IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah. I think its part of the approach that the boss fights arent just isolated instances that you can get warp to, but that even with shortcuts there's stilla chunk of level/gameplay to trek through before getting to the boss. It's part of the game design to keep the boss more challenging.

Having said that, it's also sometimes an opportinity to stock up on health pickups and ammo before getting to the boss so you dont have to backtrack exactly.

But the chunk of level is still just needless filler. By the third time or so you know the entire section by heart, so there's no challenge to overcome. Especially not when you can just run past everything. Sure it's not that big of a deal but that doesn't mean it should be there. Overall, the game seems to have "gotten away" with a lot of terrible design decisions that other, and more popular franchises, would've been slammed for. But in a Souls game theses things are just intentional design decisions to make the game more difficult... Not saying that it's a bad game in any way but it has some serious issues just like the games before it. Edited by Friendly Foil

The only argument I've ever heard that From Software games should be good, is that they are hard, but how can difficulty be a quality in itself if everything else in them is uniteresting?

It's like their games are not hold up to same standard as other games.

Edited by Npoess

The only argument I've ever heard that From Software games should be good, is that they are hard, but how can difficulty be a quality in itself if everything else in them is uniteresting?

Bloodborne has an amazon art direction and some of the best combat I've come across in a long time. Level design is (most of the time) also pretty fantastic. To be completely honest the difficulty is vastly overrated too, since I, who've never completed one of these games before, have defeated quite a few bosses in the first try and many of the others in less than five. BUT, I think I'm in the final areas at the moment and things have definitely taken a turn for the worse. The different areas aren't even properly connected anymore which was one of the best things about the first part. The menus are as horrible as they were in Dark Souls and the frame rate is all over the place, especially during co-op. Not to mention the bizarre fast-travel system that requires you to sit through two loading screens every time. You know, stuff that any other series would've caught plenty of flak for. But now that they've decided to annualize the series (which for some reason is also totally sweet in this case), maybe next year's game will fix these things?

Anyways I've been writing enough blog-ish posts about this game in here by now. So, tl;dr: It's a good game with some bad flaws that people for some reason choose to ignore. I'll be quiet now.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Bloodborne is pretty alright so far. Exploration and combat is sweet but the boss battles are just tedious and I feel the game would almost be better without them. It's like this annoying thing you have to pass every hour or so, just so you can get back to the actual cool stuff. At least they look cool. At least place a checkpoint or something before the boss rooms. Running the same route and killing the same enemies again and again is neither challenging nor fun. It's just annoying and tedious.

Overall I feel the game is great, perhaps even quite amazing when you're just exploring new areas, but it hardly makes every other game out there seem boring in comparison.

don't forget 2 use your bells, you get a lot of souls for helping people and if you find a hard boss, just call for help!

running the same route and killing the same enemies is part of the game how much it is frustrating it can also be fun

fuck i died and i left my 50000 bloodsouls out there i can still get em...fuck i'm dead again

right now i'm at nightmare of nemsis, i don't no where else to go and all i can do is run cause everything is killing me

Then you are weak - you need to level up, and make sure your Insight is not too high or the Brain Trust will rek you

Aside from necessary leveling, running past the first part from the elevator until you get to the entrance across the bridge actually isn't a bad idea to avoid the Frenzy missles and rock giants.... I'm so close to getting platinum on this game, but the fucking Pthumerian descendant in the final chalice dungeon is a real cunt.

Yeah, he's real fun, eh?

The main reason I'm not too fussed over Demon/Dark Souls is that I'm not fond of medieval aesthetics in general. Bloodbourne seems more palatable to me, and if they did a future world version, I'd be far more interested.

As for being hard, I thought it was really funny seeing some of the anger gamers radiated when it was rumoured an easy mode might be coming. Like, um, just keep playing it on hard? Why get angry about kid gloves if you're not going to wear them anyway?

So what is your favorite game console of all time?

Dreamcast, because nostalgia.

Yeah the Wii was badass, but I would go with N64, I played so much of that shit back in the day, the lineup was amazing;

Mario 64

Ocarina of Time

Starfox 64

Mario Kart 64

Blast Corps

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Majora's Mask

Perfect Dark

Golden Eye

Pokemon Stadium 2

Star Wars Racer

The New 3DS XL is a close second, currently my favorite hardware, it's an entire home console in your hands, with Netflix.

perfect dark was the game i played the most, and enjoyed the most in my entire life. when i finally got the last cheat, completing WAR on perfect agent mode in 1:03 or something ridiculous, i almost cried. those cheat time trials were hard beyond belief.

http://kotaku.com/warner-bros-says-theyre-suspending-arkham-knight-pc-sal-1713780990

fucking wow. wasn't interested in this game, especially not for pc, but these huge companies are really driving the point home of "don't buy on release day if you expect the game to work"

Yeah the Wii was badass, but I would go with N64, I played so much of that shit back in the day, the lineup was amazing;

Mario 64

Ocarina of Time

Starfox 64

Mario Kart 64

Blast Corps

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Majora's Mask

Perfect Dark

Golden Eye

Pokemon Stadium 2

Star Wars Racer

Super Smash Bros too - that has a special place in my heart. I liked the original Turok as well, mainly for the ridiculous enemy deaths and character animations.

Guest bitroast

http://kotaku.com/warner-bros-says-theyre-suspending-arkham-knight-pc-sal-1713780990

fucking wow. wasn't interested in this game, especially not for pc, but these huge companies are really driving the point home of "don't buy on release day if you expect the game to work"

And this is coming after mortal konbat x pc port was handled exclusively from netherrealms and supposedely botched.. Constantly being patched and having network issues..

WB entertainment?? Seems they dont give a fuck about pc..

looks hideous aesthetically but fun in the old school thps way. assume this will review and sell terribly then drop in price pretty rapidly. would probably pick up for <$20

metal gear solid

alien trilogy

tomb raider

tekken 2

formula one 99

wipeout

all blew me away many xmas,s ago,now THIS felt like next-gen

guess i'm a few years younger than you ;)

probably ps1 yeah.

ffvii, ffviii, ffix

mgs

tekken 3

wipeout xl

wipeou 3

twisted metal 2

sotn

megamans

fighting force

tenchu

resident evil 1 & 2

certainly more i'm forgetting

looks hideous aesthetically but fun in the old school thps way. assume this will review and sell terribly then drop in price pretty rapidly. would probably pick up for

Is this a ps2 game ? wtf graphics

Man, whatever the series has become now I don't know, but Tony Hawk 2 + 3 back in the day were the shit. No wonder almost every kid for years became a skateboarder.

Man, whatever the series has become now I don't know, but Tony Hawk 2 + 3 back in the day were the shit. No wonder almost every kid for years became a skateboarder.

It was all about 4 + THUG for me. THUG was a masterpiece... Until the Skate games came out and destroyed any hope of me playing a Tony Hawks game again.