IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest disparaissant

got a vm running windows 2000 and im enjoying the hell out of fallout 2.

looking for older game recs, too! something from that era.

Guest Mirezzi

Any of you who've played Dishonored wanna recommend whether I play stealth or guns blazing?

I typically find stealth tedious, but if it's fun, I'll do it. I know you get a better ending if you don't kill people though...not that I give a shit about the ending.

Any of you who've played Dishonored wanna recommend whether I play stealth or guns blazing?

I typically find stealth tedious, but if it's fun, I'll do it. I know you get a better ending if you don't kill people though...not that I give a shit about the ending.

As bad as this sounds, it's generally more fun to kill people - that is, going Rambo. In games with multiple endings, I opt for the "good" ending every time. But working towards that goal in this game was so tedious that I pretty much gave up altogether.

Edited by ambermonk

I think the whole reason why I disliked Dishonored so much, was because I tried to play 100% non-lethal. I normally like to play stealthy, but I didn't enjoy it in Dishonored.

But I don't think it's a good game.. A very average one if you ask me.

Edited by Npoess

Guest Mirezzi

Cool, thanks for the warning. I've more or less set my expectations at the Assassin's Creed level of fun, and with that game, I *only* had fun when killing people, so the whole stealth thing seems like something I can safely ignore.

I started re-playing Max Payne 3 yesterday. Forgot how much I liked the story in that game.

But the controls are far from perfect. I think 'tank controls' is the best way to describe it. And the free-aim doens't seem to have any auto-aim at all. Which makes a bit fustrating to play on console. Soft-lock and hard-lock are no fun either.

But the controls aside... It's a brilliant game.

Edited by Npoess

I started re-playing Max Payne 3 yesterday. Forgot how much I liked the story in that game.

But the controls in it is far from perfect... I think 'tank controls' is the best way to describe it. And the free-aim doens't seem to have any auto-aim at all. Which makes a bit fustrating to play on console. Soft-lock and hard-lock are no fun either.

Oh no no no, you just have to get used to the free aim. I ended up finishing it a second time but on hard and with free aim. It makes killing people that more rewarding and it feels fucking excellent you fire off a single shot and it hits a Brazilian guy right in the face.

Yeah, It's actually a lot easier to headshots with free-aim on. The shooting definitely feels great.. but I don't know, I'm just struggling a bit with it.

I also love the fact that this game has guido's to shoot.

Yeah, It's actually a lot easier to headshots with free-aim on. The shooting definitely feels great.. but I don't know, I'm just struggling a bit with it.

I also love the fact that this game has guido's to shoot.

That bar scene is sooo good. "You fake tan guido douche."

But yeah, I think the game is actually easier when using free aim - or it may not be easier but it's less frustrating.

Back to the Dishonored vs. Deus Ex: Human Revolution comparison.

Both games encourage you to be stealthy, but I thought using a combination of stealth and non-lethal attacks was better executed in DE:HR. You have more options for the non-lethal approach. You can take down bad guys up close, use gas grenades (or mines), zap them with a stun gun, put them to sleep with the tranq rifle, or knock down a group of them with the PEPS, with a chance of them being unconscious as a result.
For stealth, you can install and use a cloaking device to avoid detection by hostiles. The third-person crouch option is also handy when either using stealth or taking cover from enemy fire. Also, the game's endings are completely independent of the player's actions up to that point.

In Dishonored, you can only sneak up behind them and suffocate them, or shoot them with sleep darts. If that's the only way to get the "good" ending in Dishonored, then to hell with that.

Edited by ambermonk

Hitman - Absolution

I haven't played Hitman since the first one which I only played the demo. I remember playing a few times and only getting to a certain point each time then getting fucked. This one seems very similar but there's a larger range of options for whichever way you want to play. I'm enjoying it so far and I've just done the opening level. I got this as a present, it's not something I would have bought for myself. I am glad he got me this, though I was just about to get Far Cry. That'll have to wait now.

I'm gonna find $15 somewhere and buy Mass Effect 1 on PSN. It's the only Mass Effect I haven't beaten yet. My 360 broke before I could get far into the game. Then I played 2 and 3 on PS3. Love it. Can't wait to experience the one that started the series.

[DE:HR]

or knock down a group of them with the PEPS, with a chance of them being unconscious as a result.

I never understood the PEPS gun. you can stun a group of people if they're standing close together and only for a few seconds, then they recover fairly quickly and know you're there, they set off alarms and all that. you're no longer a ghost. I had absolutely no use for that gun, as cool as it looked.

I agree, the PEPS creates too much chaos to be a reliable stealth weapon. It's fun to knock shit around with though.

I wonder if the developers got the idea from that weird gun Anderton used in the car factory scene in Minority Report.

Playing Fry Cry 3. Graphics are what I wanted from Skyrim and what I expect HL3 to be like.

Gameplay is pretty good to boot, so far 8/10 for me.

got a vm running windows 2000 and im enjoying the hell out of fallout 2.

looking for older game recs, too! something from that era.

I bought this from GOG a while back. Couldn't get it running and I finally just said fuck it, I have better ways to spend my weekend :/

Temporary housemate gave us his old Xbox. Just bought Fallout 3 at Fred Meyers. Modern gaming here I come. YEAH BUDDY

Congrats! You're in for an adventure. In a way, it's like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64 but with way more guns and robots.

Guest Drahken

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition..

Just about finished balling through BG1 with some friends on multiplayer. Haven't played that game since like 99 and I still remember all kinds of hidden stuff. Playing an Assassin (quarterstaff bs ftw) and the new Blackguard class, which thus far has been a chunk machine.

Playing Fry Cry 3. Graphics are what I wanted from Skyrim and what I expect HL3 to be like.

great game so far, just realized I was playing for 6hrs, completely immersed.

great game so far, just realized I was playing for 6hrs, completely immersed.

Same here. My friend and I started playing around midnight and all of a sudden it was 6 o'clock in the morning.

still enjoying Victoria II but goddamn the game mechanics seem far more difficult than EUIII...i think i need to wage defensive war preferably over offensive....my armies get whooped by the french every time....and im playing as a highly militarized germany.