IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

new doom looks like its a mere stonesthrow away from something im really excited to play.

the interrupting the gameplay/rhythm things like constant melee attack animations and picking up soldier heads for door scans etc look more along the lines of ' annoying bullshit clutter ' than fun gameplay elements and this is just judging from short 1 minute curated trailer : S

Yeah those melee kills look pretty cheap. Doom should be about simple and satisfying shooting mechanics. Pausing the action for gratuitous showmanship every few seconds doesn't help establish that.

I'm excited to see how it turns out though. I figure they're overdoing the flashy shit for their trailers, hopefully gameplay wont rely too much on it.

Guest bitroast

yeh^

watched the trailer a second time, this time with my rant eskewed opinion already firlmy in place, and it looked much better tbh !! its a pretty tightly edited trailer specifically showing the cool little animations and ' moments ' ... we'll see. im def keen to play it too but man its very easy (and maybe for the best) to be a wee bit super skeptical : )

Serious Sam 3 had a similar melee insta-kill mechanic for close enemies and it really didn't fuck with the flow of the game at all. It was just a satisfying, ammo-saving way to finish off a few stragglers after mowing down several dozens, and they made you weak to damage during the animation so it definitely had a risk-reward element to it. It certainly didn't take away from the hours of mowing down dudes from a distance. As long as they keep a similar design philosophy with Doom 4 it'll be fine.

Plus it's pretty obvious they edited a ton of them together for the sake of a flashy trailer, and playing the game won't actually just be stringing a series of melee finishers together.

eh i was empathizing with you brother. motion controls just ain't for me.

Yeah I'm not targeting you, and the motion controls for aiming are still the default, but trying to tackle that Gamepad to some artificial alignment of a bow and arrow is not as natural feeling IMO as the pointer controls on the remote, it's still the best way to play light gun games in the current age.

think i'm going to start super metroid for the first time, very soon. bought it for the wii u.

You're in for a treat, Yek. My favorite game in the Metroid series, not to mention one of the best platformers of all time. The music is awesome, too.

awesome. i've been watching a youtuber play it lately, looks dope

It's my favourite game of all time. Just a wonderful world, tight mechanics, an atmosphere to get lost in .... and yeah just wonderful !

think i'm going to start super metroid for the first time, very soon. bought it for the wii u.

You're in for a treat, Yek. My favorite game in the Metroid series, not to mention one of the best platformers of all time. The music is awesome, too.

It's my favourite game of all time. Just a wonderful world, tight mechanics, an atmosphere to get lost in .... and yeah just wonderful !

metroidvania's are basically my fav type of game but i've never finished original metroid or even played super. (i'm really a castlevania dud).

i played a few hours of the original a couple of years ago but the fact that every screen looks the same and there's no map makes it pretty hard to remember where you are/have been. got annoyed/bored after a couple of 1-2hr tries

but i won't play super until i've beaten the original =\

i played a few hours of the original a couple of years ago but the fact that every screen looks the same and there's no map makes it pretty hard to remember where you are/have been. got annoyed/bored after a couple of 1-2hr tries

but i won't play super until i've beaten the original =\

I've not either (due to the same reasons as you. I keep giving up from getting lost!). To be honest you'd be better off playing Metroid Zero Misson - It's an updated version of the original with a map system and an extra 'chapter' to the story. It's cracking !

Not excited by Akuma, but that new battle system looks interesting. Fucking Dragonov - one of my favourite characters. Gigas looks interesting too.

i'm totally alright with akuma and feel like it works as good bridge ultimately into txsf. building him into the story and all is just so out of leftfield and pretty rad imo. upending like 20 yrs of story

What Youtuber? Assuming it's a good playthrough...I've been wanting another game to watch an interesting playthrough of.

Not excited by Akuma, but that new battle system looks interesting. Fucking Dragonov - one of my favourite characters. Gigas looks interesting too.

i'm totally alright with akuma and feel like it works as good bridge ultimately into txsf. building him into the story and all is just so out of leftfield and pretty rad imo. upending like 20 yrs of story

Yeah, because everyone plays Tekken for the story, LOL!

Tekken holds a special place in my heart as I cut my teeth on 3D fighting games with the first Tekken in arcades (remember those?). Can't wait for T7 to hit PS4. Almost more excited for that than SFV in some ways.

The Witness is everywhere!

What Youtuber? Assuming it's a good playthrough...I've been wanting another game to watch an interesting playthrough of.

vinny vinesauce

here's part1, he's got part 2 and 3 up , but hasn't beaten it yet.

starts at 55 mins, before that he's just fucking around

Edited by yek