IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Thanks but I've already gone full vampire, try as I may to sneak into people's houses to suck their blood to get my level down it just isn't happening as they always wake up. What happened to cheat codes in games?!

That video is for what to do when a full vampire - doesn't need any neck eating !

But the bloke just attacks me otherwise, this is bullshit. Where do you live? Come round to mine and fix this!

Damnit - sorry, forgot about having to go to stage 1 temporarily by neck bitey-ness....

Guest bitroast

3DNes emulator making the video gaming news rounds lately..

looks incredible (albeit super buggy and half broken half the time).

with megaman, some of the better looking games, it almost looks like a fan made 3D diorama or something. to think it's actually an emulator processing a rom is so craazy.

sfv first character and march update details (no date though): http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

seems like they're still planning to launch the challenges, trials and multiperson lobbies this month still. love the idea of quick rematch for ranked games. seems like they're trying to eliminate the weird crouch tech option select and some of the bugs too. i seriously doubt they'll launch the patch before final round which is next weekend. registered for t7, ttt2 and sfv. fingers crossed i don't go 0-2 in anything. first year i've registered for multiple games. not expecting to do too great in tekken though as i've hardly played since this time last year

anyways this game is really fuckin' fun. only thing i'm playing right now

Edited by juiceciuj

sfv first character and march update details (no date though): http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

seems like they're still planning to launch the challenges, trials and multiperson lobbies this month still. love the idea of quick rematch for ranked games. seems like they're trying to eliminate the weird crouch tech option select and some of the bugs too. i seriously doubt they'll launch the patch before final round which is next weekend. registered for t7, ttt2 and sfv. fingers crossed i don't go 0-2 in anything. first year i've registered for multiple games. not expecting to do too great in tekken though as i've hardly played since this time last year

anyways this game is really fuckin' fun. only thing i'm playing right now

We need to spar once the update comes out, maybe I'll learn something from the upcoming trials. :cisfor:

Got Rise of the Tomb Raider for around 40% off the other day for PC. Gotta finish Tomb Raider first. I refuse to pay full price for new games these days. I may not even buy Uncharted 4 on day 1 at this point. So I'm glad to have found RotTR for such a great early deal.

Tried Heroes of the Storm for a little bit. It's pretty entertaining. I only really play whenever my WoW guildies are. Screw playing without friends.

Eagerly awaiting the release of the Fallout 4 DLC. Hopefully my graphics mods will all be fine on day 1.

I grabbed Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight for super cheap for Steam too. Arkham City was the last one I played. I loved those games.

superhot - only a little way in but loving it so far, cool concept pretty well executed

far cry primal - hasn't grabbed me like previous far cries yet but i have a feeling i'll sink a lot more time into it, its got atmosphere at least

the witcher 3 - was on my backlog for a long time and only got around to playing it over the last few weeks - loving it, shouldn't have waited this long, I love running around the woods in a windy thunderstorm killing beasties, mostly good sometimes excellent writing too, hardly any dull quests - favourite rpg in a long time

xcom 2 - suspended playing this til they fix the performance with a patch, but I can see myself replaying this alot

Jesus, Dark Souls 3 will apparently take 50GB of hard drive space. First one took 4.

I'm amaze.

PS : Well I just read that Bloodborne took 41, so it's maybe not that extraordinary in this day and age. But still, that content...

Star Fox Zero confirmed for April 22, 2016.

If you scan in a Fox McCloud Amiibo, your ship becomes the 16 bit version of an Arwing from the SNES, and the music changes to the SNES version. Star Fox Guard is on a separate disc that will be included with retail copies of SF Zero. It will be available as a stand alone purchase on eShop. Retail is $60, download is $5061D729CE-5827-4F49-B128-4272811CBA67_zps

Apparently, the motion controls are mandatory and can't be switched off. This game seems DOA to me, even for Wii U owners. No way I would put money down on another 1st party Wii U game, knowing most games will be ported or reissued on NX.

Star Fox Zero confirmed for April 22, 2016.

If you scan in a Fox McCloud Amiibo, your ship becomes the 16 bit version of an Arwing from the SNES, and the music changes to the SNES version. Star Fox Guard is on a separate disc that will be included with retail copies of SF Zero. It will be available as a stand alone purchase on eShop. Retail is $60, download is $5061D729CE-5827-4F49-B128-4272811CBA67_zps

Apparently, the motion controls are mandatory and can't be switched off. This game seems DOA to me, even for Wii U owners. No way I would put money down on another 1st party Wii U game, knowing most games will be ported or reissued on NX.

That's a pretty big assumption, no? I don't see Smash 4 being ported, let alone a smaller title like this. I think Zelda will be the only one (if that turns out to be true) just because of when it comes out versus the NX supposed release date of this Christmas.

