IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Prove me wrong if I am mistaken, but...

Do we even know any actual details about the dissolve between Hideo Kojima and Konami. Is there any proof Konami are the ones to blame? I have heard not-so-cool stories about Kojima as well. It's easy to choose your side when you compare a declining greedy company with an excellent game director.

We don't of course, mostly hearsay. From what I've seen though--the MGS 4 documentary for one--any ire Kojima inflicts upon his bosses is a stubborn demand for quality control over everything else, even if it pushes the game back. Whether this was the case for MGS V, no idea.

But regardless, seems a pretty dick move to enforce a media blackout on Kojima, as well as remove his name from everything. I can't imagine Kojima having done something bad enough to justify such actions, the worst thing he does in life is buy novels in Engish he can't read (he likes the covers). We don't know the reasons, maybe never will.

I should point out I wasn't going to play MGS V regardless of the brouhaha, I'm pretty much done with the series. And I'm a HUGE MGS fan.

just ordered bloodborne for $30 as part of their dumbshit prime day bullshit shit shopping holiday extravaganza shit. was waiting on that pricepoint. lightning deal thing that's only live for a few more minutes fyi

Prove me wrong if I am mistaken, but...

Do we even know any actual details about the dissolve between Hideo Kojima and Konami. Is there any proof Konami are the ones to blame? I have heard not-so-cool stories about Kojima as well. It's easy to choose your side when you compare a declining greedy company with an excellent game director.

I think you're right. We don't know anything for sure, but I've read and heard rumors that Kojima is stubborn as fuck. Maybe he didn't want his name affiliated with Konami anymore because they kept pushing him to make more and more MGS games?

At least, now he gets to work on whatever he wants. He can pitch an idea and because he's Kojima, people will throw money at him. At least I'd think so.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ninja Gaiden 2. It was fun as hell when it wasn't being unfair as hell. The boss that explodes after you beat it, killing you if you aren't prepared? The werewolves who throw corpses and body parts of the guys you previously killed? The rocket launchers that can hit you from behind a mountain? Such unfairness! I'm surprised I actually beat the game because it pissed me off so much.

THIS! The first game on the Xbox original is definitely one of my favorite action games. I really enjoyed the second game until I was forced into countless unfair situations. The life gauge and dismemberment systems were nice additions, but the frustrations due to the cheap difficulty outweighed those improvements overall. I was at a point where 3 huge mechas were simultaneously fighting me at the speed of light while a few soldiers were sniping me with their rocket launchers. Then I ragequit. lol.

I think you quit where I quit the first time, the Vigoor capital. That was pure hell and I didn't come back to the game for about 4 years. I was lucky to finally beat that area after retrying years later. I'm glad I'm not the only one to give up at that point in the game.

the only game I have ever literally given up on out of sheer frustration/wtf how do I play this, was X3: The Reunion. that game was broken as fuck.

edit: but so pretty

702135-927012_20051130_003.jpg

Edited by usagi

i did a thing

[youtubehd]tDwigW9wLHA[/youtubehd]

(sorry)

Perfect!

But holy hell, when I reached that part of the game I skipped that song like a motherfucker.

Guest bitroast

the only game I have ever literally given up on out of sheer frustration/wtf how do I play this, was X3: The Reunion. that game was broken as fuck.

oooh. i was always skeptical of this game when i first saw it, seeing as it essentially looked like a 3D modeled refacing of FTL, and how FTL is so dependent on getting the little details and scalings and randomness and everything right. there's alot more to FTL being fun than just a clean visual look (which is evident by how shoddy and primitive FTL kind of looks. tbh)

shame the game didn't come together :(

oooh. i was always skeptical of this game when i first saw it, seeing as it essentially looked like a 3D modeled refacing of FTL, and how FTL is so dependent on getting the little details and scalings and randomness and everything right. there's alot more to FTL being fun than just a clean visual look (which is evident by how shoddy and primitive FTL kind of looks. tbh)

shame the game didn't come together :(

X3 can be pretty mindblowing in its scope... if you're willing to pore over player-made guides and videos. It's an incredibly unhelpful game, it makes Souls/Bloodborne look like they came with a full manual.

