IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

That Steambox thing sounds awesome. Masterrace gaming for 400 bucks ? I'm in.

That's just the starting price, some of the ones I've seen are a grand and up. That 400 one might not be as hot as the others. Could be wrong tho

yeah i cant see you getting a 970 in it for 400$ for the whole package.

Welp fuck obviously you're right. Apprently the 400$ one is AMD CPU i5, AMD Radeon R9 270, 8 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of storage.

meh why not

Edited by Perezvon

Where are you guys seeing those specs and prices? This is the cheapest I've found so far:

$499 Steam Machine X

Intel Core i3 - 3.6 GHz

nVidia GTX 750 w/1GB GDDR5

4GB DDR3

500GB SATA III HDD

1x1 802.11 ac/g/n Wireless

Steam Controller optional

Not very impressive, and you're stuck with Linux games or streaming.

Where are you guys seeing those specs and prices? This is the cheapest I've found so far:

$499 Steam Machine X

Intel Core i3 - 3.6 GHz

nVidia GTX 750 w/1GB GDDR5

4GB DDR3

500GB SATA III HDD

1x1 802.11 ac/g/n Wireless

Steam Controller optional

Not very impressive, and you're stuck with Linux games or streaming.

Here http://www.usgamer.net/articles/how-much-will-a-steam-box-cost-youbut seeing the date (june 2014) it might have changed since then yeah...

I'm ok with those specs you gave really, just have to buy some more RAM which is pretty cheap

Edited by Perezvon

Guest bitroast

metal gear solid v ground zeroes is free on ps+ (obvs in build up to mgs v coming out in sept).

hoooly shit yeah this game is wicked. solid cutscenes + solid gameplay. the tweaks and improvements to the gameplay really go a long way and open the game up in a big way. the game being a self contained little demo isolated to 1 base actually makes it really fun figuring out how to play it and tackle the situation. plus there's not heaps of codec calls and cutscenes interrupting the fun gameplay. i'm assuming of course mgsv the full game will have a ton more cutscenes thrown in, but im hoping the game has the same focus on streamlining because holy shit it's gonna be a fun game when the gameplay has its time to shine

metal gear solid v ground zeroes is free on ps+ (obvs in build up to mgs v coming out in sept).

hoooly shit yeah this game is wicked. solid cutscenes + solid gameplay. the tweaks and improvements to the gameplay really go a long way and open the game up in a big way. the game being a self contained little demo isolated to 1 base actually makes it really fun figuring out how to play it and tackle the situation. plus there's not heaps of codec calls and cutscenes interrupting the fun gameplay. i'm assuming of course mgsv the full game will have a ton more cutscenes thrown in, but im hoping the game has the same focus on streamlining because holy shit it's gonna be a fun game when the gameplay has its time to shine

i was pretty blown away with it honestly. based on how everyone talked about how ps4 specs couldn't touch bleeding edge pc's i kinda expected it to not look that great or have a low frame rate. instead it looks gorgeous and at a steady 60 fps. oh, and yeah. the gamplay is really fucking good. i played it shortly after beating peacewalker and man... so good. worth the $40 or $50 bucks they sold it for at launch? nah. not even mad at the $10 i paid for it a few months ago

Guest bitroast

yeah, even tho i grabbed the free version i'd like to pick up a cheap physical copy somewhere .. just out of my distrust of having a ps+ account forever +PLUS really enjoying the game and wanting to keep it. maybe there'll be a bundle with MGS V or something?..

Guest bitroast

also yeah.. the graphics and framerate on ps4 are silky smooth.

also had a look at PT but .. would rather not talking about that one :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Been playing Splatoon for days now. Easily the most fun I've had this year with a game. Seriously this is like Nintendo's version of Counter-Strike yet is totally unique.

Also loving the whole timed release of maps, modes, and weapons. Seriously to have a new map every other week is insane. It all adds up to a game I'll be playing all summer.

Brutal Doom version 20 is off the damn chain, finally released today after 18 months in development (for this version alone). This mod basically takes a classic shooter and not only makes it even more violent, but gives it an overhaul to overall gameplay as well as new sprite animations, while retaining all of its core qualities at the same time. Only available for PC tho, obviously. If you try it and enjoy it, be sure to thank the guy who is its sole developer.

Gotta say this has been a good week for gaming news, along with the announcements of XCOM 2 and Fallout 4 as well.

Edited by ambermonk

No idea why I keep returning to Dark Souls. Finally figured out the combat (I think) and made it to a blacksmith. Also killed some tall guy in black armor and unlocked an elevator back to the starting area. Yasss.

No idea why I keep returning to Dark Souls. Finally figured out the combat (I think) and made it to a blacksmith. Also killed some tall guy in black armor and unlocked an elevator back to the starting area. Yasss.

showzen.gif

I'm so surprised by how good Splatoon actually is. I don't care what people say Nintendo are still on top when it comes to making genuinely fun games.

I really hope it does well and they continue to make new IPs and concepts.

Are you gonna attempt to access the paywall DLC?
The amiibo stuff? I'm not bothered about that. They are adding new maps and multiplayer modes for free.

It begins

showzen.gif

I'm so surprised by how good Splatoon actually is. I don't care what people say Nintendo are still on top when it comes to making genuinely fun games.

The amiibo stuff? I'm not bothered about that. They are adding new maps and multiplayer modes for free.
Look up some gameplay vids, great single player stuff, and fairly trippy. Really stupid they didn't do a bundle for the West.

Look up some gameplay vids, great single player stuff, and fairly trippy. Really stupid they didn't do a bundle for the West.

They did do a bundle, the problem was that they were stolen. At least, if you were a Game customer.

Edited by Bechuga

Yeah I meant a US bundle.

Night Terrors looks really unique, your house is the playing field, turn out the lights and wander around using your phone camera as both the screen and controller. Good party game where your friends could hide and scare the shit out of you, after a few drinks or tokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMxMtjMc3s

Guest transmisiones ferox

looks like dark souls 3 is next gen only (no pc),at first,anyway

good, the more only console nex gen games, the more I love my ps4