IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Dude, the new Mario is fookin shweet

yes!

haven’t had actual good times playing video games in a long time but this Mario does it. Fun around literally every corner.

I also love that this game doesn’t pull you into some kind of collect-craving, at least it doesn’t do that with me... after an hour or so I feel like putting it down, and picking it up again is just enjoyable. Love it!

yes!

haven’t had actual good times playing video games in a long time but this Mario does it. Fun around literally every corner.

I also love that this game doesn’t pull you into some kind of collect-craving, at least it doesn’t do that with me... after an hour or so I feel like putting it down, and picking it up again is just enjoyable. Love it!

Agreed, I don't have time to play really involved, convoluted games anymore. Mario is great to just pop on for a little while and have mindless fun, and the controls are super tight 

yes!

Agreed, I don't have time to play really involved, convoluted games anymore. Mario is great to just pop on for a little while and have mindless fun, and the controls are super tight 

Sometimes I'm having trouble doing precise jumps, like on the tops of trees.  I guess I'm used to the old Mario 64 camera system, but as you pan the right stick down, the camera somewhat zooms in, correct?

I'm playing assassin's creed unity? Wtf.

I haven't touched AssCreed since Revelations. is it not completely creatively dead by now?

It is, and this is probably the worst AC game of them all. I need help.

yes!

Sometimes I'm having trouble doing precise jumps, like on the tops of trees.  I guess I'm used to the old Mario 64 camera system, but as you pan the right stick down, the camera somewhat zooms in, correct?

I think if you pan around to look in front of mario then it automatically zooms in. I haven't had a problem with the camera yet, although I don't use motion controls at all so I might not be trying the harder jumps you are talking about?

I'm playing assassin's creed unity? Wtf.

I haven't touched AssCreed since Revelations. is it not completely creatively dead by now?

It is, and this is probably the worst AC game of them all. I need help.

Really? I've been hearing the complete opposite - actually having some polish and shine added, combat is actually a challenge instead of counter fighting all the time. What don't you like about it? (Only placed AC1 and 2 fwiw)

Currently playing Super Mario Odyssey! Absolutely brilliant game. I find myself smiling or laughing a lot when playing because it's so full of joy. I love Mario games so much :)

After I'm done with Odyssey, I'm going to go back and continue Zelda: Breath of the Wild.... For me, this is probably Game of the Year. I haven't had as much fun with another game this year (Mario might overtake it by the end, as it is very close....). I haven't played the main story so much because I can't get enough of exploring the world. Nintendo really outdid themselves this year. Persona 5 is probably the only game that comes close to either of these two masterpieces, but I haven't actually played a whole lot this year.

Meanwhile, my Final Fantasy XV still hasn't even been opened, and I've had it since day 1 last year.

Ah shit right, Origins is the recent one right? Unity must of been the wake up call (though there was that London one after too I think)

The London one was pretty okay. It was too far into development for them to scrap it when Unity tanked but ye, Unity was the primary reason they skipped 2016. Origins is supposed to be pretty sweet from what I've read.

Currently playing Super Mario Odyssey! Absolutely brilliant game. I find myself smiling or laughing a lot when playing because it's so full of joy. I love Mario games so much :)

After I'm done with Odyssey, I'm going to go back and continue Zelda: Breath of the Wild.... For me, this is probably Game of the Year. I haven't had as much fun with another game this year (Mario might overtake it by the end, as it is very close....). I haven't played the main story so much because I can't get enough of exploring the world. Nintendo really outdid themselves this year. Persona 5 is probably the only game that comes close to either of these two masterpieces, but I haven't actually played a whole lot this year.

Meanwhile, my Final Fantasy XV still hasn't even been opened, and I've had it since day 1 last year.

I think I've long forgotten what joy is, but SMO does look lovely. Still on the fence about getting a Switch but that and BotW are certainly tempting me.

I've actually been playing Stardew Valley on the PC again for some wholesome fun, I forget how addictive it can be.

Ah shit right, Origins is the recent one right? Unity must of been the wake up call (though there was that London one after too I think)

The London one was pretty okay. It was too far into development for them to scrap it when Unity tanked but ye, Unity was the primary reason they skipped 2016. Origins is supposed to be pretty sweet from what I've read.

Ah that's right, got confused!

I'm just happy to hear that Nintendo is a major factor again. Post-64 the whole PS vs XB thing basically devolved into a war of who had the more coveted exclusive games on two systems that had pretty similar ambitions and aesthetics. I want to get a switch on black friday.

A watmm teamed Splatoon 2 match would be cool, but we all seem to be in different time zones.  And it won't work with NAT type D, as I found out.  I have to use mobile hotspot to get a multiplayer connection on Switch.

I just got my Xbox One X and so far I'm... I'm just downloading patches.

BUT! When I hooked it up, I went into settings, and had a look at the output settings and to my surprise it read, "Yeah, your TV doesn't support HDR. Suckit!". I recently bought a new 4k HDR TV so I was a bit surprised by this. So it turns out you have to go into your TVs input settings and enable "ENHANCED 4K EXPERIENCE" on one or two of your HDMI ports. Man, being a smart TV owner reminds me of a owning a PC back in the late 90s...

BUT! When I hooked it up, I went into settings, and had a look at the output settings and to my surprise it read, "Yeah, your TV doesn't support HDR. Suckit!". I recently bought a new 4k HDR TV so I was a bit surprised by this. So it turns out you have to go into your TVs input settings and enable "ENHANCED 4K EXPERIENCE" on one or two of your HDMI ports. Man, being a smart TV owner reminds me of a owning a PC back in the late 90s...

Get an external HDD for that puppy - most "enhanced" XBONE games are clocking in around 100GB!

Get an external HDD for that puppy - most "enhanced" XBONE games are clocking in around 100GB!

I have one ready ;)