IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah i've heard the same thing. for some reason tho i can't put it down tho. i feel obliged to stick with it and inch my way through to the end..

It's not very long so it won't be too much of an effort to slog through. I played it on ps2 as well a few years ago and I agree its not that great. Was a kinda fun story and the dream(?) sequences were pretty trippy.

Guest bitroast

indeed. always came across humble and likeable from his online presence (nintendo directs + iwata asks) to what others in industry had to say about him.

Edited by bitroast

sweet god i am STILL finishing up da: inquisition. i had to take a break for a while... so many tiny quests. i'm giving up on the side crap and just getting through the last bits of the story tomorrow. i need to move on with my life ffs.

that said, it's a fun game

and on the subject of life-sucking time sinks, has anyone here played the mmo "The Repopulation"? I used to really like Anarchy Online (lol) when it first came out and this looks like a souped up, deeper version of the same idea, though it mostly gets compared to SWG. i'm intrigued.

Guest bitroast

not sure actually. i know he helped out with programming on some games and helped out behind the scenes without being credited so much but not sure so much on the pokemon games...

watching this atm. (parts 2 onwards can be found in the related vids).

He started off in Nintendo as a programmer. Usual anecdotes I hear is that he rewrote Earthbound from scratch, ported the Pokemon battle code to Pokemon Stadium in a week without documentation, and after Gamefreak filled up cart space for Pokemon Gold/Silver, he compressed their work enough to allow for more content to be put in. Super smart dude, yet so humble. Really sad to read about his passing, 55 is a little too young for this day and age.

He started off in Nintendo as a programmer. Usual anecdotes I hear is that he rewrote Earthbound from scratch, ported the Pokemon battle code to Pokemon Stadium in a week without documentation, and after Gamefreak filled up cart space for Pokemon Gold/Silver, he compressed their work enough to allow for more content to be put in. Super smart dude, yet so humble. Really sad to read about his passing, 55 is a little too young for this day and age.

wow. never heard any of that before. seems like an alright dude. rip

Getting into Payday 2 again, this time on the PC and I'm mostly terrible. Kinda sucks that playing solo is not factored for, as the AI don't carry any loot for you or do much else. Fun otherwise.

through most of "disc2" on steam ffvii. forgot how tedious it is to do the chocobo breeding. trying to breed a black male but keep getting a female which is super obnoxious since i can't figure out how to soft reset the steam release and efficiently tick the rng

had some mates over last nite and played a little cod which was quickly discarded to play mario party 10 and culminated with what is probably the best local multiplayer game out right now, rocket league. holy shit that game's rad

through most of "disc2" on steam ffvii. forgot how tedious it is to do the chocobo breeding. trying to breed a black male but keep getting a female which is super obnoxious since i can't figure out how to soft reset the steam release and efficiently tick the rng

had some mates over last nite and played a little cod which was quickly discarded to play mario party 10 and culminated with what is probably the best local multiplayer game out right now, rocket league. holy shit that game's rad

Just platinumed Rocket League last night... amazingly fun game.

Also bought and downloaded Balloon Fight... because Iwata.

used to rock some balloon fight when on vacation in nc. there was a communal nes at our family cabin with a bunch of odd nes titles that i never saw outside of there (gumshoe, chubby cherub, little nemo)

Guest bitroast

Ahh little nemo. Something about them tilesets and overall game thats so weird and bubbly and nostalgic ^~^

pretty shit game tho ...

still lovely tho ...

Ahh little nemo. Something about them tilesets and overall game thats so weird and bubbly and nostalgic ^~^

pretty shit game tho ...

still lovely tho ...

Yeah, it was an odd era for Capcom NES games - some were really good (Ducktales, Mega Man), some were meh (Nemo, NES Strider, Bionic Commando)

Guest bitroast

wait ...

capcom ???

no .. What am i thinking of ??

heh. Not little nemo.. Some other game with kid in pyjamas and the first level is a big open kind of castle area and its really cryptic.. Couldve sworn that was little nemo hehehe.