IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

is that ghosts and goblins or one of it's sequels or spinoffs maybe? Since it's an end screen, could be a cinematic.

No... I think it was a game starring a guy in a suit of armour (not G&G), but the damn name escapes me!

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Picked up Gato Roboto for $1, it's pretty fun.  Agree the jumping needs work though.  I do love these monochromatic Gameboy-looking indie games.

How'd you get it for a buck? On the Switch, or PC?

37 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

No... I think it was a game starring a guy in a suit of armour (not G&G), but the damn name escapes me!

How'd you get it for a buck? On the Switch, or PC?

Yeah, used my gold coins on Switch

• Like 1

Screen_Shot_2019_06_04_at_9.00.55_AM.jpg

Sega is going the extra mile with its Sega Genesis Mini. On Tuesday, the company announced 12 more games for the retro console — including unexpected bonuses Tetris and Darius — bringing the total number of titles on the Sega Genesis Mini to 42, two more than originally promised.

In an even bolder move, Sega revealed that it’s releasing a handful of accessories for the Genesis Mini: recreations of the Sega CD, Sega 32X, and a Sonic the Hedgehog cartridge. All of these can stack to recreate the infamous “Sega Tower of Power,” only on a more diminutive scale.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/4/18652108/sega-genesis-mini-mega-drive-tower-price

Just now, Nebraska said:

I was also excited to see they added the ultra-rare Sega version of Tetris to the lineup!

Fun Fact: I had a knockoff Megadrive cart of this back in the 90's - found it in Los Angeles in a game shop and being a Tetris nut I was amazed to find out Sega had a version of Tetris (first in the arcade, then ported to the MD and then quickly cancelled (rumour has it only around 10 legit copies exist worldwide of the official release)).

Here is my knockoff copy and the legit release:

Image result for tetris mega drive

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I wonder if Sega is going to go the extra mile and use emulator code illegally too…

They can't do any worse than Sony did with the abysmal Playstation mini...

Then again, this is Sega we're talking about...

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

They can't do any worse than Sony did with the abysmal Playstation mini...

Then again, this is Sega we're talking about...

This is what I'm saying…

2 hours ago, oscillik said:

This is what I'm saying…

RE: Tetris - turns out this is NOT the Mega Drive version, but a remake of the arcade version. There's also some controversy surrounding the version of Darius on it (apparently, Darius never came out for the Mega Drive as at the time it would have required a 32mB ROM, which would have made it ridiculously expensive back then) as some are claiming it is a fan-made version by Hidecade even though Sega is insisting M2 did the port duties.

In other news, there's the latest trailer for the Soulsvania-like game Blasphemous:

FPGA MiSTer sega genesis core just got updated with support for SVP chip. i can finally play Virtua Racing with low latency hdmi out and damn near console accuracy ?

12 hours ago, bitchroast said:

FPGA MiSTer sega genesis core just got updated with support for SVP chip. i can finally play Virtua Racing with low latency hdmi out and damn near console accuracy ?

The Switch port of Virtua Racing is said to be the best (yes, I know that's not the point when you're using a MISTer)

I hope the 4 player online co-op in Pokémon works better than it does in Mario Tennis Aces.  You can sit in a lobby forever waiting, and then someone usually drops their connection during gameplay anyway.

IMG_4808.PNG

16 hours ago, Joyrex said:

The Switch port of Virtua Racing is said to be the best (yes, I know that's not the point when you're using a MISTer)

i looked at videos of that Switch version and for whatever reason, the work they did to the game just makes it look real disorientating and makes me feel sick. 

Google's Stadia livestream is going on now - so far:

$9.99USD/month for a Stadia Pro subscription

Games will also be for purchase (are you really buying it, though?)

Requires minimum 10mbit down/1mbit up (I have a hard time believing they will deliver 4K HDR @ 60 at this speed)

The 1080p service will be free, so I doubt it will be dead on arrival.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Google's Stadia livestream is going on now - so far:

$9.99USD/month for a Stadia Pro subscription

Games will also be for purchase (are you really buying it, though?)

Requires minimum 10mbit down/1mbit up (I have a hard time believing they will deliver 4K HDR @ 60 at this speed)

they did say 4K@60FPS requires *at least* 35mbps. I have fiber internet at home and am absolutely not interested in this, already have enough of a problem buying digital games that run out after 10 years

• Thanks 1

Yeah, buying games for a live service that might not be around for long is not something I'd be interested in, but I think there's probably a market for it.