IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

N++ is out on Steam now and it's amazing. I'm starting to get used to the (fairly weird) controls for the level editor and it's so much fun to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zJIaaTZhM

The orignial N+ was so good.

Many sessions of drinking and smoking and racing etc

Was feeling reluctant and frustrated with Deus Ex: MD at first, but now I'm at the point where things are legit starting to heat up in the game and really getting into it now. Had this annoying intermittent pause every few seconds on the streets of Prague for the past week with this game, but the NVidia driver update fixed it. Runs a lot smoother now.

It's also apparent that there are quite a few throwback elements to the original Ion Storm game as JC Denton. For example, the return of Biocells, Multitools, bipedal robots, TF29's resemblance to UNATCO, etc.

Time to take a break though. Gotta get some fresh air at my fave hiking spot one last time before fall...

Edited by ambermonk

Battlefield 1 open beta now up on PSN, XBL, and Origin.

yeah tried to hop on on PC but the servers were down all night :( I hear not great things though, but Dice are usually pretty good at listening to the players

It's also apparent that there are quite a few throwback elements to the original Ion Storm game as JC Denton. For example, the return of Biocells, Multitools, bipedal robots, TF29's resemblance to UNATCO, etc.

damn that really entices me to play, does it have a lot of the post economic collapse vibes and look of the original DX? there's something about the mix of high tech and low tech that always stuck with me as a great example of a cyberpunk world.

Edited by WeAreOceans

damn that really entices me to play, does it have a lot of the post economic collapse vibes and look of the original DX? there's something about the mix of high tech and low tech that always stuck with me as a great example of a cyberpunk world.

MD emphasizes on the apartheid theme between "naturals" and augmented people, with the latter typically being treated as a marginalized category, player included. There's definitely a near-future dystopian vibe, especially in regards to how increasingly militarized police treat augmented citizens. Also, as Perezvon mentioned earlier, the streets of Prague aren't unlike City 17 from HL2.

Guest bitroast

skimming over this nintendo direct. mention of skyward sword coming out on wii u store. 

ugh that game was such undeveloped trash. amazing fun game mechanics but 0 substance to keep it together. 

Guest bitroast

i sincerely hope nintendo capitalize on the bill trinen + reggie fils-aimé comedy duo. maybe nintendo's return to cinema could feature these two forefront and centre. 

miyamato and iwata comedy duo was also good but ... that ship has long sailed :'^( 

I was really underwhelmed by the Nintendo Direct - more rehashes, per usual. The only interesting game I saw was Endless Oasis, and that is so far off it will probably be ported to the NX (if the rumours of it being portable are true), as I really can't see the 3DS and NX co-existing for very long.

Guest bitroast

ye its mostly trash. most nintendo directs are tho... tbh

like, cool reveal here n there but its more an avenue to spam their clutter your way. there will def be more substancy game reveals come nx (..... surely.....)

It does appear however that they've turned Sonic into a reskin of a Tony Hawk game (or maybe Trackmania!)

dude, have you played alot of the sonic games ? not the old ones but lots of them feel like tony hawk games . it's kinda said because 2d sonic was so great.

It does appear however that they've turned Sonic into a reskin of a Tony Hawk game (or maybe Trackmania!)

dude, have you played alot of the sonic games ? not the old ones but lots of them feel like tony hawk games . it's kinda said because 2d sonic was so great.

The only 'new gen' sonic I've played is Sonic Generations but the 2D felt just weird and the 3D was a mess of angles. Hell I found Sonic 3 a little too much with all the crazy shields and swinging and climbing and stuff - 1&2 are the only ones I can tackle ...

The only 'new gen' sonic I've played is Sonic Generations but the 2D felt just weird and the 3D was a mess of angles. Hell I found Sonic 3 a little too much with all the crazy shields and swinging and climbing and stuff - 1&2 are the only ones I can tackle ...

i'm kinda with you regarding 1 and 2. 1 is my fave.