IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

It's totally going to be pushed back at least twice, but it's cool that they think it's almost ready to come out.

honestly going to cop a ps4 just to play this, possibly the only game I've been hyped for since the last deus ex.

3 hours ago, oscillik said:

It's totally going to be pushed back at least twice, but it's cool that they think it's almost ready to come out.

2020 release date doesn't seem far fetched, does it?

Another great thing about 2077 is that CD Projekt Red pretty much gave Epic the cold shoulder in terms of PC platform. But as awesome as the game looks, I'm worried that it won't run on my aging laptop. Already had that problem with Rage 2 nearly a month ago.

10 hours ago, StephenG said:

2020 release date doesn't seem far fetched, does it?

I'd say it'll be delayed once or twice. It's way too early for them to be able to set a concrete release date. I would be very surprised if it goes gold in time for that release date.

Also……:

FUCKING YES DOOM ETERNAL. But fucking christ, since when did AAA games on PC cost as much as console games on release? £50 for Cybperpunk 2077 and £50 for DOOM Eternal (£75 if you want the special edition with access to the first year of DLC).

Sony and Microsoft xbox also coming out with game streaming options, alongside Google Stadia, is something i had completely not even taken consideration earlier. maybe google stadia *IS* dead on arrival. MAYBE. 

2 hours ago, oscillik said:

I'd say it'll be delayed once or twice. It's way too early for them to be able to set a concrete release date. I would be very surprised if it goes gold in time for that release date.

Also……:

FUCKING YES DOOM ETERNAL. But fucking christ, since when did AAA games on PC cost as much as console games on release? £50 for Cybperpunk 2077 and £50 for DOOM Eternal (£75 if you want the special edition with access to the first year of DLC).

I wouldn't doubt it - you're probably right. I'm still pretty hyped though, looks like it's going to be great.

This is going to be a great year IMO - DOOM Eternal... Borderlands 3 on my radar too.

16 hours ago, Stock said:

That Xbox E3 conference was cool... I'm most hyped for the incoming From Software x George RR Martin game (yes)

It's a curiously-named title, considering From's first PS2 RPG was Eternal Ring - I really liked that as it continued the King's Field (precursor to Demon/Dark Souls) style gameplay with an interesting ring mechanic.

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

I wouldn't doubt it - you're probably right. I'm still pretty hyped though, looks like it's going to be great.

This is going to be a great year IMO - DOOM Eternal... Borderlands 3 on my radar too.

Doom Eternal out Nov 22nd it looks like. But I'll more than likely need a new gaming rig first.

Borderlands 3 I'll wait til next April for when it's out on Steam, because Epic can eat smegma. In the meantime, new Cmdr. Lilith DLC for BL2 just came out.

(Do I really want to slide back down the gaming rabbit hole tho...)

18 hours ago, Stock said:

That Xbox E3 conference was cool... I'm most hyped for the incoming From Software x George RR Martin game (yes)

Is this based on a book he wrote? 

I didn't know this was a thing, Vitual Novel games? But this Doki Doki Literature Club https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club! popped up on my steam rec list. It was described as horror, not suitable for minors etc, yet it had this totally candy coated cutesy Anime look. Was surprised at how much it drew me in. You are invited by a kooky female friend to join a literature club with 3 other girls, and get to know them from a series of flirtatious conversations. You can impress them by picking words that correspond to a specific girls' personality traits when choosing words to make your own poem. It gradually gets into dark psychological territory and the ending I reached was depressing to put it mildly. I wouldn't mind trying out some more of this type of text based games, kinda nice to have a little collapsable story window to dip into now and then. Found this one which looks p interesting https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Dark  

• Like 1

I didn't know this was a thing, Vitual Novel games? But this Doki Doki Literature Club 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club! popped up on my steam rec list. It was described as horror, not suitable for minors etc, yet it had this totally candy coated cutesy Anime look. Was surprised at how much it drew me in. You are invited by a kooky female friend to join a literature club with 3 other girls, and get to know them from a series of flirtatious conversations. You can impress them by picking words that correspond to a specific girls' personality traits when choosing words to make your own poem. It gradually gets into dark psychological territory and the ending I reached was depressing to put it mildly. I wouldn't mind trying out some more of this type of text based games, kinda nice to have a little collapsable story window to dip into now and then. Found this one which looks p interesting https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Dark 

Steins;Gate is often recommended as being the best visual novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steins;Gate

VA-11 HALL-A is another nice one, where you play as a bartender in a Cyberpunk future, that has a PC-XX graphics style.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VA-11_HALL-A

Edited by ManjuShri

Party foul on Pokémon, monsters that don't appear in the new Switch games can't be imported from Pokémon Home?  That's gonna route the competitive scene, and probly turn off older players with huge collections of Pokes.

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Party foul on Pokémon, monsters that don't appear in the new Switch games can't be imported from Pokémon Home?  That's gonna route the competitive scene, and probly turn off older players with huge collections of Pokes.

Makes sense if you think about it - they'd have to make new/update 3D models of EVERY Pokemon that's ever existed to support that...

On 6/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, o00o said:

Is this based on a book he wrote? 

naw, according to an interview, Miyazaki came up with the idea for the game and then reached out to Martin to ask if he wanted to participate in some way, to which Martin 'helped fill out the world and add in stuff' basically. i didn't even see anything saying Martin 'wrote' a damned thing, i figured maybe he'd be doing some of the dialogue or something, as that's likely where Miyazaki/From could use the most help from someone like Martin? wasn't said if so, may be stuff they'll reveal later (Miyazaki did seem cagey about details as usual)

but basically, it looks like Dark Souls. which is fine by me. :D