IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Enter a new display name

Just finished BioShock.

So uh...... Is BioShock 2 more of the same?

I thought BioShock 2 was pretty awesome as well tho a lot of people weren't as in to it as 1. It's kind of more of the same, but you see the world from another perspective and it changes everything imo. BioShock 1/2 are amazing games. Might be worth replaying them myself actually.

I actually wasn't that impressed by BioShock. I mean, it starts out very great at the beginning how you enter the city and you get introduced to things. But when the game really starts, idk. Dispensers, dispensers, dispensers... Same modeled enemies re-recurring throughout the game, and all that respawning... Idk, the game kept reminding me of its generica. I can ususally play an old game for the first time and not question why it was so popular. But I don't understand what the big deal was with this one. I didn't hate it or anything, I just felt a bit underwhelmed.

I guess it doesn't have a bad atmosphere. And some things are pretty crazy. And I did find it interesting how the story was build around Ayn Rand ideas and philosophy. Boy, what a silly lady.

Those are exactly my thoughts on the game. It starts great but the satisfaction you get out of looting and exploring quickly gets repetitive.

BioShock is all atmosphere and story. The gameplay is what it is - and it's actually better in BioShock 2 - but both games are definitely worth playing. Especially BioShock Infinite. Man, that was one god damn special game. Like, god damn!

I thought the gameplay in Infinite was a massive disappointment, very repetitive and uninspired shooter, especially compared to the original. Same disappointment was felt of the huge graphical downgrade on the final product, which was quite noticeable.

Not saying it is bad, it had a cool story and everything and had one of the best video game endings I've ever seen, but ultimately I felt it was a huge disappointment.

The original on the other hand is one of the greatest games ever made, no doubt. The sequel is fun, but nothing special and a bit forgettable. But it's more Bioshock, so if you liked the original it is worth playing - don't expect to be blown away though. I feel your enjoyment of that game depends on your expectations, it's no Bioshock, but it's still a fun game if you take it for what it is.

Edited by Npoess

Coincidentally I just started playing this game for the first time a few days ago. My character is quite weak and I lack of resources, but I guess I will eventually catch up as I progress in the game.

Definitely gets easier as the game goes on - towards the end I felt like flipping Arnie blasting his way through the police station on Terminator 1, especially with my rather hardcore follower.

*Fawkes sights radroach*

"YEEEEHAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHH"

*Gatling laser winds up*

BZZZZZZZZZ-PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

*radroach expires in fiery ionic death*

"I WIN AGAIN!"

:dry: "fucking stop that, Fawkes."

Don't like it when he goes wild at molerats and dogs - Damnit Fawkes, they're on our side now ....

He's not liking the summer heat at the mo either

CJbZxojWoAEkIWJ.png

evo 2015 has started. should be a really good show for sf4 with all the international players vying for that capcom cup cash. tekken 7 will be interesting if anyone from the west breaks top 8 since they just landed some arcades here in like the last two weeks meanwhile the games been out in asia since march. basically the highest stakes tekken tournament ever since they're starting their own namco cup. will be interesting to see the koreans vs the japanese. will probably watch marvel finals for shits and giggles

main info hub: http://shoryuken.com/live-coverage-of-evo-2015/

Fawkes was awesome, his voice actor reminded me of the fat orange guy from Grim Fandango. It gave me the warm fuzzies.

Also: Send help, I can't stop playing Payday 2, my legs have atrophied

So I started Rouge Legacy last night, has had that lying on the HD for months without ever touching it, then I ended up playing it for like 5 hours last night - this game is really fun, quite surprised actually, didn't expect it to be anything special.

Guest kymppinetti

New Fallout 4 gameplay video... well, mostly new.

it seems flashy and all, but i ain't satisfied. looks just like another fps. we'll see,

Fawkes was awesome, his voice actor reminded me of the fat orange guy from Grim Fandango. It gave me the warm fuzzies.

Also: Send help, I can't stop playing Payday 2, my legs have atrophied

Did you know you can play as John Wick?

Who's John Wick? Looked more like Keanu Reeves to me

it seems flashy and all, but i ain't satisfied. looks just like another fps. we'll see,

Did you like Fallout 3? If yes, then I think you'll like this one as well.

By the way, I really like the music in that gameplay video.

Guest kymppinetti

Did you like Fallout 3? If yes, then I think you'll like this one as well.

By the way, I really like the music in that gameplay video.

well it was decent i guess, but a huge let down. i love bethesda and their ES series. and yes i know that the studio spended countless of hours to develop comeback for the fallout, but in the end the game was just ok. like it was made by some cheap game studio. they could have created something really great, the game only touched the surface of bethesda potential. lol like i know something about making games.