IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Sony (less so Microsoft, although now they have their Windows Phone, so hey) could easily provide "second screen" capability with the Vita, or release an app for iPad/iPhone/iPod (since just about everyone has one) that provides the feature. It would be smart since it's a standard platform, with (at least up until recently) little fragmentation, so easy for developers to create a standard experience on it.

Microsoft's SmartGlass - coming to iOS/Android/Windows Phone - is their answer.

Microsoft's SmartGlass - out for iOS/Android/Windows Phone - is their answer.

So.. The year is coming to an end. What's been people's favorite vidijya gaeyhms this year?

It's been a really good year for 3rd party games in my opinion.

1. The Walking Dead (Telltale game)

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Borderlands 2

4. Assassin's Creed III

5. Max Payne 3

(sorry, I just really like to make lists)

Edited by Npoess

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

minecraft is available for android. is it playable on a smartphone really? or do they mean android tablets

It's been a really good year for endless sequels

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Borderlands 2

4. Assassin's Creed III

5. Max Payne 3

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

So.. The year is coming to an end. What's been people's favorite vidijya gaeyhms this year?

It's been a really good year for 3rd party games in my opinion.

1. The Walking Dead (Telltale game)

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Borderlands 2

4. Assassin's Creed III

5. Max Payne 3

(sorry, I just really like to make lists)

Fez

Max Payne 3

The Walking Dead

...damn, I really didn't play that many games this year. My Xbox Activity list is a fucking desert.

minecraft is available for android. is it playable on a smartphone really? or do they mean android tablets

It's been a really good year for endless sequels

2. Mass Effect 3

3. Borderlands 2

4. Assassin's Creed III

5. Max Payne 3

How does the second or third game in a series equal "endless sequels"?

Oh, and a list.

1. Mass Effect 3. Nothing comes close to this one. NOTHING!!!!!1

2. Trials Evolution. Endless replay value.

3. Assassin's Creed 3. Quite good, but the gameplay is growing a bit stale. I wish they'd take a break.

4. Black Ops 2. Haters gonna hate, but this one actually surprised me.

I think that's about it. Didn't buy a whole lot of new games this year. I would put the Walking Dead game in there, but I've still only played the first two episodes.

Edited by Friendly Foil

XCOM Enemy unknown and soon Xenonauts (downloading the 2 G right now) - I will enjoy both. I'm not an XCOM veteran so I was open for XCOM:EU and I love it.

Beside both, I'm playing Dwarf Fortress.

XCOM Enemy unknown and soon Xenonauts (downloading the 2 G right now) - I will enjoy both. I'm not an XCOM veteran so I was open for XCOM:EU and I love it.

Beside both, I'm playing Dwarf Fortress.

I've played the original UFO: Enemy Unknown many times, but I enjoy the new one as well. A lot of fans of the original game slam the new one for not being enough like the original though.

Edited by ambermonk

Sine Mora - gonna get back to the good old days when I mastered shooters and could clear them on one life...

BTW, Sine Mora is available not only for PS3/Vita, but also Xbox 360 and Steam - at 9.99 it's a steal for such a gorgeous game and with so many challenges...

Sine Mora - gonna get back to the good old days when I mastered shooters and could clear them on one life...

BTW, Sine Mora is available not only for PS3/Vita, but also Xbox 360 and Steam - at 9.99 it's a steal for such a gorgeous game and with so many challenges...

Hey can we play Vita games on the ps3?

No, well, sort of - some games offer what Sony calls "cross-play" where you play on either PS3 or Vita, then pick up where you left off on either console, as well as play against players on the opposite platform.

Guest Frankie5fingers

No, well, sort of - some games offer what Sony calls "cross-play" where you play on either PS3 or Vita, then pick up where you left off on either console, as well as play against players on the opposite platform.

yeah, and actually a cool thing they are doing is called "cross-buy" where you only have to buy the one game on the PS3 and you get the Vita version for free. its a pretty cool idea.

Fav games of the year:

Mass Effect 3

Borderlands 2

Dragon's Dogma

Arkham City

I haven't played AC3 all the way through yet, so I can't include it yet. But it's awesome so far.

Arkham City was a 2011 release :flower:

Really? Man, time is flying by so fast. I'll just have to remove it from my list then...

Fav games of the year:

Mass Effect 3

Borderlands 2

Dragon's Dogma

Arkham City

I haven't played AC3 all the way through yet, so I can't include it yet. But it's awesome so far.

yeah, and actually a cool thing they are doing is called "cross-buy" where you only have to buy the one game on the PS3 and you get the Vita version for free. its a pretty cool idea.

I guess I was wondering because I do not have a vita, but would like to be able to play the games without one. So I'm assuming on the cross play games, you still must own a vita?

Guest Frankie5fingers

no. they just want to make portable versions of console games. for what joyrex said, so that you can pick up where you left off if you have to go somewhere. but you dont need a vita to play those games.

its like an addition feature that you just wont be able to use.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

I need a new game to play. I'm thinking on going through Arkham City or starting the Mass Effect Trilogy (haven't played any of them).

Thoughts? Maybe start with Arkham City because I'm thinking going through the trilogy would take a bajillion hours?