IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Ok so it's a new expansion, the Grand Tournament. 130 new cards, the ones showcased so far look very suspicious. Lots of synergy with the hero power, and the mage and hunter ones looked ridiculously overpowered, but most of them are too slow for the current meta as they have no immediate board impact. They're trying to save Shaman with a 2 mana 3/4 with 1 overload, but that's not going to save the inconsistencies of the rest of the class. No nerfs announced, which is absolutely outrageous. Dr boom and patron need fixing, but the latter is selling BRM wings so I guess it's not going to happen. Still can't understand who the fuck thought hunter and mage needed more help, and another fucking giant for handlock. the one new pirate card looked fun but won't likely spawn a new pirate meta.

Edited by chim

Downloaded a demo of Tembo The Badass Elephant last night - haven't played it yet (my son is hogging the PS4 for Rocket League), but looks REALLY fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcP_q5j9yY

Is there more to it than smashing thru walls? I love GameFreak and always try to pick up their titles but this is the first time they've excluded handhelds.

Playing Zombie U. I don't usually play scary/horror games so it's a nice change of pace for me. It's more linear/story driven than I expected. Kinda reminds me of BioShock strangely. I like the death mechanic (dying means being turned into a zombie and restarting as another character, then having to kill that previous character if you want to get your lost gear from them). Pretty cool to see where other players have died and then bashing their Zombies too. Dark Souls like, almostkindasortaish.

Guest bitroast

aww yeah.

http://www.destructoid.com/del-toro-and-kojima-still-plan-on-working-together-296608.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that's not going to be [silent Hills]," director Guillermo del Toro said in an interview with IGN.

Downloaded a demo of Tembo The Badass Elephant last night - haven't played it yet (my son is hogging the PS4 for Rocket League), but looks REALLY fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcP_q5j9yY

Is there more to it than smashing thru walls? I love GameFreak and always try to pick up their titles but this is the first time they've excluded handhelds.

Is that an intentional design choice for pacing or does the frame rate drop to shit whenever any of the collisions take place?!

Pro-gamers will now be subject to drug tests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33650486

" "I think it's a big problem, if the sport is going to be taken seriously," said Tom Phillips, deputy news editor for the Eurogamer website."

If drugs are getting involved, doesn't that mean it's now an official sport? Doesn't seem like a real sporting event until people start doping up to win.

Edited by Bechuga

aww yeah.

http://www.destructoid.com/del-toro-and-kojima-still-plan-on-working-together-296608.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that's not going to be [silent Hills]," director Guillermo del Toro said in an interview with IGN.

There is hope! I'd hope that whatever they end up creating ends up being true to the original creepy vision they had, and less constrained even by not having to tie it into the Silent Hill franchise...

Guest kymppinetti

i've bought ESO on the steam sales. it's like they say, not an elders scrolls game, but another mmo.

i'm not yet done with the game, i'll give another shot.

Pro-gamers will now be subject to drug tests

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33650486

" "I think it's a big problem, if the sport is going to be taken seriously," said Tom Phillips, deputy news editor for the Eurogamer website."

If drugs are getting involved, doesn't that mean it's now an official sport? Doesn't seem like a real sporting event until people start doping up to win.

:facepalm:

Just the word pro-gamer makes me cringe.

Edited by Npoess

Completed Assassin's Creed Unity a few days ago. The story at least. I guess the many patches since launch helped a fair deal, because outside of the clunky controls I didn't see much wrong with it. It looks amazing and to me it felt like a nice return to the style of the older games, with mostly everything taking place in one big city. Looking forward to playing the DLC they gave away for free and all the side stuff. ALSO decided to pick up AC Rogue for cheap and am enjoying it so far. Pretty much just a re-skin of Black Flag but that was a super duper game to begin with so it's fine. The icy environments are amazing.

Really looking forward to Syndicate now.

Guest bitroast

currently playing klonoa 2 and really enjoying it:):) everything about it has a lovely level of polish, from the colourful levels to the synthy quirk soundtrack. top stuff. reminds me of the recent nintendo first party style colourful games on wii u (toads treasure man, yoshis woolly world) but with a bit more emphasis on stumping the player with puzzles and lack of reliance on reusing old designs and tropes. the game shines with originality. (altho i still am looking forward to going back and playing yoshi wii u from start to finish).

Loved the Klonoa games, that sort of 2.5 dimension where the focus is on gameplay rather than camera. Did you play Pandemonium also? A sort of similar thing played like Castle of Illusion. A guilty pleasure of mine is also a game called One on the PS1 which contains lots of that neon particle effect (seen in G-Police, Colony Wars, Metal Gear Solid) that the PS1 did with ease.

Guest bitroast

have played Pandemonium but not fully or to the end. is sitting on PS3 harddrive so might give it another crack.

up next.. have my eyes either on Klonoa 1 or Yoshi's Woolly World.. or maybe Pandemonium^.. maybe One :):)

it's cool in klonoa when the puzzles involve keeping an eye on something happening in the background but the level wraps around to make it easier to progress forward but still keep eye on important stuff because the level is wrapping around. cool shit :)