IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

i'm into Torchlight II at the moment. haven't had this kind of excitement since Serious Sam, never overwhelming but often the screen is FILLED with creeps, loot, ballistics, explosion, all at a 100+ FPS framerate. SUCH a solid game, the release date was delayed a lot but it plays like it's tweaked to perfection. best in it's genre imo but i don't rate diablo III that highly.

spot on on the serious sam comparison ! it's exactly the vibe im getting from it, especially with 6 players it's just complete insanity and sensory overload, though higher difficulty levels do require some more careful play.

im planning to play the fuck out of this shit on weekend, hook me up on steam if you're up, and other watmmers who mentioned it too.

im "evgenetic" on steam.

i haven't bought it (yet). i finished the campaign (veteran, outlander w/shotgun) and tbh after act 2 i was dissappointed by how little the game expanded. it kind of fizzled out like Torchlight 1 with not much incentive for the post-game except for maybe trying out a new character build. time to check out co-op.

Skullgirls is either really hard or I really suck at fighting games.

Its hard. I'm all right with fighting games, particularly good with MK. I picked up Skullgirls the moment it came out and did my best to main a solo Peacock, which was a bad idea in of itself. Combos are long winded, too many button presses with stringent timing. Good players can 100% you at times or just corner trap easily which is a bit of a turn off. I liked the game though; a really well made fighter overall. Seems like it's too late to get back into it, I would imagine anyone still playing that game has mastered it.

I just got hold of Fifa 13 yesterday. I was already getting annoyed at my lack of ability to take people on. I never really had this problem previously but it just seems a lot harder to do. I'm sure I'll get into it I just need more practice. I do enjoy the tackling in it though. You can get much better tackles made than in previous games.

Guest Iain C

Its hard. I'm all right with fighting games, particularly good with MK. I picked up Skullgirls the moment it came out and did my best to main a solo Peacock, which was a bad idea in of itself. Combos are long winded, too many button presses with stringent timing. Good players can 100% you at times or just corner trap easily which is a bit of a turn off. I liked the game though; a really well made fighter overall. Seems like it's too late to get back into it, I would imagine anyone still playing that game has mastered it.

Probably the game sucks. Why anybody plays any beat-em-ups that aren't Street Fighter games is beyond me. They are literally the only well-balanced, non-ganky fighting games where skill is what actually determines the outcome of a match.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Probably the game sucks. Why anybody plays any beat-em-ups that aren't Street Fighter games is beyond me. They are literally the only well-balanced, non-ganky fighting games where skill is what actually determines the outcome of a match.

you obviously never played guilty gear. it blows street fighter out of the water. Street fighter is still a great game, but GG is probably the best fighter of all. simply based on what you say, you can't beat GG by button mashing. its impossible. if you don't know the combinations then youre screwed.

So after hearing a bunch of stuff about Spec Ops: The Line I decided to pick it up on the PC. Gotta tell you, well worth a play! It's dead short at around 6 hours, but the story is well worth picking the game up for. Probably best story in a game this year.

The shooting mechanics are pretty good too, it's definitely a very playable game, though these shooters are usually well polished. So yeah, try it out and experience a soldiers journey into madness ala Heart of Darkness. Lovely satire on modern grimdark shooters.

I give it a solid 8 out of 10. The story making up most of that score.

I'm about one hour into the JUST-released X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

So far I'm impressed. Fireaxis did a good job of realizing the same style of tactical interface as the MicroProse original, whilst bringing the quality of the new game on par with today's industry standards.

I understand that fans in Europe have to wait another three days though, which is lame. I promise not to give away spoilers in the meantime.

i was very close to buying it, but:

*destructible environments are nothing like xcom apocalypse/silent strom - that's not how you supposed to do things in 2012

*no proper inventory

*no tactical map (at least in the demo)

*consolized interface

all those very realized very well in previous xcoms, especially in apocalypse, and they promised they didn't dumb anything down but they did. all they had to do is build a new engine over older xcom and not release it for consoles. im pirating this shit.

Guest Frankie5fingers

but GG is probably the best fighter of all.

It's good, but really no.

well that may have been an overstatement. but its mechanics are still better than Street Fighter.

but GG is probably the best fighter of all.

It's good, but really no.

well that may have been an overstatement. but its mechanics are still better than Street Fighter.

Depends on the version, and mainly no.

(IMHO lulz :cisfor: )

haven't started playing it yet but McPixel looks fun as shit!

http://mcpixel.net/#

Erm, what the hell is it - from the trailer it makes it look like an update to Custer's Revenge. Though I'm thinking there's more to it than that ...

In the "about" section is says: "185 BMP mindblowing music".

yes BMP haha