IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

This actually looks really good for a Wii U download title:

wow it actually does. looks somewhere between wipeout and f-zero. definitely on my radar. surprised nintendo didn't just pay to rebrand this as f-zero

So what is your favorite game console of all time?

NEO·GEO AES:

do you own one, joy ?

Sadly, DID - I sold it all off in my early 20's to buy a car. I was a NEO·GEO fanatic - I had the gold system, 38 games (yes, do the math) and even ran a fanzine that got SNK's attention (it was my first foray into fandom stuff which lead to WATMM eventually).

When I look at how much the games are worth now, and beyond that, just how amazing the box art and overall quality of the whole thing was... I really regret it. I'm pretty sure if I didn't get out of gaming in my early 20's to start a family, career, etc. I probably would be running some sort of gaming site nowadays...

NEO·GEO AES:

do you own one, joy ?

Sadly, DID - I sold it all off in my early 20's to buy a car. I was a NEO·GEO fanatic - I had the gold system, 38 games (yes, do the math) and even ran a fanzine that got SNK's attention (it was my first foray into fandom stuff which lead to WATMM eventually).

When I look at how much the games are worth now, and beyond that, just how amazing the box art and overall quality of the whole thing was... I really regret it. I'm pretty sure if I didn't get out of gaming in my early 20's to start a family, career, etc. I probably would be running some sort of gaming site nowadays...

that's really cool

I'm going with PS1 as well. Most of my reasoning come from MGS and FF7, but FF8, FF9, Bushido Blade, Epidemic, Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Dino Crisis, Spyro the Dragon, Treasures of the Deep, and Tekken come to mind too.

I also loved getting demo discs and trying out new games through that medium. There was always hidden content on them too.

A close second is PS2 for like a million reasons.

Guest bitroast

played dark souls. beat dark souls, played bloodborne. beat bloodborne, played demons souls.

just last night beat demons souls :):)

feel like a massive weight been taken off my shoulders. was feeling pretty addicted to these games and wasnt wanting to give up until the main games were completed. dark souls and demons souls in particular had been sitting on my shelf unfinished for a long time. the ending to demons souls is so good too. all worth it.

now ... literally no idea what to play next ..

I finally got around to starting BioShock Infinite yesterday, after snagging it back in the Steam holiday sale for a couple of quid.

Can't describe how much it's already blown me away. This is without a doubt the first time I have ever been properly immersed into a game world. It was almost as if I could smell my surroundings. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the sound design is stellar (some of the best I've heard in any game) and the gameplay/combat mechanisms don't feel as clunky as they did with the previous BioShock games. Very impressed so far!

Also, my rig seems to handle it pretty well. I'm managing to run the game on Ultra settings at 2560x1440. Sometimes the framerate dips a little, but most of the time it's a fairly smooth experience.

looks hideous aesthetically but fun in the old school thps way. assume this will review and sell terribly then drop in price pretty rapidly. would probably pick up for <$20

I hope to god this turns out okay. I owned a copy of every single Tony Hawk game up until Proving Ground, then completely gave up on the series once they introduced that shitty board peripheral. The graphics on this new one are ugly indeed, but if they manage to nail the old-school THPS gameplay that I fell in love with, then we're onto a winner. It's just a shame that I won't have anything to fucking play it on. :sad:

I finally got around to starting BioShock Infinite yesterday, after snagging it back in the Steam holiday sale for a couple of quid.

Can't describe how much it's already blown me away. This is without a doubt the first time I have ever been properly immersed into a game world. It was almost as if I could smell my surroundings. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the sound design is stellar (some of the best I've heard in any game) and the gameplay/combat mechanisms don't feel as clunky as they did with the previous BioShock games. Very impressed so far!

Also, my rig seems to handle it pretty well. I'm managing to run the game on Ultra settings at 2560x1440. Sometimes the framerate dips a little, but most of the time it's a fairly smooth experience.

looks hideous aesthetically but fun in the old school thps way. assume this will review and sell terribly then drop in price pretty rapidly. would probably pick up for <$20

I hope to god this turns out okay. I owned a copy of every single Tony Hawk game up until Proving Ground, then completely gave up on the series once they introduced that shitty board peripheral. The graphics on this new one are ugly indeed, but if they manage to nail the old-school THPS gameplay that I fell in love with, then we're onto a winner. It's just a shame that I won't have anything to fucking play it on. :sad:

Me too, I always bought new TH games, Proving Grounds was the last one.

I wouldn't mind getting into the series again, but this new one simply looks too bland.

The Skate games are much better though, probably time for a new one of those.

