IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

if dark souls 3 isnt on the PCim gonna be raging. Anyway, gave dragon age inquistion 20 hours of my time, i hate it. looks shiny, but the combat is incredibly dull, and im pretty much just bored as fuck with it.

Playing with a combat system as interesting and satisfying as dark souls has pretty much ruined other RPG's for me. i started to replay skyrim with some mods and all the dlc and couldnt get even 10 hours into that either.

Edited by messiaen

can you imagine a game which has the world of skyrim and the combat of dark souls? huge and open, but unlike skyrim, which ultimately felt boring as fuck because you could explore anywhere from the outset, so there was no wonder or mystery in it, certain areas have much harder enemies, so it might take you 40 hours of levelling before you could even reach a certain city? that would be unbelievably cool.

can you imagine a game which has the world of skyrim and the combat of dark souls? huge and open, but unlike skyrim, which ultimately felt boring as fuck because you could explore anywhere from the outset, so there was no wonder or mystery in it, certain areas have much harder enemies, so it might take you 40 hours of levelling before you could even reach a certain city? that would be unbelievably cool.

the world and lore and pure style of DS is far superior to Skyrim imo. and I like Skyrim.

Edited by usagi

Skyrim is great, but it has lots of issues. I think the combat system is pretty decent though. The AI is a bit whatever though. If enemies were more dynamic in their fighting and strategy it would be more engaging. It's really predictable though, and very unnatural.

Skyrim's biggest pitfall is the repeitive and recycled content, really. The same caves/tombs/forts/camps with the same enemies, just with bigger health pools and damage output as it gets harder. Other than that I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, but once I start getting used to the pattern and rhythm of the game I lose interest very quickly. They at least do a decent job of hiding little interesting things round the world like cabins full of cool shit, unique NPCs here and there, slightly off the wall quests, secret items and the like. ES games basically eat up a few weeks of my life then I never touch them again (I never get that excited about mods).

Skyrim's biggest pitfall is the repeitive and recycled content, really. The same caves/tombs/forts/camps with the same enemies, just with bigger health pools and damage output as it gets harder. Other than that I do enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, but once I start getting used to the pattern and rhythm of the game I lose interest very quickly. They at least do a decent job of hiding little interesting things round the world like cabins full of cool shit, unique NPCs here and there, slightly off the wall quests, secret items and the like. ES games basically eat up a few weeks of my life then I never touch them again (I never get that excited about mods).

That's every RPG ever made you're describing there.

And to be fair, I actually think Bethesda are pretty good at creating an interesting environment that keep you hooked. Actually they are pretty unmatched when it comes to map variety in RPGs, and they also manages to have their games packed with content in every game they've ever made.

Like in Skyrim there's this whole enormous Dwarven Ruins world ("Blackreach" - I think), that's only part of a sidemission (as far as I remember), and could easily be missed. That tells you a bit about confidence in map and content creation.

Edited by Npoess

I only got bored of Fallout 3 because I hit the level cap. If the game had allowed me to level on forever, I would have completed everything on the map. Ah, those were good times...

We need a thread tbh. I would make one but I don't have thread-editing powers anymore, which would be kind of handy in a thread like that. To update the OP with conference times etc.

I'll make a thread as we get closer to E3 :)

We need a thread tbh. I would make one but I don't have thread-editing powers anymore, which would be kind of handy in a thread like that. To update the OP with conference times etc.

I'll make a thread as we get closer to E3 :)

Yassss.

Mighty No. 9 in 60fps trailer

That figure would look cool next to my Mega Man amiibo...

the figure/character design are awful. will play the game though since i <3 megaman. the whole "beat them at their own game" seems like a thinly veiled shot at capcom lol

sf4 ps4 got patched yesterday. fixes a lot of the bugs. my execution/fundamentals have improved significantly in the last week to where i'm finally starting to win more than i lose online but jesus christ having 1/2frame links in bnb's is ridiculous. still can't land sakura's bnb ;\

I heard from my coworker/buddy that Skyrim's level cap is 81, but I think 54 was the highest I've gotten to. Combat goes more smoothly once you figure out how to hot-key your weapons and powers, but I didn't figure out how until two weeks after I started playing, since it wasn't made obvious in the game.

Also there were too many god damn Draugrs in Skyrim. There should've been a Draugr zoo where you can watch them lumber around trying to dry-hump each other and you could feed them live Mud Crabs, and you could set them all on fire if they tried to escape.

I'd like to see Fallout 4 have at least the degree of exploration opportunities that Skyrim did, along with realistic combat.

Edited by ambermonk

I only got bored of Fallout 3 because I hit the level cap. If the game had allowed me to level on forever, I would have completed everything on the map. Ah, those were good times...

What's great about The Witcher 3 is that it apparently has no level cap. Man, the more I play it, the more I like it. But ya I agree that that was a bummer, not being able to develop your character further. I'm hoping Fallout 4 doesn't have that cap. Then I'd never stop playing it. But it most likely will. Oh well, I'm sure there will be more to do than ever anyways.

What's great about The Witcher 3 is that it apparently has no level cap. Man, the more I play it, the more I like it. But ya I agree that that was a bummer, not being able to develop your character further. I'm hoping Fallout 4 doesn't have that cap. Then I'd never stop playing it. But it most likely will. Oh well, I'm sure there will be more to do than ever anyways.

I thought I heard the Witcher caps at 70...

I thought I heard the Witcher caps at 70...

I was just going by this article: http://www.psu.com/news/26954/The-Witcher-3-does-not-have-a-level-cap

Fallout / Elder Scrolls games feel like really pretty digital dioramas, in the sense that they're beautiful to watch but the interaction is very limited. All the characters look like plastic mannequins. I dunno. There's little to no immersion/interactivity in those worlds. Kinda like a Disneyland ride.

The graphics don't help either. And the fact that the weapons feel all rubbery, they have no weight.

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

RIVE looks pretty badass, I wish there was a handheld version!

[youtubehd]n3NOX7m3JZM[/youtubehd]

Has anyone played Geometry Wars 3 yet? Is anything different?

Fallout / Elder Scrolls games feel like really pretty digital dioramas, in the sense that they're beautiful to watch but the interaction is very limited. All the characters look like plastic mannequins. I dunno. There's little to no immersion/interactivity in those worlds. Kinda like a Disneyland ride.

The graphics don't help either. And the fact that the weapons feel all rubbery, they have no weight.

You know you where supposed to use the VATS system, right? That mechanic made the weapons feel really powerful and satisfying. Playing Fallout 3 like an ordinary shooter isn't the way to play that game.

Edited by Npoess