If the rumours of the NX being more PC-like aka the XBONE and PS4 and possibly not having a second screen in the controller, porting games like this would be expensive and possibly not worth the costs versus releasing a sequel or "NX-enhanced" version with NX-specific features.

Raiden V for XBONE is now available in Japan, and being region-free, can be imported. It is said it will come out domestically, and is an XBONE exclusive (for how long though)?

That's an interesting point, but consider how many Wii U owners have sold their consoles at this point? Is the years and money invested in Star Fox worth the return they will make on people who will keep their Wii U past E3, when NX is announced, and then the trade in programs like GameStop that will happen in the Fall leading up to its release. And a Smash Bros "remaster" is already rumored to be a launch title, so I can see them wanting to come out of the gate strong this year, before they've had much of a chance to start NX first party software development, bc so much of their resources have been dedicated to getting SF and Zelda Wii U out the door before the end of the year.

We shall see, it could also benefit from a strong Virtual Console launch lineup, like SNES, GBA and GameCube titles.

isn't there a prevalent rumor that it'll be backwards compatible?

From what I've read it's flash card based like 3DS, so of course they could institute some kind of honor program for previously purchased Wii U discs into a digital purchase, but I'm not sure if that's even possible technically.

What are the best metroidvania games out there? I've been deep into Android:Netrunner lately, but it's just too intense of a game with little free time I have. I'd rather play a fun sidescroller with some good beers this weekend.

Guest bitroast

Super Metroid just came out on 3DS virtual console.

Castlevania Symphony of the night + Aria of Sorrow + Dawn of Sorrow + Portrait of Ruin + Order of Ecclesia.

Axiom Verge,

Cave Story,

La-mulana ( frikkin hard )

hopefully Chasm coming out soon.

pls feel free to recommend more cos this is pretty literally all i can think of atm.

Guest bitroast

+++

i kind of wouldn't mind digging into The Maze of Galious or Castlevania on the MSX for more NES era 'metroidvania' style gaming.

i really wanna check out those games one of these days (no idea if i 'll be able to actually play them)

Guest bitroast

i was thinking about that one but avoided mentioning because im not a big brawler / beatemup fan and didn't love the fighting mechanics ( totally a personal preference thing ).

Outland - is another good one!

Ori and the Blind Forest - haven't played but looks interesting.

+++

i kind of wouldn't mind digging into The Maze of Galious or Castlevania on the MSX for more NES era 'metroidvania' style gaming.

i really wanna check out those games one of these days (no idea if i 'll be able to actually play them)

There's a Bloodborne-meets-metroidvania game called Salt and Sanctuary coming to PS4 in April:

Guest bitroast

ooo nice. will be sure to check it (will not necessarily keep it in mind, mind you... knowing my shoddy memory).

also ... April = Dark Souls 3. that is a day 1 purchase for me. dark souls almost has hints of metroidvania in its world design... but it's definitely a stretch calling it a metroidvania.

That's an interesting point, but consider how many Wii U owners have sold their consoles at this point? Is the years and money invested in Star Fox worth the return they will make on people who will keep their Wii U past E3, when NX is announced, and then the trade in programs like GameStop that will happen in the Fall leading up to its release. And a Smash Bros "remaster" is already rumored to be a launch title, so I can see them wanting to come out of the gate strong this year, before they've had much of a chance to start NX first party software development, bc so much of their resources have been dedicated to getting SF and Zelda Wii U out the door before the end of the year.

We shall see, it could also benefit from a strong Virtual Console launch lineup, like SNES, GBA and GameCube titles.

If anything, I bet Wii U console sales have increased last quarter with relatively lower prices and really good must-have games (Smash, Maker, Splatoon, Kart, Mario 3D). I bet as we get closer to the NX unveiling, either the console will go on deep discount and people will start snatching them up. Others will wait until they know for sure if it is backwards compatible (unlikely) with the Wii U.

Then again, with multiple consoles being the "in" thing these days, perhaps they'll say why not own both?

isn't there a prevalent rumor that it'll be backwards compatible?

I highly doubt it - for Nintendo to attract the third parties, they have to make the hardware as PC-like as possible - even emulating a Wii on a current PC takes quite a bit of CPU and graphics card muscle, so I don't think they could manage just yet. Depends on how powerful of a machine Nintendo makes.

For comparison, most say the XBONE/PS4 are equivalent to 2008-9 era PC hardware - so in 2016, I would expect roughly 2010-12 era PC hardware for the NX, depending on how powerful (or not) they want to make it.

One thing for sure - it will have an NFC reader built in (either in the controller or the console itself) for Amiibo/Amiibo cards - Nintendo's not gonna kill that cash cow anytime soon.

I really hope Nintendo goes all-digital for their games - don't make the same mistake Sony did with the Vita and do a proprietary memory card format (or release disc-based games), and keep it standard SD so people can buy whatever size SD card they want to supplement the existing onboard storage (that was one thing they got right with the Wii U), or offer external HDD support.