IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

hate the art/animation style of s&s ;\

Can't say I am a fan of it either; it's the only thing holding me back from getting it. But, as with Galak-Z, I was able to look past the art style and enjoy the game itself, so there's something in that. Hated Rogue Legacy's artwork at first too.

By the way, what kind of fightstick do you use? I'm using an old SFIV MadCatz one, been looking at getting a HORI RAP KAI to replace it...

And to stop having to use a DS4 to sync my "legacy controller"...

i ended up getting this: http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Street-Fighter-5-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-S-for-PS4-PS3.html

to replace this guy

SI_TK-tekkenstick2.jpg?token=2e47erLv7QT

it's basically the exact same layout with a ps3/ps4 pcb and a more cluttered turbo interface with l3+r3 buttons and touchpad nonsense. honestly not a huge fan of the skull artwrok but whateva. i might pull it off and wrap it in black vinyl when i have more time. it's $50 more than the hraps but i've never played with any of their proprietary sticks and buttons and just wanted to stick with sanwa and a formfactor i'm familiar with. it's a decent weight and feels rock solid.

but yeah, it's really nice to not have your fucking stick de-sync in the middle of a ranked match :)

oh, and btw, last week madcatz released xinput drivers for all their sfv branded ps3/ps4 stuff so they'll work on pc now too. sfv on pc doesn't support dinput so at first i couldn't use the same stick to play sfv on ps4 and pc -_-

at least it's fixed now :cisfor:

of course i still feel fucking ripped off for having to buy a $200 stick that has the exact same primary functions and connections. i haven't once used the touchpad, l3, or r3 buttons :cerious:

Bruh, should've just bought one of these.

asciipad3.jpg:cisfor:

What do the sliders do? Do they control the throw on the buttons?

The sliders are for turbo or auto fire on each button - so you can either hold down a button for rapid fire, or just not hold it at all (good for shmups) in auto mode.

Still making my way through Fallout 4, I took a break for a while so I still haven't really done a whole lot... Also been playing Rocket League a lot lately when I don;t have time to sink into Fallout. The new Rocket Labs maps are pretty fun.

haven't played anything except the occasional round of Defcon in ages. I'm dreading the DS3 drop date.

Edited by usagi

Sonic All-Stars Racing on PC. Not really interested in supporting Nintendo atm and this is the nearest I'll get to playing Mario Kart, which is great because it's surprisingly fun and well built.

Half of the characters don't really seem to fit (football manager?) but it's fun so whatevers. And cheap!

Also Downwell, which is fun for quick bursts of rogueish pain.

Well that sucks, I'd rather have a PlayStation 5 if anything. Half the point of having a console is the lack of need to upgrade every other year, this is the sort of thing that could kill console gaming for me.

Guest bitroast

ps vr could interest me with some decent content and id have a pretty high expectation for things like latency/overall performance of headset.

pretty much instantly lost interest when i saw the price point for vr.. and if it means an entire console upgrade??? hmm. nope.

Sony possibly working on a "PS 4.5" for 4k gaming and VR applications:

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2016/03/18/sony-reportedly-building-4k-playstation-vr-games/#gref

Rumors are going around that Microsoft is doing the same. I'm ok with this. It would be even better if I could simply upgrade the console by adding more ram, a new graphics card etc.

The PS4 VR Helmet will be $400, so a new combo console bundle could help offset that price, and include some demo software. I've read rumors even the NX might possibly have VR abilities.

Ultatron. It's pissing me off but it's really addictive. I can't get past level 33 or so.

Was hungover yesterday and spent pretty much all day playing it. Got to level 91 finally. Had weird dreams about it. I really like this game, there's something about the mechanics of it that's really satisfying and I would like to find more games like this.

Started Super Metroid and DK Country 2 on snes emulator this weekend.

Both are quite difficult and esoteric playing them for the first time. But im just getting the hang of them and the improvement feels good

Guest bitroast

i want to play bro force but it's possibly the first game i can't sit down and play due to poor optimisation.

jealous of ya for being able to play and enjoy it.

also had a crack at Salt and Sanctuary.

was pretty sweet but the sheer closeness of literally everything to dark souls wore thin pretty quickly. it almost seems like certain things here and there could be fine tuned in a different direction to make the game more fun and fluid but weren't specifically to keep the game as close to dark souls as possible. got up to ~3rd NPC splurting cryptic vague nothings and it was like

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

Started playing Hatoful Boyfriend yesterday, unlocked two endings already. It's fun overall and from what I've read some endings really are amazingly written. Anyway the whole dating sim thing is quite ...unusual to say the least !