IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

maybe your time away will give you some fresh perspective

Yes cracked it (and quite a few more puzzles). That feeling when you manage a puzzle without a hint (so far I've managed the whole game without even the slightest look at a guide) .... magic !

i know! i beat it w/o any guides. don't think i've gotten that eureka rush as heavily as in completing certain puzzles in that game. first portal was probably pretty close. 2nd one wasn't too hard since i was already "thinking with portals"

Enjoying Fallout 4 more when I stop caring about the bloody factions and just explore. There's a lot of neat little areas and "stories" you can find. Why didn't they flesh out this stuff more? As in, making side quests based around them instead of repetitive settlement rescue quests?

Enjoying Fallout 4 more when I stop caring about the bloody factions and just explore. There's a lot of neat little areas and "stories" you can find. Why didn't they flesh out this stuff more? As in, making side quests based around them instead of repetitive settlement rescue quests?

Totally agree. Exploration and crafting are the main things FO4 have going for it I think. Though I heard someone developed and released a mod recently that disables Preston Garvey's infinite assigning of settlement babysitting quests.

I'm back on Borderlands 2 myself, after having played the first game and the Pre-Sequel in story sequence. Still loads of fun.

the witness seems lush. seems like a big JUMBO sized puzzle book set in zen virtual reality post modern holiday island.

half wondering if im supposed to be keeping a log of the puzzles im doing to keep track of where im at and to better crack the later puzzles, as opposed to just wander around aimlessly and touch anything i can see that looks like it has an interaction (which is how ive been playing it on first playthrough). kind of overwhelming and intimidating that i can't press start and track my progress, for example.

A notebook is recommended as some puzzles teach you how to solve/interact with other puzzles elsewhere on the island.

i need to replay fract osc/finish too. you totally need a notebook in that to keep track of symbol orientations for some of the biggest puzzles. (something i didn't keep track of in my initial playthrough and ended up getting frustrated w/and putting away.

gave up on fallout 4 and started playing witcher 3 again. it's insane how much better it is in every way, as far as rpgs goes. goddamnit bethesda.

buddy wants me to play D3 season 5 with him but the game is just so meh... so i bought him Grim Dawn instead :cisfor:

i need to replay fract osc/finish too. you totally need a notebook in that to keep track of symbol orientations for some of the biggest puzzles. (something i didn't keep track of in my initial playthrough and ended up getting frustrated w/and putting away.

fract OSC was great, but i can't remember if i beat it lol. i got near the end then lost track of what i was doing. same damn thing i did in antichamber actually, took a break for a month or so and came back completely lost

Kinda bummed to find out Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS doesn't run in 3D, hurr wha? Also, if you have the original 3DS, pretty much skip Hyrule Warriors, it's a joke on that system, and runs in 2D (barely)

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, is the Wii U game worth 50€ ? My brother badly wants it, I'd like to try it but don't know if I should buy it now or wait a little bit :shrug:

Also, I did not forget the WATMM Splatoon tournament (was away from the wii because of my exams but I'll be back this weekend!)

i tried playing splatoon and was immediately turned off by the shoehorned gyroscopic shit. seems kinda fun otherwise

I was ultra sceptical about that but it works perfectly and is really intuitive. You can turn it off if you want, but stick with it. When I tried to turn it off I realised how much better it was to play with the gyro controls on and promptly stuck it back on.

you can turn it off!? i assumed that big n made it mandatory to try and justify the big dumbass controller

nooope, there's an option to turn it off and use normal shooter controls.

If anyone with a PS4 wants to try the Street Fighter V beta, here's a free code!

LBFL-HQN3-LHFE

been playing a good bit. (not on your beta code btw). still trying to make mika work because of the silly model design and she has a giant swing. she's really not very fun though. her buttons are mostly ass. the most satisfaction i get is waiting until i have a big life lead the opponent is turtling on their last leg. back up full screen and wait for them to do something stupid and hit them with her vshit (projectile tag partner out of nowhere) for the surprise ko.

they never see it coming

might try chun. miss sakura =\

The Witness is SO.FUCKING.GOOD.

Seriously, GOTY contender already - the puzzles make you THINK, and the whole environment is so weird and surreal that the immersion is quite noticeable, jumping from the puzzle view to the first-person view.

THIS is a game that would be brilliant on PlayStation VR/Oculus Rift.

Also, bonus points for awakening childhood memories of watching David Burke (you'll see)!

Be warned though - some of the puzzles are REALLY hard, and this game is a total time-suck - started playing around 6 on Saturday and suddenly realized it was midnight! Fun to play with others, working to solve the really hard puzzles.

The game is just so well thought out and planned... highly recommended. Well worth the 40USD.

I bought it a couple of days ago after *finally* (~3 years on and off) beating Antichamber. Knew I'd get totally confused as to how I was progressing in each game if I played them at the same time so am looking forward to get properly stuck in to it. So far I've avoided any spoilers but as so many people have talked about it online it's been a bit of a mindfield !

I bought it a couple of days ago after *finally* (~3 years on and off) beating Antichamber. Knew I'd get totally confused as to how I was progressing in each game if I played them at the same time so am looking forward to get properly stuck in to it. So far I've avoided any spoilers but as so many people have talked about it online it's been a bit of a mindfield !

Aye, hard to avoid mentions of it (Tettix (Judson Cowan) had a thing on Twitter about "wiggly tetris blocks" which I haven't encountered yet - just now getting to understand the rules behind the other tetris blocks that appear in some puzzles).