It's a shame about Kojima Productions, but some of the greatest games ever made, has had very troubled development - I remember reading long that games like the original Bioshock, Half-Life 2 for example were hell to make. Sometimes creating some truly amazing and masterpiece worthy demands a lot of conflict, sweat, blood and tears.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-17-the-true-story-of-bioshock

So this might sound weird, but that fact that MGS5 has had trouble development, kind of makes me more excited for it. But I'm very excited for that game, from everything I've seen, I'm confident it will be something special.

Edited by Npoess

^ Quake had a similar troubled history. That engine pushed videogame tech ahead virtually lightyears, but the amount of work and stress put into it practically destroyed Carmack and Romero. Masters of Doom is a great read on id's early years.

Switching between a ton of vidjas atm. Started a new playthrough in DA Inquisition, helping random people with bosses in Bloodborne, Rocket League (!), Watch Dogs, AC Unity, etc. They're all great. Especially Watch Dogs with that sweet survival minigame.

Finished Fallout 3, moving onto the DLC in a little bit (should start Fallout 4 around the year 2026). Currently getting my Metroidvania fix from the fabulous Axiom Verge - only 3 hours in, and just found my first 'secret' area, I get the feeling it's all gonna get a bit wild shortly !

Anyone with PS plus who hasn't downloaded Rocket League yet, do that shit ASAP, it's ridiculously fun. Probably the best PS plus I've got yet.

Edited by Npoess

Anyone with PS plus who hasn't downloaded Rocket League yet, do that shit ASAP, it's ridiculously fun. Probably the best PS plus I've got yet.

Been playing this on PC for the past few days. Since I really should be studying, it's quite frustratingly awesome.

Guest Enter a new display name

Finished Fallout 3, moving onto the DLC in a little bit (should start Fallout 4 around the year 2026). Currently getting my Metroidvania fix from the fabulous Axiom Verge - only 3 hours in, and just found my first 'secret' area, I get the feeling it's all gonna get a bit wild shortly !

Coincidentally I just started playing this game for the first time a few days ago. My character is quite weak and I lack of resources, but I guess I will eventually catch up as I progress in the game.

tascam released an update to my soundcard so i can get sound out of something other than my daw. now i can actually play fallout that i got from the steam sale. except i'm finishing ffvii, bloodborne should arrive today, street fighter 5 beta in a week or so, mgsv soon after that...

eh maybe i'll play it someday

Just finished BioShock.

So uh...... Is BioShock 2 more of the same?

I thought BioShock 2 was pretty awesome as well tho a lot of people weren't as in to it as 1. It's kind of more of the same, but you see the world from another perspective and it changes everything imo. BioShock 1/2 are amazing games. Might be worth replaying them myself actually.

bioshock is in my top 10 best games of all times list. i don't think i played more than 1/3 of bioshock 2.

i'd recommend going straight to bioshock infinite instead.

Just finished BioShock.

So uh...... Is BioShock 2 more of the same?

I thought BioShock 2 was pretty awesome as well tho a lot of people weren't as in to it as 1. It's kind of more of the same, but you see the world from another perspective and it changes everything imo. BioShock 1/2 are amazing games. Might be worth replaying them myself actually.

I actually wasn't that impressed by BioShock. I mean, it starts out very great at the beginning how you enter the city and you get introduced to things. But when the game really starts, idk. Dispensers, dispensers, dispensers... Same modeled enemies re-recurring throughout the game, and all that respawning... Idk, the game kept reminding me of its generica. I can ususally play an old game for the first time and not question why it was so popular. But I don't understand what the big deal was with this one. I didn't hate it or anything, I just felt a bit underwhelmed.

I guess it doesn't have a bad atmosphere. And some things are pretty crazy. And I did find it interesting how the story was build around Ayn Rand ideas and philosophy. Boy, what a silly lady.