What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Guest bitroast

metal gear solid v ground zeroes is free on ps+ (obvs in build up to mgs v coming out in sept).

hoooly shit yeah this game is wicked. solid cutscenes + solid gameplay. the tweaks and improvements to the gameplay really go a long way and open the game up in a big way. the game being a self contained little demo isolated to 1 base actually makes it really fun figuring out how to play it and tackle the situation. plus there's not heaps of codec calls and cutscenes interrupting the fun gameplay. i'm assuming of course mgsv the full game will have a ton more cutscenes thrown in, but im hoping the game has the same focus on streamlining because holy shit it's gonna be a fun game when the gameplay has its time to shine

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rubin Farr

• Joyrex

• Squee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paid tribute to some of the featured artists in my Animal Crossing home

Dragging out the old Eno quote. "Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, t

Obsessed with Wipeout, not played it for almost 20 years.  

Posted Images

metal gear solid v ground zeroes is free on ps+ (obvs in build up to mgs v coming out in sept).

hoooly shit yeah this game is wicked. solid cutscenes + solid gameplay. the tweaks and improvements to the gameplay really go a long way and open the game up in a big way. the game being a self contained little demo isolated to 1 base actually makes it really fun figuring out how to play it and tackle the situation. plus there's not heaps of codec calls and cutscenes interrupting the fun gameplay. i'm assuming of course mgsv the full game will have a ton more cutscenes thrown in, but im hoping the game has the same focus on streamlining because holy shit it's gonna be a fun game when the gameplay has its time to shine

i was pretty blown away with it honestly. based on how everyone talked about how ps4 specs couldn't touch bleeding edge pc's i kinda expected it to not look that great or have a low frame rate. instead it looks gorgeous and at a steady 60 fps. oh, and yeah. the gamplay is really fucking good. i played it shortly after beating peacewalker and man... so good. worth the $40 or $50 bucks they sold it for at launch? nah. not even mad at the $10 i paid for it a few months ago

Guest bitroast

yeah, even tho i grabbed the free version i'd like to pick up a cheap physical copy somewhere .. just out of my distrust of having a ps+ account forever +PLUS really enjoying the game and wanting to keep it. maybe there'll be a bundle with MGS V or something?..

Guest bitroast

also yeah.. the graphics and framerate on ps4 are silky smooth.

also had a look at PT but .. would rather not talking about that one :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Been playing Splatoon for days now. Easily the most fun I've had this year with a game. Seriously this is like Nintendo's version of Counter-Strike yet is totally unique.

Also loving the whole timed release of maps, modes, and weapons. Seriously to have a new map every other week is insane. It all adds up to a game I'll be playing all summer.

Brutal Doom version 20 is off the damn chain, finally released today after 18 months in development (for this version alone). This mod basically takes a classic shooter and not only makes it even more violent, but gives it an overhaul to overall gameplay as well as new sprite animations, while retaining all of its core qualities at the same time. Only available for PC tho, obviously. If you try it and enjoy it, be sure to thank the guy who is its sole developer.

Gotta say this has been a good week for gaming news, along with the announcements of XCOM 2 and Fallout 4 as well.

Edited by ambermonk

No idea why I keep returning to Dark Souls. Finally figured out the combat (I think) and made it to a blacksmith. Also killed some tall guy in black armor and unlocked an elevator back to the starting area. Yasss.

No idea why I keep returning to Dark Souls. Finally figured out the combat (I think) and made it to a blacksmith. Also killed some tall guy in black armor and unlocked an elevator back to the starting area. Yasss.

showzen.gif

I'm so surprised by how good Splatoon actually is. I don't care what people say Nintendo are still on top when it comes to making genuinely fun games.

I really hope it does well and they continue to make new IPs and concepts.

Are you gonna attempt to access the paywall DLC?
The amiibo stuff? I'm not bothered about that. They are adding new maps and multiplayer modes for free.

It begins

showzen.gif

I'm so surprised by how good Splatoon actually is. I don't care what people say Nintendo are still on top when it comes to making genuinely fun games.

The amiibo stuff? I'm not bothered about that. They are adding new maps and multiplayer modes for free.
Look up some gameplay vids, great single player stuff, and fairly trippy. Really stupid they didn't do a bundle for the West.

Look up some gameplay vids, great single player stuff, and fairly trippy. Really stupid they didn't do a bundle for the West.

They did do a bundle, the problem was that they were stolen. At least, if you were a Game customer.

Edited by Bechuga

Yeah I meant a US bundle.

Night Terrors looks really unique, your house is the playing field, turn out the lights and wander around using your phone camera as both the screen and controller. Good party game where your friends could hide and scare the shit out of you, after a few drinks or tokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMxMtjMc3s

Guest transmisiones ferox

looks like dark souls 3 is next gen only (no pc),at first,anyway

good, the more only console nex gen games, the more I love my ps4

Good lord they made Brutal Doom 10x more brutal.

:wub:

The thing I love about it too is the modernized game play. Monsters actually "lean" after being killed close to walls, you can do sideways barrel rolls (a la Star Fox 64), hot key frag grenades, and even dual-wield some weapons. I noticed the zombies actually fire their guns erratically for a brief second when they're killed too, much like the enemies in the first F.E.A.R. game. And there's so much more...

Some of you can knock PCs all you want, but one major advantage they have over console gaming - mods.

Black Knight? Alone at the top of a short, small tower? He's so great when you first encounter him. Just fucking destroyed me...kept coming back to him and finally felt like a king when I first took him down. Black Knight armor was my favorite in the game, most likely because of that.

Black Knight? Alone at the top of a short, small tower? He's so great when you first encounter him. Just fucking destroyed me...kept coming back to him and finally felt like a king when I first took him down. Black Knight armor was my favorite in the game, most likely because of that.
No no not that guy. He kicked my ass once and I never returned. The one I'm talking about is inside an old church or something. Right before you reach the blacksmith. He wasn't hard to kill at all, just really intimidating to look at.

if dark souls 3 is console only im gonna be fucking raging. why in shits name would i spend 400 quid on something that does nothing but play games.

• Joyrex changed the title to What Video Games Are You Currently Playing
  • Joyrex featured this topic