Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing [Part II]

Rik Schaffer leakin' dem tunes again <3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Joyrex said:

One of my favourite games of all time. You should also check out Blaster Master Zero and Zero 2 on Switch if you have one. Just as good as the original game - better in some ways.

Newest console I have is N64.

Played Double Dragon II for the first time in about 15 years earlier tonight. Blew through to the last level on one life and then fell in a pit a bunch of times in the last one.

Edited by TubularCorporation

cancel all videogames.

Mario maker 2 is coming.

32 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I'll watch that when I get home. I'm for sure buying it :gamer:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

cancel all videogames.

Mario maker 2 is coming.

Lol. I can't wait for the influx of popular YT videos of those impossible levels which don't look fun to play at all. 

Edited by Brisbot

i really enjoyed mario maker 1. finding good levels was a pain but that’s also a problem of 90% of the uploaded levels being garbage. but eventually you stumble onto a good level + browse the uploaders levels + check their Favourited levels and find more good levels etc. etc.

this sequel will be the end of me !!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

i really enjoyed mario maker 1. finding good levels was a pain but that’s also a problem of 90% of the uploaded levels being garbage. but eventually you stumble onto a good level + browse the uploaders levels + check their Favourited levels and find more good levels etc. etc.

this sequel will be the end of me !!!

Oh yeah I used to play the game on a daily basis. Most uploads are garbage but I'd look up lists of the best ones. I don't usually get addicted to games that just have custom single player levels but this was an exception. This and all those really good Doom WADs.

It's unfortunate that 95% of the Mario Maker level that go viral are the crazy ones the person who made it can barely beat.

Edited by Brisbot

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

LOL

Edited by Brisbot

Posted (edited)

So if anyone really liked Ocarina of Time and likes youtube video essays about stuff, here's a good one on the game which explores underlying themes in the game which aren't necessarily obvious. Well worth the watch if you have 30 minutes to spare.

Edited by Brisbot

Speaking of Castlevania, there was this really cool fan game that came out last year called "Simon's Destiny". I beat it some time back, it's pretty fun and free.
Video is a bit loud to start out with. Download in the description.

Posted (edited)

Void Bastards looks interesting, FTL meets System Shock with a graphical style very similar to XIII's comic cell shading.

Edited by WeAreOceans
  • Like 1

Been back on a Borderlands 2 tip with my wee boy recently. Still great.

4 hours ago, WeAreOceans said:

Void Bastards looks interesting, FTL meets System Shock with a graphical style very similar to XIII's comic cell shading.

Nice. Any game that traverses the System Shock vein is an automatic grab for me. Also like the unique Futurama-style graphics.

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This releases today, 8 games for $20:

https://www.konami.com/games/50th/ac/castlevania/us/en/

IMG_4572.JPG

apparently the cv1 rom is a recalled version that crashes in later stages due to sprite overload

• Like 1

i'm still gonna buy it as soon as i get home though :cerious:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

So if anyone really liked Ocarina of Time and likes youtube video essays about stuff, here's a good one on the game which explores underlying themes in the game which aren't necessarily obvious. Well worth the watch if you have 30 minutes to spare.

Yes @ subject, but the style of these over-produced yt documentaries really irks me: The generic building piano muzak, timed word art emphasizing the narrators points, quick cuts every second.  I appreciate that its well researched, but then they just drown that effort in buzzfeed style tropes

strafefox's documentaries were the latest to really impress me. Very well produced but also kept the information flowing with no bullshitting.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, markedone said:

Yes @ subject, but the style of these over-produced yt documentaries really irks me: The generic building piano muzak, timed word art emphasizing the narrators points, quick cuts every second.  I appreciate that its well researched, but then they just drown that effort in buzzfeed style tropes

TBH this essay is more like a well done documentary style than a buzzfeed documentary and doesn't really have that youtube essay clicheness you speak of. Worth the watch for sure. And a lot of the music is good I think you'll like it. It also provides a deeper appreciation for Zelda and Miyamoto and makes me wanna replay some of the older games.

Probably shouldn't have said 'youtube essay' or whatever to describe it. Let me put it this way, if YT essays became more like this one I'd watch a lot more YT essays.

Edited by Brisbot

Played through Ninja Gaiden for the first time in quite a while after work.  Pretty rusty, took over an hour and a half to get to the last boss and I died and got kicked back all the way to that green stage.  Didn't have it in me to go through the last 4 or 5 stages again tonight but I should be able to beat it next time.  The last two levels are still pretty tough, just frustrating enough that you feel like you accomplished something when you make it through.

• Like 1

mtg arena is fun as fuck. still technically in beta but it's pretty polished at this point. they've added friend matches now too so you don't just have to get stomped by randos who aren't afraid to p2w. i'll never put a dime of real money into it but it's fun regardless

• Like 1

shovel knight

2 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

shovel knight

Yeah where the fuck is that DLC?