IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

i liked skyward sword a lot. probably the single best implementation of motion controls on a wii game that i can think of. that being said i'd gladly play it without them

Guest bitroast

i liked skyward sword a lot. probably the single best implementation of motion controls on a wii game that i can think of. that being said i'd gladly play it without them

id agree with this !!

skyword sword is a mixed bag for me. the controls were totally fine and owed alot to the fun gameplay for the game, but the game itself had pacing issues for me. the lack of exploration + minimal world to explore + the lacklustre flying area equivilent of hyrule field / great sea.. but with veeery little to explore. + the rinse and repeat of going back to old areas over and over again.

hmm !!

the game for me was a mixed bag. great controls though and one thing that really stuck out for me with skyward sword was that the game was alot more focused on trimming the fat and focusing on parts that were pure gameplay focused... but ... it still seemed unbalanced and a bit weird to me. would be fun to replay it tho.. come think of it.

Guest bitroast

toward the end of skyward sword, when you get the bow and have a lot of items under your belt and the game eases up on the handholding is when i really started having fun with the game. having to mix up the items alot and try different things. there's that one bit in particular toward the very very end of the game where it throws hordes of enemies at you all at once and holy shit that was soooo much fun ... i wish the whole game was a bit more over the top and less forgiving in actually trying to kick your ass because those parts where the best bits for me. but they were so short lived.

Edited by bitroast

toward the end of skyward sword, when you get the bow and have a lot of items under your belt and the game eases up on the handholding is when i really started having fun with the game. having to mix up the items alot and try different things. there's that one bit in particular toward the very very end of the game where it throws hordes of enemies at you all at once and holy shit that was soooo much fun ... i wish the whole game was a bit more over the top and less forgiving in actually trying to kick your ass because those parts where the best bits for me. but they were so short lived.

I felt the controls hampered my enjoyment of it, especially when there are new factors such as shields deteriorating and stamina meters. It irritates me because it should've made me feel how Wind Waker did all those years ago, but waggling my hands blindsided my enjoyment of it instead.

I forgot to mention re: Metroid Prime, those are some of the best Metroid games, the Gamecube originals being the best ones, the re-release on Wii are actually downgrades, in my opinion. No idea why Nintendo haven't bothered with a follow up, feels like the gamepad was made for a game like Metroid.

For some reason, I completely left out Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons on the Zelda front, those are some fine games too. I no longer own them, sadly, and the price is too steep on the e-shop considering how easy it is to emulate them.

Super Metroid is dope on 3DS, especially since you can play it with its original resolution. A Link To The Past is still amazing after all these years, I've been meaning to have a proper Zelda session with the following path: ALTTP -> A Link Between Worlds -> OoT -> MM -> Majoras Mask -> Wind Waker -> Twilight Princess, all of the older ones being the remasters.

TP is one of the most underrated Zelda games, it's much better than Skyward Sword, but that's mainly because you're forced to play like a moron in the latter. I've only completed it once, and that was 10 years ago, so I'm looking forward to not remembering a thing.

Hit 50 hours on New Vegas, gonna do all the DLC, wrap up all quests, then move onto Skyrim (with DLC) before jumping into Fallout 4.

I've also been playing Trails in the Sky on Vita, but most of the above are eating up my time way more.

PSN needs to have the old Street Fighter games on sale, because I've been jonesing them big time.

think i might dive into twilight princess hd after this weekend.

also i should finally beat link to the past so i can play link between worlds ;O

I don't know how much of a successor A Link Between Worlds (I need to complete it too) is apart from game design, but ALTTP is timeless. Doesn't matter if you play it now, or play it in 10 years time, it will always be amazing.

Edited by NorthernFusion

Guest bitroast

yeah. i think they sort of did. the controls definitely dictated the game direction... like, you have a billion heart pieces straight off the bat to compensate for the controller incorrectly registering the incorrect move from time to time. but i still had fun with it. i enjoyed it alot more than twilight princess on wii's attempt with "shake control" for an equivalent of non-directional b button press.

very much looking forward to the new zelda game not bothering with motion controls and instead just purely on the gameplay.

Playing Twilight Princess HD on Hero Mode - fuck me, really hard in some spots (Hero Mode gives you NO heart refills except for heart container pieces). Nice HD remake though.

Salt and Sanctuary is out today on PSN - everyone's saying it's THE game to play until Dark Souls 3 comes out...

hate the art/animation style of s&s ;\

Can't say I am a fan of it either; it's the only thing holding me back from getting it. But, as with Galak-Z, I was able to look past the art style and enjoy the game itself, so there's something in that. Hated Rogue Legacy's artwork at first too.

By the way, what kind of fightstick do you use? I'm using an old SFIV MadCatz one, been looking at getting a HORI RAP KAI to replace it...

And to stop having to use a DS4 to sync my "legacy controller"...

Bought the Hitman intro pack a couple of days ago. Pretty gooooood... also a tiny bit frustrating from time to time when you really want to be a silent killer.