Edited by Npoess

Kirby Wii U (rainbow curse/paintbrush). Beat the main game in about 6/6 and a half hours which was exactly what I wanted from it. Going back and getting the treasure/collectables I missed and gold staring the levels. Started some of the challenges too and they are pretty damn challenging! Going to be tough to beat all of them. Really nice game. Great visuals and music (shame to have to keep your eye on the gamepad while playing, the game looks AMAZON on the TV in full HD). Gameplay is responsive and solid and the level design is really good. Think this will be (is?) a shamefully overlooked game for the Wii U.

Ordered the new Yoshi as well which should arrive tomorrow.

Also downloaded Links Awakening DX and A Link To The Past for 3ds/Wii U for free using my Nintendo points before they expire. Links Awakening DX was the first game I ever had so I'm looking forward to replaying it.

Me too, I always bought new TH games, Proving Grounds was the last one.

I wouldn't mind getting into the series again, but this new one simply looks too bland.

The Skate games are much better though, probably time for a new one of those.

The Skate games were ace. I remember playing a demo of the first one when it came out and hating it, but after 20 mins I was proper hooked. Ended up buying (and loving) em all.

Can't really say if it's better or worse than the TH series. Both fun as fuck. I suppose TH has nostalgia as an advantage, so I'm def more attached to those.

Borderlands 2 again, this time as the Commando. I still haven't played any DLCs beyond Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. As tacky and cartoonish a lot of the game's aesthetics are, it's so damn addictive.

Played a little RE4 again the other day as well, but I had mouse lag issues with both games until last night, thanks to a rather simple hardware fix.

Still playing Marvellous Miss Take, an excellent stealth game. Helps me to fill the gap that I won't be filling with any of the future MGS games. I IS DONE KOJIMA :wtf:

My next city is coming along nicely:

2015-06-30_00001.jpg

You'll notice a rash of some kind around the base of the city. This is normal in the first stages of growth.

2015-06-30_00002.jpg

2015-06-30_00003.jpg

This section is lovingly referred to by residents as 'Cum-de-sac'

2015-06-30_00004.jpg

Edited by Bechuga

I've found myself drawn back to RESOGUN (PS4 launch game from Housemarque) - the weekly challenges as well as all the extra stuff they added in have made it a twin-stick shooter I keep coming back to over and over...

played dark souls. beat dark souls, played bloodborne. beat bloodborne, played demons souls.

feel like a massive weight been taken off my shoulders. was feeling pretty addicted to these games and wasnt wanting to give up until the main games were completed. dark souls and demons souls in particular had been sitting on my shelf unfinished for a long time. the ending to demons souls is so good too. all worth it.

DS2SotFS obviously! That's probably what I'm gonna get at after NG+/dungeon completion in Bloodborne. I also have The Last of Us sitting on my hard drive, untouched...

Sent using magic space waves

But also yeah, the ending of Demon's Souls is great. Can't wait to do it again one day when I can get another PS3 and try to focus on the World Tendency system more.

DS2SotFS obviously! That's probably what I'm gonna get at after NG+/dungeon completion in Bloodborne. I also have The Last of Us sitting on my hard drive, untouched...

But also yeah, the ending of Demon's Souls is great. Can't wait to do it again one day when I can get another PS3 and try to focus on the World Tendency system more.

Or better yet they release a PS4 edition of Demon's Souls...

Guest bitroast

the only thing i want a re-release of demon's souls for is hopefully some more focused singular servers.

as i can tell it, demons souls is currently spread across 3 servers dependant on which distributor released the game (atlus, namco bandai.. think there was a 3rd one). either that or the co-op community is practically dead or impossible to use in that game. either way, the game holds up great today and a re-release improving the online features + fixing the few little weird bugs (being able to kill one of the bosses by standing at the fog gate and shooting arrows xD) would make it a great game to re-visit. perfect time to cash in on that dark souls, bloodborne hype :)

@auxien. i've tried dark souls 2 and i just couldn't get into it .. it took over an hour of meandering around doing nothing and watching cutscenes before i found some enemies and they were all over powered and boring to fight. i still plan on playing dark souls 2 at some point but it didn't grab me (at all!) like the other games did.

Edited by bitroast

The problem I have with DkS2 is the "floaty" combat. All of the other Souls games, including Bloodborne, have a much tighter combat system. I wonder if Miyazaki not directing DkS2 was the reason for this.

For example, try to accurately land a rolling attack in DkS2 in any direction. It's basically impossible.

The problem I have with DkS2 is the "floaty" combat. All of the other Souls games, including Bloodborne, have a much tighter combat system. I wonder if Miyazaki not directing DkS2 was the reason for this.

For example, try to accurately land a rolling attack in DkS2 in any direction. It's basically impossible.

Miyazaki not directing DkS2 is the reason behind everything that sucks in this game. Level design above all.

started playing witcher 3 again, reached the "final boss" of this dungeon/quest with no food left, broken armor/weapons and no potions or ways to heal myself. almost rage quit several times before finally beating him on the 20th try or something. not sure if i suck or if it's that im only level 6.