IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Grim Dawn, the greatest ARPG of all time - yeah i said it - and true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, is properly out of early access TODAY! Six years in the making and today's the day!

what's the draw? it looks exactly like diablo 2/3. i mean, better graphics than 2 but not as good as 3

also ggs @northernfusion

maybe sweep a little less (it's hella unsafe). try poking w/ d+mkxxfireball. definitely throw me more when i turtle up too. i'm highly susceptible to them still

I had an off night (or did I? :cerious: ), but you're right, it happens even online, I seem to lose that fraction to block if the sweep gets blocked. We should keep playing if you still want a punching bag, I learn more from a good player than I do from idiots in ranked who jump around and use the same 2-hit combo. Or maybe I'm the idiot if I'm playing them? :trap:

Re: Throws, a lot of people don't expect them still, especially when they get close after downing you, but the reach distance seems inconsistent sometimes, but I think that's more because of the slight lag input of playing online with a wireless.

It is like D2. That's the draw. :cisfor:

PS, what's the draw to SF5? Looks just like SF4. :P

And the graphics in GD far surpass D3's sugary Disney atmosphere IMO

It handles much better than SF IV believe it or not, even if it's severely lacking in content. The V triggers add a bit more depth than the focus attacks ever did (not saying they're bad, just saying they weren't that unique across characters). I also like the fact I can earn DLC characters, I can already afford 3 of them and I've only had the game for a week.

yeah see my question was facetious, but thanks, lol

GRIM DAWN

lol at Triachus. That's the most I've ever seen you type!

Also: the Early Access thing with Steam is kinda cool but it's sorta boring after a while to have a bunch of games and none of them are complete.

A shelf of books with no endings.

fuck gaming on mac / intel 6100 gfx.

This ! Last year I bought Civ V complete edition during the Steam sales only to find out that it did not work with the Intel chipset...Can't play Cities Skyline either :(

for the first time in years, I decided to revisit Half-Life and get worked up about the possibility of HL3. reading up on stuff, I just found out that the series writer, Marc Laidlaw, left Valve a month or two ago and has retired from video game writing. I guess it's never happening now. how does a company let an amazing franchise just die like that? I'm sad.

for the first time in years, I decided to revisit Half-Life and get worked up about the possibility of HL3. reading up on stuff, I just found out that the series writer, Marc Laidlaw, left Valve a month or two ago and has retired from video game writing. I guess it's never happening now. how does a company let an amazing franchise just die like that? I'm sad.

I'm pretty sure changing the writer wouldn't me an abortion of the project...maybe he had the time to write stuff for Valve before leaving ?

Anyway let's hope HL3 won't be "Call of Duty : Black Mesa Ops".

Yeah I think you're right about Ebrietas (it's been a couple months since I did the chalice run) but I don't think it's that bad of a fight from what I remember

sent using magic space waves

Thankfully no Ebrietas, I think she's in the Isz chalice. Finally cleared the Queen and got the stone, and dealt with a rough Sunday hangover by finishing my rush-through of the game to get the last ending I needed (Submitting your life to Ghernam). Happy to say I finally have Bloodborne plat! Leaves me in a good place in time for Dark Souls 3 in a month or so.

If I were Valve I'd release HL2 remastered.

Cinematic mod innit -

the faces at ~2.00 minute mark. :psyduck:

Yeah the cinematic mod is pretty garbage for character design, it's awful.

Yeah the cinematic mod is pretty garbage for character design, it's awful.

Absolutely agreed, though luckily it comes with a thing bizarrely titled 'Character Pimper', that allows you to switch each the characters with just a single click:

alyx.jpg

Detailed list of NX features leaked, looks like Nintendo has finally embraced the mobile age, like 5 years too late:

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/02/28/rumor-large-list-nx-features-supposedly-leaked/

If they do pull this off, and produce a go to mobile device, that could reshape the company and make them relevant again.

Detailed list of NX features leaked, looks like Nintendo has finally embraced the mobile age, like 5 years too late:

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/02/28/rumor-large-list-nx-features-supposedly-leaked/

If they do pull this off, and produce a go to mobile device, that could reshape the company and make them relevant again.

I hope they do make something special and something that'll sell like hotcakes and have learned lots from the software they've produced for the Wii U (Mario Maker, Splatoon etc.). I want Nintendo to go weird and be successful at it.

Currently playing Witcher 3

And hooolllyy shiiiit do these developers fucking love yawning and snorting

Like, holy fucking shit.

Everytime, EVERYTIME, EVERYTIME you get near any town or NPCs you get bombarded with people yawning and snorting ALL THE FUCKING TIME, any hour of the day, no matter what they are doing. Standing, hammering, cleaning, farming, smithing, and even fucking running? Gotta yawn! And hack and snort and spit! It just doesn't fucking stop. It's almost near claustrophobic. I'm not kidding. I've had countless dialogues where there were NPCs standing idle in the background, and during the dialogue you can hear them yawn NON-STOP. An example: (SPOILERS) https://youtu.be/Gj7lZkDaOCY?t=13m33s , I counted near 10 yawns in 2 minutes. NOBODY EVER FUCKING YAWNS THAT MUCH. When I encountered that dialogue in the game, it was a whole lot more. It was yawn after yawn, with very short intervals. Made me want to punch my monitor. The frequency is tiresome.