The original 1994 System Shock is getting remastered!
[youtubehd]xaI7fg6_K2E[/youtubehd]
Also System Shock 3 to be developed, with the involvement of Warren Specter, who worked on the original Deus Ex. Fokk yeah.

Damn game industry keeps finding ways to coax money out of me lol

been playing stardew valley all week. makes me really happy. :cat::emb:

That's the "indie Harvest Moon" game right? That would probably eat up far too many hours of my life, loved HM.

yep, that's the one. Completely made by one guy (including the wonderful soundtrack)...apparently started out as a way to teach himself programming.

And yeah it is seriously, soothingly addictive :)

Is it worth getting a Playstation 4 at the moment or shall I wait until it drops in price and continue milking my PS3 for all it's worth? 250 quid seems a bit much, I could get a car for that money.

been playing stardew valley all week. makes me really happy. :cat::emb:

That's the "indie Harvest Moon" game right? That would probably eat up far too many hours of my life, loved HM.

yep, that's the one. Completely made by one guy (including the wonderful soundtrack)...apparently started out as a way to teach himself programming.

And yeah it is seriously, soothingly addictive :)

Oh cool, sounds a bit like Banished - made by one person, super chill gaming. Might pick it up.

Is it worth getting a Playstation 4 at the moment or shall I wait until it drops in price and continue milking my PS3 for all it's worth? 250 quid seems a bit much, I could get a car for that money.

Depends how much is too much for you. It's been a great purchase for me. Bloodborne alone has been fantastic, and there is a lot of great current gen games out at the moment.

I think the PS4 would be a better investment as it would probably last longer than a car you got for 250 quid...

Can't say I am a fan of it either; it's the only thing holding me back from getting it. But, as with Galak-Z, I was able to look past the art style and enjoy the game itself, so there's something in that. Hated Rogue Legacy's artwork at first too.

By the way, what kind of fightstick do you use? I'm using an old SFIV MadCatz one, been looking at getting a HORI RAP KAI to replace it...

i ended up getting this: http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Street-Fighter-5-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-S-for-PS4-PS3.html

to replace this guy

SI_TK-tekkenstick2.jpg?token=2e47erLv7QT

it's basically the exact same layout with a ps3/ps4 pcb and a more cluttered turbo interface with l3+r3 buttons and touchpad nonsense. honestly not a huge fan of the skull artwrok but whateva. i might pull it off and wrap it in black vinyl when i have more time. it's $50 more than the hraps but i've never played with any of their proprietary sticks and buttons and just wanted to stick with sanwa and a formfactor i'm familiar with. it's a decent weight and feels rock solid.

but yeah, it's really nice to not have your fucking stick de-sync in the middle of a ranked match :)

oh, and btw, last week madcatz released xinput drivers for all their sfv branded ps3/ps4 stuff so they'll work on pc now too. sfv on pc doesn't support dinput so at first i couldn't use the same stick to play sfv on ps4 and pc -_-

at least it's fixed now :cisfor:

of course i still feel fucking ripped off for having to buy a $200 stick that has the exact same primary functions and connections. i haven't once used the touchpad, l3, or r3 buttons :cerious:

Edited by juiceciuj

i ended up getting this: http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Street-Fighter-5-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-S-for-PS4-PS3.html

to replace this guy

it's basically the exact same layout with a ps3/ps4 pcb and a more cluttered turbo interface with l3+r3 buttons and touchpad nonsense. honestly not a huge fan of the skull artwrok but whateva. i might pull it off and wrap it in black vinyl when i have more time. it's $50 more than the hraps but i've never played with any of their proprietary sticks and buttons and just wanted to stick with sanwa and a formfactor i'm familiar with. it's a decent weight and feels rock solid.

but yeah, it's really nice to not have your fucking stick de-sync in the middle of a ranked match :)

oh, and btw, last week madcatz released xinput drivers for all their sfv branded ps3/ps4 stuff so they'll work on pc now too. sfv on pc doesn't support dinput so at first i couldn't use the same stick to play sfv on ps4 and pc -_-

of course i still feel fucking ripped off for having to buy a $200 stick that has the exact same primary functions and connections. i haven't once used the touchpad, l3, or r3 buttons :cerious:

Bruh, should've just bought one of these.

asciipad3.jpg:cisfor:

After a year and a half without playing it I've been playing some DotA 2 from time to time and I have to say it's a really awesome game. I felt right at home when I came back after all that time (even tho I still suck at it) and the new UI is gorgeous !

to replace this guy

Bruh, should've just bought one of these.

asciipad3.jpg:cisfor:

What do the sliders do? Do they control the throw on the buttons?

Badass. The music is dope too.

I've always wanted to poop turds out of my head onto unsuspecting bystanders.

EDIT: Highest score is 650 69431 512591 so far. Gonna see if I can top it.

Found out you can poo-sition your impact cursor along the Z-axis with W and S.

Edited by ambermonk