IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Man, that N++ soundtrack, good excuse try the shareplay thing for the first time to demonstrate how good the music is

ps. kinda suck in this clip

Edited by Npoess

have a couple of keys for the rising thunder alpha if anyone's interested. pm if interested

new f2p fighting game by seth killian and the cannon brothers (guys who run evo). main philosophy behind it is strip out the complicated inputs to lower the execution barrier and have players spend more time fighting their opponents than the controls.

i think the only pay elements are supposed to be cosmetic but we'll see how that plays out ultimately

Don't necessarily expect any response to this post, but I've been "farming" the shit out of Pyro Pete the Invincible in Borderlands 2 for the past week, seeing what kind of Legendary goodies he'd drop. Even tho he doesn't drop them every time, Purple loot is usually good enough.

Soon as I get t tired of doing that I think I'll start a new Fallout: NV playthough w/ the Project Nevada mod. Pretty good mod, in that on top of some new guns and weapon mods you can get cybernetic implants, and not just from Dr. Usanagi. As before, I won't buy any new games until probably October, specifically when Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 pre-loading becomes available.

I can't decide if I should buy The Witcher 3, at the moment I have all the time in the world for a massive game like that, so the timing would be great.

But I'm usually really not into fantasy stuff, but I liked Skyrim quite a bit.

So if there's anyone who is playing it: is The Witcher 3 another case of you not having to be into fantasy types of games in order for you to like it?

Edited by Npoess

I can't decide if I should buy The Witcher 3, at the moment I have all the time in the world for a massive game like that, so the timing would be great.

So if there's anyone who is playing it: is The Witcher 3 another case of you not having to be into fantasy types of games in order for you to like it?

I'd say so, yeah. The universe is extremely immersive unlike any other game I've ever tried. Also, atmosphere is fantastic. They've somehow managed to create a nature that is so much more alive than any other nature you've ever experienced. I think it's because of their wind system and the lighting effects they've got going on. It's really hard to explain actually. You'll know what I mean once you see it.

Also, the missions in the game are huge. Side quests can end up taking hours, because they keep expanding story-wise. I simple "find the killer" mission can end up leading to something unforseen.

Also, I love the fact that it's a mature game. It's a game that delves in a mature fantasy universe, so you'll see a bunch of decapitations and bewbs. It doesn't hold itself back and I resepct that.

Also...

KW1ZKMS.jpg

Guest cult fiction

Been playing Neverending Nightmares... not perfect(it can be a little boring) but the best art style of any game I've seen in a long time. Must have for any horror fan.

2237351-NEN_006_50328_.jpg

I'd say so, yeah. The universe is extremely immersive unlike any other game I've ever tried. Also, atmosphere is fantastic. They've somehow managed to create a nature that is so much more alive than any other nature you've ever experienced. I think it's because of their wind system and the lighting effects they've got going on. It's really hard to explain actually. You'll know what I mean once you see it.

Also, the missions in the game are huge. Side quests can end up taking hours, because they keep expanding story-wise. I simple "find the killer" mission can end up leading to something unforseen.

Also, I love the fact that it's a mature game. It's a game that delves in a mature fantasy universe, so you'll see a bunch of decapitations and bewbs. It doesn't hold itself back and I resepct that.

Also...

KW1ZKMS.jpg

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing, that the side quest stuff is supposedly insanely good. And good exploration aspects is always a huge seller for me. I've even heard some calling in one of best RPGs ever made, but I'm not sure I believe that to be true.

I just don't hope it has too much stereotypical and silly fantasy story elements about dwarfs, elfs and whatever, that stuff I can't handle, and that easy to ignore in Skyrim. The more mature aspects sounds interesting, as long as it isn't just for shock and sensationalistic purposes as in Game of Thrones.

I've also heard it has a bit of functional issues because of latest updates? - is it unplayable at the moment?

Anyway, I think I will buy it tomorrow, I've not heard anyone call it bad yet, seems almost universally praised everywhere (even despite the functional and polish issues).

Edited by Npoess

Also...