I mean, they really, really, really want you to hear people yawning. Like it's some sort of fucking game developer craftmanship. As if they are really proud of it, like its the most fucking clever and creative idea they have ever thought of and executed. But the goddamn frequency does not match up to the goddamn variations. You have quickly heard all the yawning and snorting they have recorded. Which is surprising, because they really wanted you to fucking drown in it. I mean, why? Why? WHYYY? This is not the only game that did this. In Skyrim, your companions also fucking yawned all the damn time, even when it's innapropriate/doesn't make sense. Like when you just defeated a bunch of zombies, and as soon as the battle theme stops, your companion yawns. Wtf? Or when you're exploring and looking for treasure, fucking yawning. It's agonizing. And it was just 1 and the same yawnsound in Skyrim.

What the fuck are developers thinking? Do people really think this shit "adds realism", or worse, "depth"? Fuck me. What kind of fucking added value do you get when you hear NPCs go DUR-HURHG-HUARH-AAAGH / HUAGH / DUUUUUUGH-UUGH-HOAAH repeatedly, at any time, with very short intervals, with unnatural high frequency? Who the fuck ever wants that? It's grating. Is it because RPGs are soooo medieval-y and farmer-y? "Oh yes, medieval-y farmers! Gotta make them yawn yawn snort snort yawn snort yawn! Medieval-y farmers were all gross and rude! Social conventions were different! It's all they ever did! Snort! Yawn! No no no, MORE YAWNING!". I would rather have NPCs talk about stupid shit like fish or mud instead. At least that can be a little more creative/entertaining/ignorable compared to yawning. But NO.

There is one yawn in particular, one very specific yawn given to guards, which infuriates me and grinds my gears to the highest degree. It's a yawn where a guard goes: "Sleepsleepsleep HUHRG DUR HURGH HUAAAAAH" Wtf? Why, why , why the fuck does he say "Sleepsleepsleep" before yawning? Are you trying to tell me that the guy who is YAWNING is SLEEPY? Dear fucking lord. This is an insult to the intelligence of anyone who is playing the game. I can't believe some people sat at a table and someone said "we must make a sleepy guardy say 'Sleepsleepsleep' before yawning, teehee", and everyone thought it was a brilliant idea. I find it hard for me to imagine, but it must have happened. It makes me really curious how the fuck these things develop/get discussed. Granted, I did not encounter this yawntype very much. But it's there. And that's bad enough.

I really do wonder how the meetings went. "No no, when you enter a town, the first thing you must hear is someone snorting. When you get off the horse, you must hear someone yawning, when you enter a tavern you must hear both yawning and snorting and slurping. This must happen as much as possible, if it doesn't we will strike and boycott the project because it will be a very bad game otherwise!".

Anyone in the gaming industry, and anyone who ever played a game, and thought that adding snorting and yawning to idle NPCs in a game "adds realism" or "depth" should get burdened with a curse that makes them snort everytime they inhale, and yawn as they exhale. I wish this upon the persons and all their kin who came up with the ideas and executions of the snorting and yawning in this game, and any other game before that, and any other game that is to come.

You might think "oh you're exaggerating, I have barely noticed it tbh imo bbq im so chillphin", because you have a narrow mind and sense. But both have been expanded now, and you will notice it. Your attention will now be directed at it, wether you want to or not. It will bother a little bit at first, but that will grow, more and more, with each yawn and snort. And henceforth, you shall be reminded what being annoyed truly means. *plants hateseed*

I have typed "fuck" about 20 times, and yet I still feel I could not adequately express the claustrophobic annoyance this gives me.

Let NPCs idle with restraint and moderation, fucking PLEASE

leql4SM.gif

That said, it's an amazing game and one of the best RPGs I've played, imo.

flol

I'm playing through W3 right now and I rarely hear a yawn, no idea what's going on in your game. I've definitely heard enough pam pa ram, pam pam pa raaam's to last me a few lifetimes though

Today I played OlliOlli on my 3DS, but I did it the first time not muted and with headphones.

Didn't knew it contains such lush tracks ---> phon.o, dark star and others.

maybe nothing special, but makes me enjoying it a bit more ;)

soundcloud.com/roll7-1/sets/olliolli-soundtrack

(dunno how to embed sc-playlists)

Edited by Test Fforet

£750 to get motion sickness? To play an office simulator? The office environ being one of my worst nightmares? Yeah, let me get my credit card...

Also you signed up just to ask us about Vive? Are you Gabe Newell?

also: read the rules

also also: hello

Edited by Bechuga