IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

i want to play bro force but it's possibly the first game i can't sit down and play due to poor optimisation.

jealous of ya for being able to play and enjoy it.

What was it that bothered you, exactly?

I grew up playing the atari, turbografx etc so the clunkiness to the game is actually a bit of a throwback. I thought it was intentional but maybe not haha.

Guest bitroast

yeah the framerate drops, the lagging, overall clunkiness.

another thing that really bugs me is the audio seems to have 0 mixing. some music/effects will be super quiet while others will be super loud. the whole thing just seems like it's being held together by dried up toothpaste hahaha :)

it looks fuuuun tho.

Last week I played New Super Mario Bros. U with some friends at a party. We all were pretty drunk and one of my friends had the game pad which allows you to manipulate the map. She decided to fuck us over the entire time we played. It was already hard enough after a couple of drinks but she was relentless!

yeah the framerate drops, the lagging, overall clunkiness.

another thing that really bugs me is the audio seems to have 0 mixing. some music/effects will be super quiet while others will be super loud. the whole thing just seems like it's being held together by dried up toothpaste hahaha :)

it looks fuuuun tho.

I like it a lot, I think they implemented some kind of temporary filter effect on the audio when you blow up too much in the screen, to simulate hearing loss after a loud explosion :) ..you know, similar to how they layer a high frequency tone after an explosion in a movie, kind of gimmicky, but thought it was a fun touch in this game. Can't say I notice unintentional clunkiness, contributes to the overall bro'ness :cool:

Guest bitroast

im playing broforce on PS4 btw..

the audio levels i still think are crazy. when you rescue a new bro, the music that chimes in is at a crazy loud volume. but even the music / sound effects ratio in general seems off ? etc. etc.

I realized somewhat recently that I was addicted to video games and it was basically ruining my life for the last however many years so I'm pretty much off them completely.

Guest bitroast

I realized somewhat recently that I was addicted to video games and it was basically ruining my life for the last however many years so I'm pretty much off them completely.

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

lol

lol

Whilst we're still waiting for a Street Fighter V update, I decided to buy SF Alpha 3 and SF III:Third Strike. It saddens me how much content Alpha 3 has in terms of modes, and it pretty much caters to the casual and hardcore player, World Tour mode is great but it has extra for those who can play on higher difficulties.

Pokken Tournament

FUN AS FUG

Do the Pokemon Amiibo do anything in that game? I have no plans on buying it, but I did have to grab myself that Shadow Metwo card off ebay, as he's my fav.

lol

lol

lol

lol

Pokken Tournament

FUN AS FUG

Do the Pokemon Amiibo do anything in that game? I have no plans on buying it, but I did have to grab myself that Shadow Metwo card off ebay, as he's my fav.
you can use up to 5 amiibo a day to get random titles/clothing (any amiibo work - they don't have to be pokemon).

Pokken Tournament

FUN AS FUG

you can use up to 5 amiibo a day to get random titles/clothing (any amiibo work - they don't have to be pokemon).

that's cool, all Amiibo work with Hyrule Warriors Legends as well, even Wolf Link

Whilst we're still waiting for a Street Fighter V update, I decided to buy SF Alpha 3 and SF III:Third Strike. It saddens me how much content Alpha 3 has in terms of modes, and it pretty much caters to the casual and hardcore player, World Tour mode is great but it has extra for those who can play on higher difficulties.

can't stop playin'. went to bed in the middle of an 11 game streak in ranked and finally crack 2000lp and get silver. went to a big tournament this weekend but it was a bit of a mess. my sfv matches weren't going to start until 10pm at the earliest so i bailed on them. went 2-2 in a tekken 7 tournament which is okay. 0-2 in tag 2 though which is a bit disheartening but i honestly haven't played since this time last year (at the last tournament). seems like they're not gonna release the sfv update probably until after norcal regionals next weekend then there'll actually be a decent break before the next premier event on the capcom pro tour.

tag2 top 3 was pretty fuckin' rad: https://www.twitch.tv/tekken/v/55589253

some good old fashioned north v south tekken grudge matches...

also got to test drive the latest tekken 7 fr update which looks fucking incredible. damn shame it won't be out for another year probably

Edited by juiceciuj

Hyper Light Drifter will be released on PC on March 31, 2016

Yay! But I want it for my PS4. And all it says for that is 'soon.' So hopefully in April? When I won't touch it because Dark Souls 3?

can't stop playin'. went to bed in the middle of an 11 game streak in ranked and finally crack 2000lp and get silver. went to a big tournament this weekend but it was a bit of a mess. my sfv matches weren't going to start until 10pm at the earliest so i bailed on them. went 2-2 in a tekken 7 tournament which is okay. 0-2 in tag 2 though which is a bit disheartening but i honestly haven't played since this time last year (at the last tournament). seems like they're not gonna release the sfv update probably until after norcal regionals next weekend then there'll actually be a decent break before the next premier event on the capcom pro tour.

tag2 top 3 was pretty fuckin' rad: https://www.twitch.tv/tekken/v/55589253

some good old fashioned north v south tekken grudge matches...

I had no idea you competed, although I'm not surprised, you can chain pretty well. This is the most I've been into fighting games in general for a long time, I've even been playing Street Fighter X Tekken :cerious:, although it's tough to handle on the Vita, too squidgy for my liking.

I was gonna buy Guilty Gear Xrd Sign since it's on sale, but it's an obsolete version since there's no patches or DLC characters which is a shame.

Tekken 7 looks dope, and I'm not even a fan.

Already out of stock! Soo glad I hung onto my Move controllers and bought the PS4 camera at launch (was included as an Amazon bundle). I wonder how much it was selling for - usually the Move controllers are 40x2, 60 for the camera, 400 for the VR, so just shy of 600USD?