IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

fallout finally showed up on (evil)steam sale. bought both fo3 goty and nv ultimate for $13.xx

very good chance i'll hardly play either one though...

Oh god this Steam sale...my wishlist has been decimated by incredible bargains. Does anyone have a spare week to loan me so I can play these bastards?

I've used that tier of projector before, they're fine for what I want. And it needs to be a flexible device - I live in a tiny apartment, a wall-hung 50" TV just isn't going to happen unless I never want to rearrange again (and I need the desk & table space I have, so that's out too).

In all honesty, nothing could be worse than the CRT box I have now. That TV is damn near as old as I am. It'll be an upgrade even if I put the next one behind a fishtank.

I can't believe you're playing an HD console on a non-HD CRT! Must look like shiiiiiiiiit....

If space is a concern, you could get a nice 27" 1080P monitor for your desktop/laptop and do double duty as a secondary monitor for your PC and your console...

Ur a site admin not a life admin. Stop editing my life maaaaaan

DS2:

co-oping the boss battle in Eleum Loyce (Burnt Ivory King) is a shitload of fun. if you've freed all the 4 knights beforehand and have summoned as many phantoms as you can, you have 8 people on your side (including you) in a massive hellish arena fighting a bunch of powerful enemies. it's really satisfying taking them down together, especially when you're faced with trouble from one and the others jump in and you beat them up together. gank squad in full effeck!

Started tidying up my wishlist thanks to the steam sale:

Hotline Miami

HL2

Fallout: New Vegas

The Long Dark

I Am Bread

Fez

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

all quite good, looking forward to playing The Long Dark takes when the story mode gets added

About to do a speed-run through Arkham City in preperation of Arkham Knight, probably gonna ignore all the riddler trophies for this playthrough...

Bloodborne is pretty alright so far. Exploration and combat is sweet but the boss battles are just tedious and I feel the game would almost be better without them. It's like this annoying thing you have to pass every hour or so, just so you can get back to the actual cool stuff. At least they look cool. At least place a checkpoint or something before the boss rooms. Running the same route and killing the same enemies again and again is neither challenging nor fun. It's just annoying and tedious.

Overall I feel the game is great, perhaps even quite amazing when you're just exploring new areas, but it hardly makes every other game out there seem boring in comparison.

Bloodborne is pretty alright so far. Exploration and combat is sweet but the boss battles are just tedious and I feel the game would almost be better without them. It's like this annoying thing you have to pass every hour or so, just so you can get back to the actual cool stuff. At least they look cool. At least place a checkpoint or something before the boss rooms. Running the same route and killing the same enemies again and again is neither challenging nor fun. It's just annoying and tedious.

Overall I feel the game is great, perhaps even quite amazing when you're just exploring new areas, but it hardly makes every other game out there seem boring in comparison.

don't forget 2 use your bells, you get a lot of souls for helping people and if you find a hard boss, just call for help!

running the same route and killing the same enemies is part of the game how much it is frustrating it can also be fun

fuck i died and i left my 50000 bloodsouls out there i can still get em...fuck i'm dead again

right now i'm at nightmare of nemsis, i don't no where else to go and all i can do is run cause everything is killing me

don't forget 2 use your bells, you get a lot of souls for helping people and if you find a hard boss, just call for help!

running the same route and killing the same enemies is part of the game how much it is frustrating it can also be fun

fuck i died and i left my 50000 bloodsouls out there i can still get em...fuck i'm dead again

right now i'm at nightmare of nemsis, i don't no where else to go and all i can do is run cause everything is killing me

Yea I've spent a lot of time joining other people's games and helping them with bosses. The bosses themselves have so far been relatively fair (except for that poison thing in the old church, that was just stupid) but I just can't stand running the same routes over and over. You already do that quite a bit in the first place when trying to figure out where to go, so forcing the player to do it after each try at beating a boss is horrible design, given that it adds nothing to the game. At least there are shortcuts.

I've just entered some place called the Unseen Village or something but I think I might return to the forest and look for more treasure. That place is huge.

Does anyone know if acting crazy in front of friendly NPCs in The Witcher 3 has any consequences? I had left my game on and my girlfriend and her friend thought it would be funny to go amok on the NPCs. So now I'm worried that they might have messed up my game

Then you are weak - you need to level up, and make sure your Insight is not too high or the Brain Trust will rek you

spoken like a boss. I played five mintues of bloodbourne then fucked it off, didn't even bother getting out of the entry area. So i can't imagine the frustration these cats are feeling.

Then you are weak - you need to level up, and make sure your Insight is not too high or the Brain Trust will rek you

Aside from necessary leveling, running past the first part from the elevator until you get to the entrance across the bridge actually isn't a bad idea to avoid the Frenzy missles and rock giants.... I'm so close to getting platinum on this game, but the fucking Pthumerian descendant in the final chalice dungeon is a real cunt.

Edited by ghOsty

Was getting frustrated with the grind in Dark Souls, so I'm taking a break and started on Skyrim. Played it for 12 hours yesterday. Save me.

why is the small one better ?

form factor of the dslite was perfect for me. like the colored face buttons on the smaller white one. supposedly the image looks stretched on the xl compared to standard. was never in a hurry to own a 3ds but would probably pick up a standard n3ds for <$150

Edited by juiceciuj

I am so jealous of all you guys who are making progress in/beating Bloodborne. I suck at it so bad, I just gave up, just like I did with the Souls games (all 3 of them).

I have been sticking to games that I can actually manage. Currently playing Guacamelee on Wii U. I love it. Combat is so fast and fun. It's just a well-made game.

Considering getting Arkham Knight, but I never finished Arkham City, so I may just go back and play that and wait until a GOTY version of AK comes out.

finally almost done with my replay of guacamelee with the new content on ps4. stupid e3 is probably gonna put me back into playing ffvii on steam... been listening to the ost for the last day and a half at work...

intermittently still playing ps4 street fighter 4. excited for the sf5 beta assuming it lets you use ps3 sticks. otherwise i won't bother

On every, or almost every, boss you can run to the fog gate from a lamp in less than a minute. You have to just run past the enemies on the way, but that is totally possible and usually works just fine (I always assumed this was by design, lining the 'path' the designers knew players would be retreading to try bosses again and again with easily-avoidable enemies).

Guest bitroast

Yeah. I think its part of the approach that the boss fights arent just isolated instances that you can get warp to, but that even with shortcuts there's stilla chunk of level/gameplay to trek through before getting to the boss. It's part of the game design to keep the boss more challenging.

Having said that, it's also sometimes an opportinity to stock up on health pickups and ammo before getting to the boss so you dont have to backtrack exactly.

Arkham Knight is pretty damn awesome so far, and I've barely even scratched the surface of the story. My fiancé helped me pay for a big chunk of it so as compensation I have to wait to progress the story while she's awake so she can watch (she actually likes watching me play games, which is pretty cool). I've just been having fun driving around in the batmobile and beating thugs up and doing a few of the AR Challenges. The city looks amazing, as a huge batman fan it's fucking great to see it fully designed! The batmobile is a bit tricky, but a tip was given to change the controls in the menu to "Toggle mode" and that helps immensely.

I've heard the PC port is running pretty poorly, and all the PC Master Race crowd have been shitting all over the game because of it. Well, it runs super smoothly on my PS4 and looks pretty fucking great, plus I got those exclusive Scarecrow missions to get to. I've been sitting here reading the bitching on Reddit and thinking,
tumblr_mljqitnK3D1s6hi0oo1_500.gif

Edited by ghOsty