IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Makes sense if you think about it - they'd have to make new/update 3D models of EVERY Pokemon that's ever existed to support that...

Time was the important factor, it has to be finished by November.  But there's an understandable backlash brewing on reddit, etc. that no doubt Game Freak will notice.  I expect an update eventually, or more Switch sequels with older Pokémon included.  There's no point in sending Pokes to the Home app from Bank if they're just stuck there forever, and you're paying a fee to do that.

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons looks great (knew it would get delayed into 2020):

Agreed. I'm gonna be geeking out on this.

20 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I see another Ouya…

this thing has had troubled progress since it was announced. there was incidents of them showing it off at trade shows, and the thing was essentially an empty casing with PC running emulator insides or something really bizarre. and the press person was asking questions and the people were really deflective and unable to give any concrete details to any of the questions. and then when the video was being shared around, the atari people were issueing take downs and started spreading bullshit garbage talk on the internet calling the press liars and just going off on weird tangents. cbf looking it up but the vibe of this project from the start has been really stinky and mismanaged and bad looking. 

as far as i can tell, atari is atm just a name that gets sold and bought around.. and has nothing to do with 'atari' atari. just people releasing an ouya piece of crap with the atari branding. 

Completed Void Bastards. I think I'm about 10% thru Gato Roboto now. So I'm gonna make that my gaming priority for the time being.

The more I think about whether to buy a new rig for next big AAA titles though, the more it seems like a waste. Maybe I should learn some new music software instead. Or try rock climbing.

10 hours ago, yekker said:

This is a thing

never had or even knew anyone with a turbo grafx 16 so this is one of those i'll probably skip. i really wanted to get the neo geo mini but instead of making it look like a neo geo they made it look like a miniature arcade cabinet. what the hell were they thinking? why was it so difficult to just make a miniature aes?

in other news, i'm getting more and more excited for the genesis mini- not so sure about the extra pieces of plastic though i guess it's a nice touch

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

never had or even knew anyone with a turbo grafx 16 so this is one of those i'll probably skip. i really wanted to get the neo geo mini but instead of making it look like a neo geo they made it look like a miniature arcade cabinet. what the hell were they thinking? why was it so difficult to just make a miniature aes?

in other news, i'm getting more and more excited for the genesis mini- not so sure about the extra pieces of plastic though i guess it's a nice touch

I think a part of making it like a mini Japanese-style arcade cabinet was to differentiate it from the NEO·GEO X put out previously which was horrible.

11 hours ago, bitchroast said:

this thing has had troubled progress since it was announced. there was incidents of them showing it off at trade shows, and the thing was essentially an empty casing with PC running emulator insides or something really bizarre. and the press person was asking questions and the people were really deflective and unable to give any concrete details to any of the questions. and then when the video was being shared around, the atari people were issueing take downs and started spreading bullshit garbage talk on the internet calling the press liars and just going off on weird tangents. cbf looking it up but the vibe of this project from the start has been really stinky and mismanaged and bad looking. 

as far as i can tell, atari is atm just a name that gets sold and bought around.. and has nothing to do with 'atari' atari. just people releasing an ouya piece of crap with the atari branding. 

Yeah, Atari is just a name these days - any semblance to the company from the 70's and 80's is long gone (and one could argue the Trammel bros. were responsible for killing off Atari long before it got bought and sold repeatedly).

And $249.00 USD for that? That's absurd.

6 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I think a part of making it like a mini Japanese-style arcade cabinet was to differentiate it from the NEO·GEO X put out previously which was horrible.

but the neo geo x wasn't miniature sized and basically was just an empty shell of an aes that hid the neo geo pocket when you plugged it to the tv. i think my problem with the neo geo mini being in arcade style is that it just doesn't look comfortable playing games on such a small cabinet, while also looking awkward when plugged into a television.

Just now, Nebraska said:

but the neo geo x wasn't miniature sized and basically was just an empty shell of an aes that hid the neo geo pocket when you plugged it to the tv. i think my problem with the neo geo mini being in arcade style is that it just doesn't look comfortable playing games on such a small cabinet, while also looking awkward when plugged into a television.

I had one, and no, it's not comfortable at all. Purely a gimmick, and as I said, probably to separate it from the NGX.

My biggest issue with the NG Mini was the games selection, and how the US release had different games than the Japanese release, despite the titles having come out in both regions. It's not like they couldn't have fit the entire AES/MVS library on there, but I guess that would preclude them selling limited-edition ones like they are now:

Image result for samurai shodown neo geo mini

those cabinets remind me of the arcade keychains with old games like space invaders and pacman etc. they work better as decoration pieces but aren't practical to use as a gaming device

furyzmqwfxyzhpnjfkls.jpg

21 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I had one, and no, it's not comfortable at all. Purely a gimmick, and as I said, probably to separate it from the NGX.

My biggest issue with the NG Mini was the games selection, and how the US release had different games than the Japanese release, despite the titles having come out in both regions. It's not like they couldn't have fit the entire AES/MVS library on there, but I guess that would preclude them selling limited-edition ones like they are now:

Image result for samurai shodown neo geo mini

The controllers were crap too, right?

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

those cabinets remind me of the arcade keychains with old games like space invaders and pacman etc. they work better as decoration pieces but aren't practical to use as a gaming device

furyzmqwfxyzhpnjfkls.jpg

Or 

71UpyFQpVsL._SY550_.jpg

I have ms pacman and qbert

2 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

One of my all time favorite games of the last years. Love it. 

Fangamer boned the physical release, these carts only have 3/4 of the DLC, requiring a 1.8gb download.  They're pressing up corrected carts but they won't be available til August.

17 hours ago, bitchroast said:

Also, their site has a few things that are broken. This standard wordpress-type site is literally the easiest thing to do regarding the product.

umm really hoping they don't fuck up something as simple as not having a boarder/screen around the game play like they have in this demo.

also, loved how the suit asked that "associate localization producer" how they selected the games and he tried a generic "a lot of thought went into that" then failed and admitted he had no idea why they selected what they did. wonder why he just couldn't admit he had no idea in the first place. 

43 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

umm really hoping they don't fuck up something as simple as not having a boarder/screen around the game play like they have in this demo.

ive only played the snes mini but it has border around the gameplay so that the games are presented in original aspect ratio.  on the snes mini it was a rather distracting red curtain.  I dont own one but imagine that in both cases you can turn them off to just have black on the sides