" from 2016 this week, so I can now play semi-recent games.  But should I?

I'm considering picking up Totally Accurate Battle Simulator.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

Blood: Fresh Supply (the Nightdive remaster) is kicking my ass, but for being originally released in 1997, it's aged quite well. It's one of those games where you die in seconds if you get brazen. Tread lightly, play smart, be persistent. That seems to be the winning strategy.

5 hours ago, yekker said:

I bought tetris 99 dlc and cleared marathon 999 lines. Took me just over 45 minutes... :wang:

I was tempted to buy that just for the Gameboy skin

10 hours ago, Crossword Enthusiast said:

Played a lot of Red Dead this weekend. I am thinking in Arthur Morgan’s voice now. 

You're okaaaayyyyy.

20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I was tempted to buy that just for the Gameboy skin

the main part of that game is free if you have a Nintendo Online account. the single player stuff is paid. 

you get the gameboy skin if you take part in the weekend "event", so you shouldn't need to spend a $ - https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1126657112149561344

On 5/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, yekker said:

I bought tetris 99 dlc and cleared marathon 999 lines. Took me just over 45 minutes... :wang:

i paused the game. put switch down. picked it up, accidentally had scrolled down to Quit Game, accidentally pressed A. and it just went ahead and quit the game without even prompting me. 

41:32, 89 lines. 

fan

fucking

tastic

Finally picked up Blaster Master, that's one of those games I rented every chance I got but never had long enough to get very far in, and could never really get into on emulators.

Rage 2 won't launch for me on Steam. Already have the latest NVIDIA driver, already verified game cache integrity, already meet the minimum required specs, etc. But other Steam users are experiencing the same issue apparently. Hope Bethz/idSoft patch this shit soon. #gamefwp

13 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Finally picked up Blaster Master, that's one of those games I rented every chance I got but never had long enough to get very far in, and could never really get into on emulators.

One of my favourite games of all time. You should also check out Blaster Master Zero and Zero 2 on Switch if you have one. Just as good as the original game - better in some ways.

11 hours ago, Joyrex said:

One of my favourite games of all time. You should also check out Blaster Master Zero and Zero 2 on Switch if you have one. Just as good as the original game - better in some ways.

Newest console I have is N64.

Played Double Dragon II for the first time in about 15 years earlier tonight. Blew through to the last level on one life and then fell in a pit a bunch of times in the last one.

Edited by TubularCorporation

2 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

cancel all videogames.

Mario maker 2 is coming.

Lol. I can't wait for the influx of popular YT videos of those impossible levels which don't look fun to play at all. 

Edited by Brisbot

i really enjoyed mario maker 1. finding good levels was a pain but that’s also a problem of 90% of the uploaded levels being garbage. but eventually you stumble onto a good level + browse the uploaders levels + check their Favourited levels and find more good levels etc. etc.

this sequel will be the end of me !!!

• Like 1