KW1ZKMS.jpg

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing, that the side quest stuff is supposedly insanely good. And good exploration aspects is always a huge seller for me. I've even heard some calling in one of best RPGs ever made, but I'm not sure I believe that to be true.

I just don't hope it has too much stereotypical and silly fantasy story elements about dwarfs, elfs and whatever, that stuff I can't handle, and that easy to ignore in Skyrim. The more mature aspects sounds interesting, as long as it isn't just for shock and sensationalistic purposes as in Game of Thrones.

I've also heard it has a bit of functional issues because of latest updates? - is it unplayable at the moment?

Anyway, I think I will buy it tomorrow, I've not heard anyone call it bad yet, seems almost universally praised everywhere (even despite the functional and polish issues).

Weeeell, there are dwarves, elves, mages and all that shit, but they're not spoon feeding it to you. They're there and they're a part of the world and they I love the approach they've taken with it because for instance, there's a city in the game that's insanely racist so they ban all the mages and elves so that ends up being part of the story.

I really like the mature aspects because they down overdo it. They don't fill the screen with genitals and smear breasts all over your face. If you go to a bath you'll see naked people because that's a thing and that's it. I was afraid it was going to be all pubescent, but they seem to have done a pretty good job at making it a part of the "natural" scenary if that makes any sense.

Played MGS: Ground Zeroes today... good but frustrating.

frustrating how? it is harder than previous mgs's for sure. especially at first when you're adjusting to the fact that enemy soldiers can actually see you from far away. definitely makes successful sneaking feel more earned. i adjusted pretty quickly though (at least i think i did...)

Played MGS: Ground Zeroes today... good but frustrating.

frustrating how? it is harder than previous mgs's for sure. especially at first when you're adjusting to the fact that enemy soldiers can actually see you from far away. definitely makes successful sneaking feel more earned. i adjusted pretty quickly though (at least i think i did...)

Never played an MGS game before so this is my first dive into that universe. I've watched them play it on GiantBomb though. Anyway, it controls better than expected given that it's a Japanese game, but I think it's the way it's structured. The menus are a fucking trainwreck and so are some of the controls. For instance, you have to hold down three buttons in order to interrogate a guard.

good luck trying to interrogate a guard in mgs3, n00b. really though i think the convolution in the controls stems from them wanting to give you a greater amount of freedom with your actions.

Anyway, it controls better than expected given that it's a Japanese game

lol what?

good luck trying to interrogate a guard in mgs3, n00b. really though i think the convolution in the controls stems from them wanting to give you a greater amount of freedom with your actions.

Anyway, it controls better than expected given that it's a Japanese game

lol what?

I really don't like Japanese games. Especially not the ones from the past 7-8 years ;)

that's the dubmest thing i have heard since

Well, I've never really been into any of the Final Fantasy games or MGS games. Of course, Nintendo has put out some awesome games, but.. I dunno, games are starting to bore me.

Let's just be honest, Japanese games have been on a decline for quite a while.

I'm excited for MGS5, but mostly because it has been westernized quite a bit.

Edited by Npoess

Guest bitroast

mmm. i'd agree with that but it's still a pretty broad vaguey comment to attribute the good or bad controls to japan. i dunno. the only thing japanese-y about controls i can pick up on is when JRPGs and the like make O ok and X back as opposed to X ok and O back. it's sooooo weird :P

i've played MGS1-4 and still struggled with the controls a bit in Ground Zeroes. Took a bit of time remembering which buttons did what, etc. trying to lie down on the ground took some effort lol. It's nice that the demo/prologue game is out now tho to play around with and get used to the controls before the real game ( MGS V !!! ) is unleashed into the big bad world of video games.

i hope MGS v has the exact same controls as GS or kojima deserved that U R FIRED :V

Edited by bitroast

Let's just be honest, Japanese games have been on a decline for quite a while.

Dark Souls ?

The quality of the average japanese videogame has been on a decline for a long while

Dark Souls is a great recent japanese videogame saga

Those 2 statements are not mutually exclusive