IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

1 hour ago, bitchroast said:

the wait for Super Mario Maker 2 is killing me. 

truly going to be the best game of all time ... 

I'm not lying, when I bought the first one for wii u the disc stayed in the system for over a year. That's all I played, lol. :crazy:

Amid Evil is now complete with all 7 episodes. I left off on Ep. 5 back in December. Might be time to jump back on.

And Ion Maiden is supposed to be finished any day now. The official 3D Realms site said Q2. But it's almost July. Hurry tf up Void Point.
Then again, I hope the lawsuit from Iron Maiden (really) didn't hamper their progress..

Mario maker level creating is damn near impossible on the switch without a stylus.

come on pre-order physical item Limited Edition Super Mario Maker 2 Stylus... come in the mail already!!!

I loved Super Mario Maker on Wii U and yet I'm really not hyped for SMM2 on Switch. I don't know why, maybe it's because I clearly won't have the time to create levels as much as I want to ?

On 6/26/2019 at 12:28 AM, Rubin Farr said:

I'm trying the Japanese ver. of Castlevania III

had to use savestates on the last three levels but i beat it and immediately bought bloodstained. shame it plays really well but it looks awful. i take so many hits from not being able to differentiate enemy hitboxes and projectiles from the environment. maybe i'm just getting old

1 hour ago, juiceciuj said:

had to use savestates on the last three levels but i beat it and immediately bought bloodstained. shame it plays really well but it looks awful. i take so many hits from not being able to differentiate enemy hitboxes and projectiles from the environment. maybe i'm just getting old

Do u have Curse of the Moon?  It's the better of the Bloodstained games imo.

yeah i beat it a while back. definitely enjoyed it. tried to do a no ally run but after like the second or third level without having an ally game got really hard. then i bought the castlevania collection ;O

Curse of the moon is a fun throwback and i'd probably recommend it to anyone looking for some castlevania flavoured nostalgia. But it also didn't hold my interest much. I found the visual style to be pretty lacking. A lot of the enemy designs just seemed either uninspired or just badly drawn and confusing to look at. Castlevania being so rooted in classic movie iconology goes a long way in easily identifying "oh, that's a werewolf man." "oh, that's a mummy." "oh, that's a fish man monster." and i just didn't get any of that from the bloodstained game. 

I've still never beaten Castlevania 1 and 3. So i'd much rather just replay one of those then return to Bloodstained i think.  

(( having said that, i am keen to getting around to checking out the new Bloodstained SOTN game. i'm sure it's totally fine and fun to play through. i think finding the balance in difficulty in 80s/NES style videogames is just a harder thing to pull off maybe))

omg you can "Boo/Unlike" levels in Mario Maker 2. this will probably help go a long way in making the playing random levels go a lot smoother in the long run (i imagine???). also funny how much the tutorial repeats the idea of "Don't make shit levels". 

Atari Flashback Classics on Switch has a lot of great retro 2600 titles, some I totally forgot about like Haunted House, etc.  A few titles are timeless; Pong, the Breakout games, Warlords, Asteroids, etc.  The arcade titles obviously look the best, and there are a few remakes I've never played before.  Two glaring omissions; they couldn't license Space Invaders, which was synonymous with Atari in the 70s, and they included Red Baron but not Battlezone?  Fail.  But 150 games for $40 is a pretty good steal, and including Space War, the first video game ever, is a little bit of gaming history.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, bitchroast said:

(( having said that, i am keen to getting around to checking out the new Bloodstained SOTN game. i'm sure it's totally fine and fun to play through. i think finding the balance in difficulty in 80s/NES style videogames is just a harder thing to pull off maybe))

You might want to wait if you were planning on getting the Switch version... loads of bugs and framerate issues

Currently my way though smm2 single player. great levels, addicted as heck and think i'll beat it soon.

Edited by yekker