IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

this Switch thing looks fun, but tbh my hands hurt just from looking at the controllers

Yeah hopefully (and you know they will, it's Nintendo after all) they'll feel better than they look from the promo. Flashbacks to this cheap-feeling shocker:

nexusae0_Ouya-Controller-1.jpg

Guest bitroast

suggesting the nx will feel have any semblance to ouya in quality is an insult !!! > = Oooo

Edited by bitroast

Oh no - like I say it's nintendo and they know build quality - just when they slid off the handles my brain remembered the cheap plastic when I tried out the ouyabastard

tbh I don't have a ton of experience with current gen controllers, or anything modern from Nintendo besides 3DS. But I do know that it's near impossible for me to play 3DS games, my left thumb starts aching after about 15 minutes...

Looks like the Nvidia shield tablet + clever controllers. Seems Nintendo is always one generation behind on the graphics, not that graphics are that important, but still... I don't know. I want to like it. It's ok I guess.

why does everything nintendo does have to involve gimmicky nonsense?

make a fucking small computer that goes in the living. make good games. viola.

fucking hell

ya i have pretty small hands but i get really bad cramps on a regular n3ds after like 5 minutes. dunno how they screwed up the ergo so bad on it because i used to play my dslite for hours at a time

Guest bitroast

why does everything nintendo does have to involve gimmicky nonsense?

make a fucking small computer that goes in the living. make good games. viola.

fucking hell

i think cos they understand making a small computer that goes in the living room = direct competition with PS4/XBOX/PC. 

if you want a a PS4, or an XBOX, or a PC.. get a PS4, XBOX, or PC. 

nintendo target the more widespread casual audience. that means keeping price low and affordable. 

they also want their systems to be 'fun', and obviously not focusing on high spec graphics ( ie. making the systems unaffordable ) means they have to go some other route in making the systems unique, interesting and fun. 

it's not always the most agreeable tactic. but its what they do. 

Guest bitroast

Oh no - like I say it's nintendo and they know build quality - just when they slid off the handles my brain remembered the cheap plastic when I tried out the ouyabastard

hehe. 

i watched this recently ( and a bit of this (2nd vid) ) and holy shit that bastard mess was a complete MESS. 

i can't even imagine how it'd feel to be a major backer of the Ouya. what a piece of shit that was

i was hoping the NX/Switch was going to be a dedicated home console rather than a hybrid home/handheld, but that video put me at ease as it looks like a full home console, just with added portability. it takes the idea of off-TV play from the Wii U and improved on it massively (which is already a great idea and something i use a lot).

i wouldn't worry about having to use the tablet controller, the regular controller got plenty of screen time in the trailer so i'm hoping/thinking it'll be included with the console.

Edited by QQQ

I don't know. I fully support their concept here. Interested to see how it pans out.

Pisses me off to no end that 99% the games I bought on PS3 and PS4 on the PSN aren't crossplay with my vita. I already paid for the goddamn content, and you want me to pay again to use it on a different Sony branded console I also paid for?

Ripoff.

Guest bitroast

but how will i super mario make !!! :^( 

the whole split screen system i don't think worked very well for the Wii u in any real practical sense. take Legend of zelda, which i think was a pretty good application of the touch screen, using the wii u gamepad to manage inventory. but even then, the constant action of looking at the tv screen + looking down at the gamepad does nothing but put a strain on your neck + split your attention across two screens ??? it's a nice idea and i do wish more games explored the open playing field a bit better ... but nothing really ever did anything that benefited from the split screen layout. 

I don't know. I fully support their concept here. Interested to see how it pans out.

Pisses me off to no end that 99% the games I bought on PS3 and PS4 on the PSN aren't crossplay with my vita. I already paid for the goddamn content, and you want me to pay again to use it on a different Sony branded console I also paid for?

Ripoff.

the vita was a massive disappointment. the initia release promising triple AAA experiences with wipeout + uncharted + killzone etc. and just doing absolutely NOTHING to expand on that idea. i still enjoyed the system (primarily for the odd indie games that came out), but its clear that sony lost all interest in that thing when the userbase wasn't what they were expecting.  **OH FUCK THIS THING SUCKS, KILL IT WITH FIREEE****

Yeah, huge disappointment. I think the vita itself was a quality system, good quality screen, feels good in my hands, buttons etc are the right distance apart.

But the titles released were largely a huge flop. I think I could probably live with it if all the ps1/ps2 etc classics I bought on PSN worked on the vita? At least I'd have that.

Guest bitroast

agreed. it's an amazingly solid product. all these broken promises .. will be lost in time .. like farts in the wind .. time ... to die .. 

playstation-vita-09-26-15-1.jpg

omg i must've zoned off or alt tabbed cos i completely missed the new mario footage !!! triple jump fluid mario 64 movement + over the shoulder camera scheme !!!

If it has a HDMI port, would make it pretty nice to carry a cable + plug into whatever monitor / tele is available.

But I am curious / interested, might buy day one purely for old times sake (the only console I've ever bought day one was the Wii and that was because it was cheap. Ah, nostalgia...)

omg. 

given that wii u didn't sell super well and userbase was made up of either BIG NINTENDO FANS, or simple people choosing to believe in the wii u and invest in it, expecting people to rebuy the wii u games is going to be a massive FUCK YOU to the nintendo fanbase lololol

Nintendo make you rebuy their games yearly, how is this any different? lol

If it has a HDMI port, would make it pretty nice to carry a cable + plug into whatever monitor / tele is available.

But I am curious / interested, might buy day one purely for old times sake (the only console I've ever bought day one was the Wii and that was because it was cheap. Ah, nostalgia...)

omg. 

given that wii u didn't sell super well and userbase was made up of either BIG NINTENDO FANS, or simple people choosing to believe in the wii u and invest in it, expecting people to rebuy the wii u games is going to be a massive FUCK YOU to the nintendo fanbase lololol

Nintendo make you rebuy their games yearly, how is this any different? lol

yeah, also as far as splatoon goes, judging by that video it will be new (different hair styles)

Edited by yek

I can see an extended battery pack for sale, like the Wii U, even a 3rd party external pack would make plane trips doable. Man, thinking of playing shit like Pikmin 3, or wireless Splatoon multiplayer would kick ass. They could promote it as a social platform, link to a fellow traveler, or have meet ups for multiplayer. I'm sure it will have very novel mobile capabilities, they said it could exploit tablet or mobile phone tech, and the NFC possibilities are endless. Being a frequent traveler, I feel like the target market for this console. And the Virtual Console...damn, playing Rogue Leader, or Animal Crossing, Mario Maker on the go in near HD or maybe full HD if they can swing it. Maybe it can come with a few Amiibo cards for built in apps and show what is possible with those. Do we think it has a camera? I can even see buying an extra dock, and maybe keeping it at my Mom's house for when I visit, and my nephew and brother could bring their unit for the same. If the dock is the cheaper part of the bundle, that could be marketed as a possibility.

Here's a pic from GoNintendo, I'm thinking the NFC scanner is right in the middle of the pad.

5A29D932-C291-476E-B61C-50B8192C5ACC_zps