IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Fallout Shelter; while the men folk are out pillaging and fighting for survival, you get to stay behind and manage the folks in the shelter.https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fallout-shelter/id991153141?mt=8

Does this link with anything in FO4 or is it completely independent? Will it do anything in-game?

Doubtful. I've never seen an iOS game that interfaced with anything, you might get it to generate codes for in game items or something? Your guess is as good as mine.

Evolve has a mobile puzzle game that actually gives you experience and perk boosts in the full game by playing... it's kinda cool

Doom 4 trailer got my hyped to play some Doom again, got Brutal Doom v20 working, with the Metal Doom soundtrack, hi-res wall/item textures and some weapon skins... Also got the .wad files for Doom 2 and Final Doom. I had forgotten how fun old school Doom is, and now even better with these tweaks.

Brutal Doom v20 is pretty damn fun. Once you've tried Brutal Doom, you pretty much can't go back to "vanilla". I thought I heard Sgt. Mark IV was gonna release new maps down the road as well, but I'm not sure exactly when. No doubt Id Software got inspiration for some of the execution moves for the next Doom installment from Brutal Doom's iconic "Rip and Tear" feature.

Brutal Doom v20 is pretty damn fun. Once you've tried Brutal Doom, you pretty much can't go back to "vanilla". I thought I heard Sgt. Mark IV was gonna release new maps down the road as well, but I'm not sure exactly when. No doubt Id Software got inspiration for some of the execution moves for the next Doom installment from Brutal Doom's iconic "Rip and Tear" feature.

is brutal doom just doom one or is it like 1,2, final doom

Brutal Doom is a gameplay mod for the modern Doom engine clients like GZdoom & Zandronum, so it works with any Doom wads... Doom 1, 2, Final Doom, and the 8 billion user-made wads as well.

is brutal doom just doom one or is it like 1,2, final doom

Brutal Doom is a gameplay mod for the modern Doom engine clients like GZdoom & Zandronum, so it works with any Doom wads... Doom 1, 2, Final Doom, and the 8 billion user-made wads as well.

Autopilot basically answered your question. Both the Brutal Doom mod and GZDoom are free downloads, but you still need the original Doom WADs. BD enhances overall gameplay as well as sprite animations.

Guest bitroast

Killed my first boss in Bloodborne. Like this A LOT better than DS so far.

& what an emotional rollercoaster ride it's been leading to this moment.

to all of you who recommended some ps3 games: thank you!

We only have a tiny, old CRT TV right now and I really want a bigger screen so I can actually see wtf is going on while playing, so I think I'm gonna get a $300 projector or something. I've wanted one for a long time anyway, and decent ones seem to be getting cheaper. will report back.

Edited by luke viia

to all of you who recommended some ps3 games: thank you!

We only have a tiny, old CRT TV right now and I really want a bigger screen so I can actually see wtf is going on while playing, so I think I'm gonna get a $300 projector or something. I've wanted one for a long time anyway, and decent ones seem to be getting cheaper. will report back.

Why not just get a cheap 50" LCD that is around 300 bucks? Projectors require too many prerequisites to be useful, and honestly a 300 dollar projector is going to be a sub-par experience (not really bright, lucky if it even supports 720p, etc.).

I've used that tier of projector before, they're fine for what I want. And it needs to be a flexible device - I live in a tiny apartment, a wall-hung 50" TV just isn't going to happen unless I never want to rearrange again (and I need the desk & table space I have, so that's out too).

In all honesty, nothing could be worse than the CRT box I have now. That TV is damn near as old as I am. It'll be an upgrade even if I put the next one behind a fishtank.

Edited by luke viia

I bought a second hand HD projector for 250 quid a few years ago. playing skyrim on a projected screen 10 foot by 15 foot full of ketamine was fucking amazing. then the bulb on my second hand projector ran out and it turned out it was 220 quid for a new one so i threw the projector off my friends studio roof while i was drunk. all in all the whole experience was a positive one.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-is-so-big-its-lead-producer-hasnt-seen-everything-it-has-to-offer/

Fallout 4 is so big its lead producer hasn't seen everything it has to offer

Bethesda's RPGs are notoriously sprawling affairs, but Fallout 4 looks set to be bigger than any other game in the series. According to the game's lead producer Jeff Gardiner, speaking at an E3 roundtable interview attended by GamesRadar, he's still finding new things in the Boston wastelands.

"I've played the game probably 400 hours, and I'm still finding stuff that I haven't seen yet," Gardiner said.

Game director Todd Howard chimed in on the same topic. "I'll be playing the game and run into something and be like, 'Who built this? What is this? It's so big!'"

In addition to wandering aimlessly through the post-apocalyptic wasteland between missions, you'll also be able to build houses in Fallout 4. They won't serve any purpose to the main campaign, but doing the most important thing is never one's main priority in a Fallout game.

Oh, and the dog can't die. That's a relief. Check out all the Fallout 4 gameplay footage over here.

:catnope::cattears::psyduck:

hmm, i hope you don't have to drag the dog along everywhere you go

i wasn't so fond of the dog companion in fallout 3

Mmh I think he's just the figurehead among a whole lot more available companions.

Dogmeat was way less annoying than invincible laser gatling Fawkes tbh imo

yeah, at some point Fawkes revving up his gatling laser for a 1-sec blast to kill a radroach got tiring. but I liked having him around. Dogmeat, though, I sent him off to 101 because I didn't want him getting hurt :cat:

I found companions in NV a lot better to have around than FO3.

yeah, at some point Fawkes revving up his gatling laser for a 1-sec blast to kill a radroach got tiring. but I liked having him around. Dogmeat, though, I sent him off to 101 because I didn't want him getting hurt :cat:

I found companions in NV a lot better to have around than FO3.

Yeah companions in NV are so much more fleshed out they feel like real brothers in arms. They're all awesome, all of them.

I had Jericho as a companion in my last FO3 playthrough and he's just a boring asshole.

I could never get Jericho because I wasn't asshole enough.

edit: talking about this a bit more at length, I've tried being an asshole in Fallout i.e. going evil karma, but I found I just couldn't do it. furthest I ever got was setting off the Megaton bomb, but returning to the obliterated town and witnessing the death and destruction I'd caused unexpectedly gave me what felt like real-world regret/grief. like, my heart was pounding and I was shaking. it was weird.

I think there's definitely something to be said for testing your morality in a simulated world in order to better know yourself.

Edited by usagi

I've used that tier of projector before, they're fine for what I want. And it needs to be a flexible device - I live in a tiny apartment, a wall-hung 50" TV just isn't going to happen unless I never want to rearrange again (and I need the desk & table space I have, so that's out too).

In all honesty, nothing could be worse than the CRT box I have now. That TV is damn near as old as I am. It'll be an upgrade even if I put the next one behind a fishtank.

I can't believe you're playing an HD console on a non-HD CRT! Must look like shiiiiiiiiit....

If space is a concern, you could get a nice 27" 1080P monitor for your desktop/laptop and do double duty as a secondary monitor for your PC and your console...

Playing games on projectors is awesome. Go for it.

If you were over here you could pick up my old one for a couple of beers.

Edited by Gocab