IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

JR, you'll be excited to see this one, as I know you played a lot of Uncharted multiplayer.

[youtubehd]gHDKnWosOyY[/youtubehd]

Honestly, multiplayer stuff is getting old for me - I'm starting to go back into my solo gaming old man shell. Street Fighter V might pull me out again though...

Funny how the single-player is 1080P/30, but multiplayer is 900P/60.

Guest bitroast

r u SERIOUS?

man. i would happily take 60fps over 30fps for single player. i honestly doubt i would notice the decrease in resolution.

unless steady 60fps for the single player wasn't achievable because of all the crazy shit that happens in the big environments, so they decided to stick with a steady 30fps, ... and doing so meant they had the opportunity to crank the resolution to 1080p.

i'm sure it'll look fantastic.. come think of it. uncharted/naughty dog games have always felt like they have been pushing the boundaries of what they can do with the console to the limit.

Rumors are starting to circulate online from studios with dev kits, that the Nintendo NX will actually be two consoles sold separately that work together; a high powered portable with the main CPU/GPU architecture, and a separate dock, with possibly another core of processors, faster online functionality and possibly an upscaler that will upgrade the graphics to 1080p. This makes sense from a financial point of view; don't cannibalize your portable market, but give them the option to play those games at home on the big screen. Instead of selling a hybrid console for $450-500 dollars (totally guessing), sell a high powered portable for $250-300, and a dock for $200, then people could always upgrade to the dock as the game library grows, and puts them ahead of the PS4/Vita connectivity as Vita sales have plummeted. Rumors at this point.

r u SERIOUS?

man. i would happily take 60fps over 30fps for single player. i honestly doubt i would notice the decrease in resolution.

unless steady 60fps for the single player wasn't achievable because of all the crazy shit that happens in the big environments, so they decided to stick with a steady 30fps, ... and doing so meant they had the opportunity to crank the resolution to 1080p.

i'm sure it'll look fantastic.. come think of it. uncharted/naughty dog games have always felt like they have been pushing the boundaries of what they can do with the console to the limit.

Consider what happens in this demo, I can totally see why they chose to lock it in at 30:

Just earned gobs of cash in GTA V Story Mode by collecting nuclear waste in a mini-sub along the sea floor off the LS coastline. I'm still amazed by the amount of depth in this game (literally). Reminded me of No Man's Sky for some reason.

r u SERIOUS?

Wonder if it's a stylistic choice too - 60fps for an all action multiplayer competitive thingy, and 30fps to be closer to a cinematic 24fps experience.

the Apple TV4 is a really cool piece of hardware, for anyone considering a set top box. Does the usual Netlfix, HULU, etc. iTunes streaming, mirrors any iOS device running 9.2, and plays nice looking HD games. The remote is a Wiimote type controller with a glass trackpad built in that's also a click button and expanded Siri functionality, so the days of waving your remote around like an ass are back! (wrist strap sold separately of course) Best part is, you don't have to repurchase apps again, any game bought on any iOS device that has been ported to TVOS is yours to download again for free in HD. Crossy Road multiplayer! The HD landscape screensaver is real perty too.

Just earned gobs of cash in GTA V Story Mode by collecting nuclear waste in a mini-sub along the sea floor off the LS coastline. I'm still amazed by the amount of depth in this game (literally). Reminded me of No Man's Sky for some reason.

Shame there's pretty much absolutely no other reason to explore the depths. But yeah exploring the crashed planes, discovering the UFO... those were a pleasant couple of nuclear waste-collecting evenings

r u SERIOUS?

Wonder if it's a stylistic choice too - 60fps for an all action multiplayer competitive thingy, and 30fps to be closer to a cinematic 24fps experience.

I would reckon so - the Uncharted games have always had an Indiana Jones-style flair to them and their characters...

Guest bitroast

r u SERIOUS?

I would reckon so - the Uncharted games have always had an Indiana Jones-style flair to them and their characters...

Lol yes. And to take the analogy further .. 60fps could lose that cinematic feel and make it look fake kind of like Crystal skull !

Going thru several of the games on ATV4 and it seems like a really novel approach to game control. currently playing Transistor, and you only really need one hand to play, I'm gonna dub it "lazy gaming" as I can control the character with just my thumb on the trackpad, and click with my thumb to attack. almost a halfway point between hardcore traditional controllers, and casual touchscreen controls such as tablets. it's still gratifying while being able to play while you're totally trashed lol. I bought an MFi wireless controller for games such as Geometry Wars 3, but you have a pretty good trade-off between remote controlled games, and dual stick games so far. I can see myself spending a lot on this platform.

afterbirth. so good.

Small Q

Is it normal that I had to start all over again from scratch with my save file? I have to unlock everything and everyone again. Not that I'm complaining. Just wondering if that's intentional or not.

Edited by triachus

So as far as MMOs go, The Secret World is actually pretty good. Still noobin it up, but if anyone here plays and wants to fuck around in Kingsmouth, let me know

Edited by luke viia

afterbirth. so good.

just beat the hush with isaac on hard mode, holy fuck that is going to be a nightmare to finish with the lost

There's a weekly challenge where you play as the Lost with 9 lives...

Guest bitroast

playing bloodborne Ng+ finally (prepping myself up for DLC this month :):):) )

so far have skipped old yarnham. skipped unseen village i guess.

done cathedral ward + witch area + woods and currently up to the 3x Hooded bosses (ie. assholes!!! ).

it's actually.... kind of doable.. but i'm exhausting my health vials pretty quickly and die during 2nd phase.

anyone else in similar spot up for some coop hit me UP