IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

holy shit i bought toejam & earl on the psn. reliving some great memories. the music is so good. games used to be harder

i also am going to buy either soviet strike or jungle strike. loved desert strike so much, didnt even know it was part of a 5 series game. unfortunately desert strike is not on the psn :( can anyone recommend which is better?

RE4 was so good. RE5 was all cut scenes and pressing square at the exact moment 100 times in a row. i couldn't finish it i was so frustrated. not even going to give RE6 a chance

holy shit i bought toejam & earl on the psn. reliving some great memories. the music is so good. games used to be harder

i also am going to buy either soviet strike or jungle strike. loved desert strike so much, didnt even know it was part of a 5 series game. unfortunately desert strike is not on the psn :( can anyone recommend which is better?

Jungle Strike was hella fun but also INSANELY difficult. I barely got past the first level most of the time.

Guest Frankie5fingers

holy shit i bought toejam & earl on the psn.

damn, i remember that game. i played it so much as a kid. really difficult if i remember.

i think this Christmas vacation im gonna pull out my NES and do a retro game month. get back to my roots.

Jungle Strike was hella fun but also INSANELY difficult. I barely got past the first level most of the time.

did you also play desert strike? i really want to avoid shitting on my memory. wondering if jungle strike is similar enough. hard is fine.

holy shit i bought toejam & earl on the psn.

damn, i remember that game. i played it so much as a kid. really difficult if i remember.

its difficult in that it doesn't let you continue if you die completely. which we forgot on first play through so had to start over. not so hard if you save each time you progress to the next level

toejam is a poindexter

Just bought this sweet little thing for 5 quid on Steam -

The light hearted narration throughout the whole thing really makes it stand out from your usual lo-fi styled indie game

ewj had such a beast soundtrack

[youtubehd]9i2I8orVQs0[/youtubehd]

it's a well known fact that ewj had much better music on the genesis:

[youtubehd]wtHJUyzfVfI[/youtubehd]

Edited by yek

I guess it's time to grab a SNES emulator and an Earthworm Jim ROM...lol

Actually it's possible to play it on smart phones as well. Last year I played Super Metroid entirely on my HTC Desire.

As for Earthworm Jim (1 and 2), not only did it have good game play, but the aesthetic and humor made it entertaining too. The style of it is similar to that of Ren and Stimpy.

i just played through sleeping dogs. i was surprised how awesome the radio music was. squarepusher, hudson mohawke, bonobo, flying lotus, bibio...

the fact that most of the fighting was hand to hand was also a nice change for that genre.

the only thing that pissed me off was the motorcycle racing. it was impossible. i kept getting my motorcycle stuck on things and having to start over because the control was so bad.

I was sort of flirting with Yeoman Kelly Chambers but I think I got her killed.

Probably shouldn't have promised I'd save her, oops.

All my fish died, too.

Edited by baph