IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I had no idea you competed, although I'm not surprised, you can chain pretty well. This is the most I've been into fighting games in general for a long time, I've even been playing Street Fighter X Tekken :cerious:, although it's tough to handle on the Vita, too squidgy for my liking.

I was gonna buy Guilty Gear Xrd Sign since it's on sale, but it's an obsolete version since there's no patches or DLC characters which is a shame.

Tekken 7 looks dope, and I'm not even a fan.

eh, i goto a few locals a year maybe but i've been going to final round (a major that is local) annually for about 4-5 years. they were not at all prepared for the attendance that sfv would bring and have completely outgrown the venue they've been at. way too cramped and disorganized. they better step up next year because everyone is taking turns talking mad shit about how awful it was (it was bad but it wasn't that bad). i'd hate to see them lose all the sponsors they've gained over the last few years.

i've almost bought xrd too but i know a new vers is right around the corner. it's a great looking game but i doubt i'd ever invest enough time in it to get decent. sfxt was a really fun game on console if you leave out capcom going out of their way to kill it with pay to win gems.

tekken is the best fg franchise imo. looks great. plays great. usually very well balanced and honest. it's just a shame that it doesn't draw nearly the numbers stateside as capcom games. tournament support usually drops off after about a year after release. then they release the new game in arcades in asia about two years before they release it on consoles. only way to get your hands on it is to goto these events ;\

really impressed with this version of sf though. a good diversion until tekken comes out

if this is really the fucking nx controller then they can fucking keep it:

wfwcegrbqpkgvdqdjwc3.jpg

I'm super excited for anything Nintendo has to announce and that controller looks super awesome. One big screen with haptic feedback? I'm in.

Also this looks like the controller they patented a couple of months ago so I'm pretty sure this is the real deal

Hmmm no face buttons means those analogue nubs are buttons as well, with 2-4 shoulder bumpers. Maybe there's a Z trigger somewhere underneath? I'm not sure how well Zelda Wii U will play on the go, but if they're staking the future of their company on this device, I'll reserve judgement until E3.

191F6816-11EA-4CA3-B52A-E899AF7AB347_zps

AE121783-25BB-42C7-982F-946B7DB36E15_zps

Edit: those shoulder buttons are some kind of mouse type click wheel that roll at your finger tips.

- only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move

- rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel

- Haptic feedback feels like Apple's 'taptic' engine, not a regular rumble

- 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

Hmmm no face buttons means those analogue nubs are buttons as well

Also, the controller is one big screen which gives you a large amount of buttons to press.

Hmmm no face buttons means those analogue nubs are buttons as well

Also, the controller is one big screen which gives you a large amount of buttons to press.

Yeah but they've never really embraced virtual buttons before, I think Miyamoto frowned on that, but mobile devices have proven him wrong in consumer popularity huh

And two different colors, initially, like Wii U. Unless that's just white for prototypes/dev kits. Maybe if it's successful we'll get rainbow colors later on like previous Nintendo consoles.

talkin bout ninty controllers, i've recently got a Wii U pro controller and it is almost perfect. if only it was made in a nice lightweight metal it might be better than the xbox 360 controller.

if this is really the fucking nx controller then they can fucking keep it:

wfwcegrbqpkgvdqdjwc3.jpg

Remember when the PS3 controller was this -

2653-controller.jpg

or when the wii controller was this -

GyroPod_3Frames.jpg

or when the Gamecube (or Dolphin as it was) controller was this -

igndolphincontroller1.jpg

or when the Playstation 2 looked like this -

2pzbupi.jpg

Aye, exactly !

Guest bitroast

yeah... the patent is pretty much kind of the dead give away in this instance ??

it looks like a fan mockup 1to1 of the patent.

the patent exists to communicate an idea, not necessarily be final instance of what the control is going to look like.

the way the joysticks obscure 1/3 of the screen (taking hands into consideration means the left and right side of the screen is wasted real estate...) + relying 100% on tactical feedback touch screen for pseudo buttons but not exactly having any buttons.

it just seems way too ... gimmick for the sake of gimmick.

or more importantly.. the patent exists to be clear communication of that particular idea they're patenting ???

there's just ... NO chance that is what the controller looks like.

guys :psyduck: