IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah... the patent is pretty much kind of the dead give away in this instance ??

it looks like a fan mockup 1to1 of the patent.

the patent exists to communicate an idea, not necessarily be final instance of what the control is going to look like.

the way the joysticks obscure 1/3 of the screen (taking hands into consideration means the left and right side of the screen is wasted real estate...) + relying 100% on tactical feedback touch screen for pseudo buttons but not exactly having any buttons.

it just seems way too ... gimmick for the sake of gimmick.

or more importantly.. the patent exists to be clear communication of that particular idea they're patenting ???

there's just ... NO chance that is what the controller looks like.

guys :psyduck:

It depends on what the screen will actually show. Imagine if it's your inventory. And maybe the screen will be able to give you tactile feedback and thereby make protruding buttons that aren't there.

2653-controller.jpg

I still wish that had been the controller. It looks so ridiculous and so good. I'd probably hate using it but damn does it look awesome.

I feel like my hands are cramping just looking at it

The NX pics are both dev Kit controllers; the white one in Germany, and the black one in Sweden, so a couple of third party developers couldn't keep their mouths shut. I'd bet there are multiple shells the final controller will fit into: driving, shooting, hand grips, who knows.

Apparently Sony's working on a "PlayStation 4K":

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-in-theory-playstation-4k-is-real-but-why-is-sony-making-it

I wonder if this will be the new console trend - incremental upgrades versus entirely new architectures ala iPhones...

good games juice! I need to learn how to tech throws more consistently

ggs indeed! for all the tools mika doesn't have she's an absolute beast when she gets pressure going. being able to punish most sweeps with irish whip combos into pressure. also comboing into mic drop from stun is boss (even though i dropped a couple when i tried to link into st.mp xx super).

definitely started blowing me up a bit more when you were neutral jumping ch. hk and firing off those occasional dp's when you got knocked down later in the set.

still can't believe how many different characters you're trying to use ;O

Thank god - I was worried Nintendo was still going for Isolationist Gimmick Controller No. 3...

Even though the 'leaks' are fake, I'd expect that your worries will still come to pass.

Thank god - I was worried Nintendo was still going for Isolationist Gimmick Controller No. 3™...

Even though the photos are fake it has long been rumored that the NX will marry both their handheld and console market. So I don't think it's far off thinking that the controller for the console will also turn out to be a handheld console.

Thank god - I was worried Nintendo was still going for Isolationist Gimmick Controller No. 3...

Even though the 'leaks' are fake, I'd expect that your worries will still come to pass.

Yeah, sadly that will probably be the case.

Thank god - I was worried Nintendo was still going for Isolationist Gimmick Controller No. 3™...

Even though the photos are fake it has long been rumored that the NX will marry both their handheld and console market. So I don't think it's far off thinking that the controller for the console will also turn out to be a handheld console.

I wouldn't mind that - as long as they go with standard PC hardware so third-party support can at least port their games and add in NX-enhanced features. The Wii U would have done a lot better had they not gone with the underpowered hardware and non-standard CPU architecture.

I wouldn't mind that - as long as they go with standard PC hardware so third-party support can at least port their games and add in NX-enhanced features. The Wii U would have done a lot better had they not gone with the underpowered hardware and non-standard CPU architecture.

You really think that would have helped much?

Nintendo consoles have never been about third party support whereas all their first party games are consistently good - almost. I'm not saying that it's not the hardware's fault, but even if Nintendo did bring a powerhouse of a console to the table, the hardcore COD 360 NO_SCOPE HEADSHOT_TOWN boys would still lean towards the "hardcore" consoles.

I'm just hoping Nintendo keeps it weird and that Sony and Microsoft announce upgraded consoles at this year's E3. I want the world of gaming to go fucking nuts and I want to see the world burn.

still can't believe how many different characters you're trying to use ;O

haha yeah I might be spreading myself a bit thin at the moment

are you going to try Alex when he drops?