19 hours ago, Berk said:

Late to the party but Dead Cells is like crack wtf

yup.

On 8/29/2024 at 7:19 AM, usagi said:

yup.

I actually finished my first run right now, on a very OP build flol

1 hour ago, Berk said:

i remember i finished my first thanks to the katana. ❤️ your journey has only just begun tho...

get serenade. it slays.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Berk said:

I still remember how good it felt on my first successful run. then I started adding Boss Cells lol. haven't touched the game since the last update but I tended to invest heavily in Tactics (Barbed Tips mutation) and use bows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, usagi said:

I still remember how good it felt on my first successful run. then I started adding Boss Cells lol. haven't touched the game since the last update but I tended to invest heavily in Tactics (Barbed Tips mutation) and use bows.

Yeah i think Hokuto's is supposed to be very efficient, never got into ranged DPS much tho, i mostly use Ice-Stuff in second hand for CC.

10 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

i remember i finished my first thanks to the katana. ❤️ your journey has only just begun tho...

get serenade. it slays.

OH and you might wanna try out Armadillopack for parrying while rolling! Never leave the house without it...

13 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

Yeah i think Hokuto's is supposed to be very efficient, never got into ranged DPS much tho, i mostly use Ice-Stuff in second hand for CC.

I never really got the hang of that one, I usually went for rapid-fire bows which worked pretty well with Barbed Tips.

Bought the Mafia trilogy on sale. A ways through the first one and enjoying it more than I'd expected. Excited to play 2, a bit less so for 3

• Like 1

Tactical Breach Wizards seems brilliant, I don't know how much time I'm gonna have for games in the near future but I'm hoping to spend a few more hours with it this weekend, big fan of his previous work with Gunpoint and Heat Signature and this one is looking very special so far.

Been playing a lot of Fallout 3 recently I love it sm

7 hours ago, usagi said:

forgot to mention I started Cyberpunk recently.

Been meaning to get on this for a while now heard the new expansion is good

On 8/31/2024 at 2:29 PM, usagi said:

forgot to mention I started Cyberpunk recently.

So did I on Dec 31 2023. Haven't touched it since.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

So did I on Dec 31 2023. Haven't touched it since.

on New Year's eve??

I'm really enjoying it. it took years of additional work to get there but I'm finding Night City really well realised as a chaotic, violent, futuristic sandbox in which to behave completely freely, whether that's as an amoral merc or as a kind of enforcer with a code. the city is huge and for as much of it as I've explored (which is probably like 30% at this point) it feels fleshed out and connected and seamless. it looks and sounds sexy. there are interesting characters and engaging storylines. yes, it's a little corny and almost dated in a weird way (the dystopian cyberpunk flavour it evokes is decades old at this point) but I can give that a pass easily. game's crashed a grand total of 1 time and the only glitch I've encountered in-game so far is a random NPC walking through a closed door. not bad after 40 hours of play.

currently I am riding around on Jackie's Arch (it feels really natural in first person view) hunting and non-lethally subduing cyberpsychos. prior to that I was riding around doing the Delamain missions where you track down rogue cars, which was a clever device for exposing the player to different parts of the city.

CD projekt red makes great side quests imo. Same with the Witcher 3. It makes up for the fact that the open world elements sometimes feel a bit limited (compared to Skyrim for example)

Edited by Berk

Beat Dead Island 2. Classic 3/5 game. It just kind of ended in the middle of the story. But I'm not getting the DLC to maybe finish it.

I started Nobody Wants to Die. It's pretty nice.

• Like 1

Just finished Animal Well, very good metroidvania with an awesome atmosphere. There are plenty of secrets to discover still, so I guess I am going to put a few more hours in this :gamer:

1 hour ago, Stock said:

Just finished Animal Well, very good metroidvania with an awesome atmosphere. There are plenty of secrets to discover still, so I guess I am going to put a few more hours in this :gamer:

I’m excited about trying that game 👍