IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 minute ago, milkface said:

That's pretty cool, I don't think I had played it since I last had it on PS2. Never had the knowledge to tinker with wii and xbox 360 stuff either but knew of a few friends who had done it.

getting the thing to play actual gamecube and wii roms was a more involved process. i tried doing it for the gamecube side of things but managed to completely bork it up and resulted in trying to boot gamecube games just having the wii shut itself down. i was only wanting to try Mario Kart Arcade GP roms, I swear !!! 

Edited by bitchroast
  • Haha 1

Apparently Romero's new Sigil map pack for the original Doom is a letdown from what I've heard. At this point I'm just gonna fart around some more on my latest Fallout 4 playthrough until Ion Maiden gets finished. And then I can dive into No Man's Sky Beyond later this summer.

No Rage 2 though, since my PC won't even run it. But I was able to get it refunded. Looks like the reviews are largely mixed anyway.

On 5/26/2019 at 7:55 AM, milkface said:

That's pretty cool, I don't think I had played it since I last had it on PS2. Never had the knowledge to tinker with wii and xbox 360 stuff either but knew of a few friends who had done it.

the gamestop employee totally gave me a "haha. i know why you buyin' lego indiana jones." it was $20 used i had 7 days to return it so i took it back as soon as i hacked my wii. ended up hacking my sisters wii for her and her kids too.

• Haha 1

Working from home on a video project today and there were a lot of renders to wait for so whenever I had 15 or 20 minutes I'd play Batman (NES) and I must have spent an hour and a half on that last level but I still can't quite beat the Joker. I don't know how I pulled it off in middle school.

I think maybe I have to kneel when I'm punching him but I need a long break before I play through it again.

The first 5 levels really aren't that bad at all but 6 is pretty brutal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisbot said:

To everyone - if you had to recommend a single game that you think every gamer must play, what is it?

Shadow of the Colossus

(my fav game ever would probably be Mega Man 2, tho)

Edited by jaderpansen

9 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Working from home on a video project today and there were a lot of renders to wait for so whenever I had 15 or 20 minutes I'd play Batman (NES) and I must have spent an hour and a half on that last level but I still can't quite beat the Joker. I don't know how I pulled it off in middle school.

I think maybe I have to kneel when I'm punching him but I need a long break before I play through it again.

The first 5 levels really aren't that bad at all but 6 is pretty brutal.

Sunsoft (makers of Batman on the NES) were such great game creators... they literally created some of my favourite games of all time:

Blaster Master
Fantasy Zone (yeah, Sega created it but their Mega Drive port of it is so good)
Cotton

And many more...

9 hours ago, Brisbot said:

To everyone - if you had to recommend a single game that you think every gamer must play, what is it?

Gosh, that's a hard one - there are so many!

I guess if I had to pick one that had a big impact on me, it would probably be Strider (arcade) - that part where you run down the snowy mountainside with the explosives going off and the music builds... amazing. Go to 3:51 in the video if the timecode in the URL doesn't work.

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

Shadow of the Colossus

(my fav game ever would probably be Mega Man 2, tho)

I remember buying Mega Man 2 the day it came out, rushing home, and sitting there until I beat it - the whole experience was pure magic. I'd love to see a remake of it (actually all the original MM games) in the same style as Mega Man 11 was, which is a great game in it's own right.

I guess another way to ask it is asking what game you'd bring with you to a desert island. Assuming you could play it. Though I suppose that's a slightly different question as you'd probably want to bring some crazy huge RPG.

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I guess if I had to pick one that had a big impact on me, it would probably be Strider (arcade) - that part where you run down the snowy mountainside with the explosives going off and the music builds... amazing. Go to 3:51 in the video if the timecode in the URL doesn't work

Oh yeah Strider is great. Way before my time but thankfully I have an uncle to showed me all those goodies. 

2 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Shadow of the Colossus is a good pick. 

If only I could erase the experience of playing the game to play it again. 

6 minutes ago, Brisbot said:
2 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

Shadow of the Colossus is a good pick. 

If only I could erase the experience of playing the game to play it again. 

I never played it originally, and have always wanted to, but for some reason I never seem to find increased interest in doing so... sounds like one of those games you play once and never again (which is not a bad thing in some cases).

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I never played it originally, and have always wanted to, but for some reason I never seem to find increased interest in doing so... sounds like one of those games you play once and never again (which is not a bad thing in some cases).

Oh no it has high replay value. But it's not the the type you usually go thru twice in a short time period, unless you're playing a higher difficulty. It's a game you pull out every 2-5 years and play through it.

It is as the other peeps say, definitely a must play. I honestly suggest you go buy it like right now. If you have a PS3, you can get the original version but better looking than the ps2 version. And somewhat recently the whole game was  remade from scratch to update it more for ps4, and plays like the original, with better controlling and graphics. Though imho there's a charm to the original due to the hazy graphics. The ps3 version would be cheaper as well.

You should look up both versions. It isn't a long game so you have no excuse. ?

Edited by Brisbot

Just now, Brisbot said:

Oh no it has high replay value. But it's not the the type you usually go thru twice in a short time period, unless you're playing a higher difficulty. It's a game you pull out every 2-5 years and play through it.

It is as the other peeps say, definitely a must play. I honestly suggest you go buy it like right now. If you have a PS3, you can get the original version. And somewhat recently the whole game was basically made from scratch to update it more for ps4, but plays like the original, with better controlling and graphics. Though imho there's a charm to the original due to the hazy graphics.

Yeah I watched some streams of the remake and it looked gorgeous, but I missed that hazy quality from the original - made the whole realm feel more cloaked in mystery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lada Laika said:

Yeah I watched some streams of the remake and it looked gorgeous, but I missed that hazy quality from the original - made the whole realm feel more cloaked in mystery.

More like cloaked the limited draw distance :lol:

Just now, Lada Laika said:

If anything it's worth it to play the ps3 version first, then get the remake a few years down the road when you go to play it again.

More like cloaked the limited draw distance :lol:

It works in the game due to the 'feeling' of the colossus and game in general. It's hard to explain.

Apparently we are going to get some more Death Stranding news soon - something they said about it leads me to think the "stranding" is not Engrish, but an action of some sort, related to dying or death...

47 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Apparently we are going to get some more Death Stranding news soon - something they said about it leads me to think the "stranding" is not Engrish, but an action of some sort, related to dying or death...

I am beyond excited for this!