IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I decided to give The Binding of Isaac a try since I've had it for a while now. 4 hours of play and I killed Mom! I was surprised at how it wasn't unbelievably difficult compared to Spelunky and FTL. I got to Mom on my third try!

Now try to beat the next boss with the Blue Baby. You're given three soul hearts at the start and any heart upgrades just turn into another soul heart.

This game can suck out so much of your spare time. Fun as hell, though, for sure.

If it weren't for the fact that Flash sucks donkey dicks and the game slows down to the point of being unplayable most of the time

I've never had an issue with lagging, but I also run it on a Mac mini that's maybe a year old.

I never had lag issues either. I'm running an amd phenom ii x4 965.

Started in on Destiny last night. I'm still not entirely sure how much content there's gonna be, since I only had time to play through the bits I'd already done in the beta, but I like it. I also recently finished the newest South Park game, and was surprised how much it grabbed me. I can highly recommend it.

Guest jasondonervan

BxNd7NhIUAAXZpG.jpg

Gave the Super Smash Bros. demo a bosh last night, it's lots of fun! Tempted to pick up the Japanese version (digital) on Saturday when it's released, get a 3 week lead-time on everyone before it arrives here in Oct... :cool:

so does anyone think that Minecraft will come to the Wii U ??

minecraft on console is considerably shittier than it is on PC.

why,no mouse?

Well, I haven't checked it in a year or so, but when I used to play on xbox360 there were numerous limitations you did not experience on PC. Most notably, the version was not the current PC version, the worlds were limited in size instead of perpetually generated, modding was limited and/or non-existent. Really the mods make the game. I've seen some unbelievable mod packs, and the extra limited base game for the console is just not nearly as entertaining. The mouse thing is nice too.

Guest bitroast

BxNd7NhIUAAXZpG.jpg

Gave the Super Smash Bros. demo a bosh last night, it's lots of fun! Tempted to pick up the Japanese version (digital) on Saturday when it's released, get a 3 week lead-time on everyone before it arrives here in Oct... :cool:

lol I had a glance at kotaku and saw a few links to live streams / twitter etc.

the internet is so sad these days. few people have the game and are streaming them playing it, occassionaly unlocking new characters, then everyone on twitter starts retweeting the news, gaming site (kotaku lol) then publishes the article.

can't have anything left a surprise these days it's fucking annoying.

*big thumbnail of mark Hamill next to star wars 7 logo* MARK HAMILL CONFIRMED, etc.

((odd irony is that this also digs into watmm a little bit. syro live tracks confirmed ,lol)

BxNd7NhIUAAXZpG.jpg

How easy is it to get a Japanese eShop account? Should I bother?

Guest jasondonervan

How easy is it to get a Japanese eShop account? Should I bother?

You need a Japanese 3DS

Aye, sorry - Nintendo and their archaic region locking practices. EU/US versions are out in 3 weeks.

Fucking Destiny man...

I both think it's really fun and a waste of time, if that makes any sense.

I mean the mechanics are rock solid and overall feel of the shooting is some of the best you can have in a shooter. And it's absolutely gorgeous.

But then there's the repetitiveness , the complete lack of any sort of interesting story, and the slightly boring lootsystem and RPG-elements. And the exploration is not something to write home about either. It's pretty clear that Bungie only has experience in making linear shooters, and not RPGs.

All that being said, I still think the game is fun to play, because of the FPS part of the game is just so good and refined.

But is it this groundbreaking and amazing game that it was promised to be?... Hell no.

I think that's why it's getting some quite bad reviews, because Bungie definitely has falled victim to overhyping their own game. But I wouldn't say it's a bad or even just average game... it's good, but ultimately a huge disappoint because of what was promised.

I can't believe this game took like 5-6 years to develop though, that's quite worrying. But also because of Halo: Reach, I think it's clear that Bungie is not this amazing and innovative studio anymore. There are other and better developers out there right now.

Edited by Npoess

i've been playing destiny for about 4 hours now and i keep returning to the same map (story missions). what's up with that? i hate starting a new missions and just being plonked down in the same familiar spot every time. makes me feel like im not making any progress. other than that im having fun with it, the FPS aspects of it are really, really good.

Guest jasondonervan

i've been playing destiny for about 4 hours now and i keep returning to the same map (story missions). what's up with that? i hate starting a new missions and just being plonked down in the same familiar spot every time. makes me feel like im not making any progress. other than that im having fun with it, the FPS aspects of it are really, really good.

MMO-lite, repetitiveness comes with the (limited) territory.

I think Destiny is best played with mates in co-op, otherwise it's quite a lonely trek playing it solo, even with the randoms showing up from time to time.

Super Smash Bros 3DS codes are going out to Club Nintendo members in US, I believe platinum members are getting them first.

Edit: jeez people are selling these codes for up to $100 each!

http://kotaku.com/wow-people-are-actually-trying-to-buy-smash-bros-demo-1634215477