IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Silent Hills exists again? I thought it was cancelled and Konami was suffering a slow death.

*reads article*

Rooster Teeth also reports Konami is trying to get out of the console game business as soon as possible, so it's selling off properties that can't easily be converted to mobile experiences.

Yeah...

Edited by autopilot

Silent Hills exists again? I thought it was cancelled and Konami was suffering a slow death.

*reads article*

Rooster Teeth also reports Konami is trying to get out of the console game business as soon as possible, so it's selling off properties that can't easily be converted to mobile experiences.

Yeah...

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/318624/Konami+not+abandoning+consoles+in+favour+of+mobile/

See, mobile is the future. May not be a future you want, but it's the future. And when smartphones eventually become as powerful as consoles themselves, then consoles will truly die a death. Either you buy a Steam Machine or a mobile, either one.

Sort of sad to see the console industry go, but at the same I would be happy to not have to buy three different computing machines to play only a few decent titles between them. Singularity, please!

As someone who switched exclusively to PC gaming about 6 years ago I'm totally down for that future. Fucking stupid when stuff is still console exclusive these days when a version with configurable graphical fidelity, much better controls, user mods, and future proofing/backwards compatibility by default could come out on PC.

Edited by autopilot

As someone who switched exclusively to PC gaming about 6 years ago I'm totally down for that future. Fucking stupid when stuff is still console exclusive these days when a version with configurable graphical fidelity, much better controls, user mods, and future proofing/backwards compatibility by default could come out on PC.

Same here, although only in the last year or so. Alien Isolation was my test game, and to play that at 60fps (the PS4 only doing around 30), fairly cheap and gorgeous sound (dynamic range FTW) sealed it for me. Plus, so many of the games I'm playing are cheap indie titles, downloadable in a few minutes, my PS3 is gathering dust and can't imagine getting any of the other consoles (tempted for a Wii U with Splatoon tho).

I suppose PC gamers, those elitist pricks that they are, were right all along! Let me a prick with them! :D

They come across as elitist pricks in the same sense that a gourmet chef calling Hot Pockets "putrid garbage" comes across that way.

The thing that must really suck is if you bought a whole bunch of digital games on Xbox 360 Arcade or PS3's equivalent, and they're just not available on the next-generation counterparts. You either have to keep that console forever and hope if it breaks you can still get it repaired, or just be like "okay I guess I'm never playing those games again" when you upgrade. I wonder if there's people who've ripped the files from the consoles and we'll be able to emulate those titles in a few years... It'd be a tragedy if Rez HD is lost forever with the 360s obsolescence.

Point being, if you bought a game on Steam in 2008 you can still play it in 2016 if you want, and it'll actually be improved in numerous ways.

They come across as elitist pricks in the same sense that a gourmet chef calling Hot Pockets "putrid garbage" comes across that way.

The thing that must really suck is if you bought a whole bunch of digital games on Xbox 360 Arcade or PS3's equivalent, and they're just not available on the next-generation counterparts. You either have to keep that console forever and hope if it breaks you can still get it repaired, or just be like "okay I guess I'm never playing those games again" when you upgrade. I wonder if there's people who've ripped the files from the consoles and we'll be able to emulate those titles in a few years... It'd be a tragedy if Rez HD is lost forever with the 360s obsolescence.

Point being, if you bought a game on Steam in 2008 you can still play it in 2016 if you want, and it'll actually be improved in numerous ways.

I was able to download all my ps3 games from my psn account onto my ps4.

Edit: that's a lie, not all of them. The psp ones wouldn't download to the ps4 for some reason. I was able to download lots of the indie games I bought on psn for ps3 + some ps1 games. I never bought digital ps3 games.

ftr I'm a PC guy myself.

Edited by StephenG

Nah that's the thing, you're right RE some of the digital stuff. PS3 games you purchased on PSN won't work. I just googled it.

But lots of my ps1 games I bought on PSN work on the ps4. =)

It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to have software emulation built in to make these consoles backwards compatible....

that said, all my pc games I bought 12 years ago work on my new computer ;)

Edited by StephenG

The only problem I see with Steam is some older games (or not so well built ones) do not transfer your save data, like Dead Space. Other than that, all excellent in my (note)book.

And, of course, elitist pricks is said with the highest affection. I am myself an elitist prick, so who am I to judge? I refuse to read paperback books, for example...

Edited by Bechuga

*reads article*

Yeah...

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/318624/Konami+not+abandoning+consoles+in+favour+of+mobile/

Well, they do love their gambling apps

I'm leaning towards PC gaming now too. I guess I officially crossed over when I purchased The Witcher 3 on PC instead of my PS4. I'll keep my PS4 for exclusive titles like Uncharted 4, which I refuse to miss out on. But if it's coming out for PC, chances are I'll get it on PC. I wanna get my money's worth out of my GTX 970 after all. And installing games on my SSD are a huge plus for loading times. Now I just have to buy a controller for my PC and I'm set.

Nah that's the thing, you're right RE some of the digital stuff. PS3 games you purchased on PSN won't work. I just googled it.

It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to have software emulation built in to make these consoles backwards compatible....

Which PS1 games exactly? No PS3/PS2/PS1 game is compatible on the PS4, unless you're talking about cross-buy versions ala PS4/PS3/Vita.

Which PS1 games exactly? No PS3/PS2/PS1 game is compatible on the PS4, unless you're talking about cross-buy versions ala PS4/PS3/Vita.

was also curious about this. to the best of my knowledge the ps1 games that you get on psn for ps3 don't work on ps4

ps

I refuse to read paperback books, for example...

you are a vile inhuman being

*slams door*

maybe he's just got stronger wrists for propping the heavy hardback book up when he's reading in bed. heh, which would conversely suggest that we are limpwristed (as well as frugal(although i haven't read a book in decades, i was tempted by some review of a sci-fi space opera that i was reading the other day)).

this is probably a really dumb question but I can't learn gestures in Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin). do you have to level up a stat or something to use new ones? I've got all the basic ones but none of the ones I've "learnt" from various characters shows up in the menu after I 'learn' them.

HJALP

Edited by usagi

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is ace, as is Death Skid Marks, even if ludicrously hard (the bosses kill you in one shot!)

I refuse to read paperback books, for example...

you are a vile inhuman being

*slams door*

maybe he's just got stronger wrists for propping the heavy hardback book up when he's reading in bed. heh, which would conversely suggest that we are limpwristed (as well as frugal(although i haven't read a book in decades, i was tempted by some review of a sci-fi space opera that i was reading the other day)).

I generally prop the book on my penis, my two hands and phallus combined to form an organic tripod for the book to rest on. It definitely helps when rereading the Twilight quartet (luxruiously red leatherbound volumes) for the tenth time.

this is probably a really dumb question but I can't learn gestures in Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin). do you have to level up a stat or something to use new ones? I've got all the basic ones but none of the ones I've "learnt" from various characters shows up in the menu after I 'learn' them.

HJALP

This is perhaps a stupid answer but have you tried to change the default gestures? I haven't played DS2 in a year or more so I can't remember exactly, but I think there's only a few available (let's say, 7) at one time, and so in order to use a new gesture you have to go to one of the default ones and press some button that should allow you to 'change' or 'switch' the gesture to a different gesture.

HJALP

This is perhaps a stupid answer but have you tried to change the default gestures? I haven't played DS2 in a year or more so I can't remember exactly, but I think there's only a few available (let's say, 7) at one time, and so in order to use a new gesture you have to go to one of the default ones and press some button that should allow you to 'change' or 'switch' the gesture to a different gesture.

oh shit, you're right. thanks.