IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Bloody right it is. Dropped about 15 hours into it (over the course of ~3 years!) but finally finished it last week - Makes the spatial part of your brain hurt, but massages it when you do well !

Finally got around to buying the Bloodborne DLC. First boss is kicking my ass hard. I can deal with the first phase but second just fucks me up.

Oh, Ludwig? Yeah, he can be difficult, but nowhere near as hard as the other two bosses in the DLC, IMO.

Yeah I'm up to testicle yo yo guy now, who I assume is the final boss, and he is rinsing me. I get into a nice rhythm with dodging until I slip up a couple of times in a row, and I go from full health to dead. Nuts fight, do love it though.

Scholar of the First Sin disappoints me a lot actually. So much artificial difficulty. They just... added more enemies, everywhere, with an enormous aggro range. I liked the original DS2, though it really wasn't as good as the previous one, but this "ultimate version" just plainly tells me the guys behind it had no idea what the people behind Dark Souls 1 were trying to do. It might just be a matter of getting used to all the new stuff in SotFS but man I'm glad Miyazaki is in control again for Dark Souls 3...

BTW to all fans of the series here, I strongly recommend getting into the Berserk manga. It's said to be a big inspiration for the games, and yeah you can clearly see it. Awesome read and jaw-dropping art!

Artorias%20and%20Guts.jpg

Edited by Perezvon

i always thought dark souls could have added an insane amount of interesting difficulty just with marginally random enemy spawn places. you would really be on edge all the time if you knew there could be the basic enemies from that area at any point of exploration.

Guest bitroast

bloodborne introduced enemies that roam the area back n forth, meaning you can still keep track of the positions if you are familiar with their starting positions + patterns .. and lose track of them if you are not.

To buy XCOM 2 now or wait for a sale... fuck

Your call. If you enjoyed XCOM: EU (and EW), then it might be worth the standard sixty.

Feels like Firaxis upped the challenge. I finally got around to playing it today and completed two missions so far, but already lost four operatives. There's more of a stealth element as well, as the game encourages guerilla-style ambush tactics, in keeping in line with the story. Kinda parallels Half-Life 2's plot, albeit based more on an alternate timeline. Plus the XCOM series got started before Half-Life did.

Anyway, it's legit.

To buy XCOM 2 now or wait for a sale... fuck

Your call. If you enjoyed XCOM: EU (and EW), then it might be worth the standard sixty.

Feels like Firaxis upped the challenge. I finally got around to playing it today and completed two missions so far, but already lost four operatives. There's more of a stealth element as well, as the game encourages guerilla-style ambush tactics, in keeping in line with the story. Kinda parallels Half-Life 2's plot, albeit based more on an alternate timeline. Plus the XCOM series got started before Half-Life did.

Anyway, it's legit.

Yeah I got it, it's great!

I had a rough start too but I just scrapped that playthrough after a couple bad missions and started a new one, which has been going way better. Cool how the game started in a completely different location on my 2nd play, and the missions felt different even though I was replaying the same story. Great procedural level design. The new locations are beautiful and there's a lot of variety.

Those snake creatures are dicks though

Yeah I heard about the procedurally-generated maps. This game has potentially high replay value for sure.

My latest mission was one of those ADVENT Retaliations (like the Terror missions from the previous games), and my fighters were able to take down one of those Faceless shapeshifter things towards the end. Haven't encountered any Vipers yet tho.

The last two missions I forgot to loot some of the highlighted dead alien corpses, hope that won't be too much of a penalty later on. Kinda struggling to maintain a sufficient number of able recruits at my base as well. I reckon that's the whole point though, to build up your XCOM resistance militia as you progress.

really want to play witness. heard an interview w/blow from about 5 yrs ago where he talks about wanting player's to have more of an epiphany like sensation when figuring out a puzzle (kind of had this with antichamber). from what little i've read about it seems like he was pretty effective. fucking sites keep posting images half spelling out puzzles in the headline which is annoying

It's totally worth it, and you do get that feeling of epiphany - a LOT. So satisfying to finally figure out the rules.

Finally got around to buying the Bloodborne DLC. First boss is kicking my ass hard. I can deal with the first phase but second just fucks me up.

Oh, Ludwig? Yeah, he can be difficult, but nowhere near as hard as the other two bosses in the DLC, IMO.

Yeah I'm up to testicle yo yo guy now, who I assume is the final boss, and he is rinsing me. I get into a nice rhythm with dodging until I slip up a couple of times in a row, and I go from full health to dead. Nuts fight, do love it though.

Ah, The Orphan of Kos - yeah, he's technically the final boss, but there is someone harder waiting...

LOL @ "Testicle" - it's his placenta, since the Great Kos gave birth to him on the beach and died... poor Great Kos.

One of my favourite Bloodborne battles ever. The whole setting is perfect.

X-COM 2 is definitely on the list, after it 1) goes on sale 2) bugs are fixed

It's working fine for me performance-wise...for the most part. The only annoying bug I encountered so far was I had one of my troops hack an ADVENT console one time, but the screen on the hacking device was about 75 percent obscured by a nearby wall, making it impossible to read.

My advice in terms of gameplay would be to keep your units close together, hidden from enemy eyes, and take the indirect approach and flank as much as possible. Not unlike Deus Ex.

I had one pretty serious bug, when the event scanner just kept running and passing time without any events or progress happening. The game was stuck like that til I loaded back to my last save. Hopefully that won't happen again - other than that's it's been totally stable.

My ps3 copy of X-Com 1 was fucked: whenever I tried to finish the last boss in the game it would crash and leave me staring at a pixellated ocean.

Up until that point, it was one of my fave games of the year.

Guest bitroast

some other games the guy worked on ..

(( again .. i straight up always assumed little samson was an unrelated but kind of cool megaman clone ))

Finally got around to playing The Witness - Really good! I can't remember the last game I played where I had to use a notebook. Utterly frustrating at times but just makes the "aha!" moments all the sweeter. Only complaint is lack of music, it'd be nice to have something in the background but I guess sound is important sometimes. Also the gf watched me play for a bit and got a bit motion sick, it certainly has some odd movement to it.

Has anybody found the BBC documentary clip yet? I think I'm still quite early in the game but there definitely seems to be some theme of science and knowledge going along, based on the audio clips you come across.

Finished Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty

Was nice going back to Rupture Farms with Abe. It got the remake it deserved. I hope they'll remake Abe's Exoddus too, that one was my favourite.

edit:

On April 14, 2015, it was announced by Lanning that Abe's Exoddus would be getting a remake.

seems i'm out of the loop

next up:

Edited by triachus

Super Mario Kart is still the best mario kart, if not the best racing game ever (imo).

Playing it emulated with my 8bitdo pad for extra nostalgia. Good times!

Edited by Bechuga