IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Serious Sam 3: BFE gets impossibly difficult at the very end, so I decided "fuck it." Waste of forty dollaz t.b.h.

CroTeam's idea of challenge is to make each level an open arena and throw five hundred monsters in each one. None of them even use cover or coordinated attacks - just mobs and mobs coming directly at you the entire time.

Hasn't that been Serious Sam since day one though ?!

Serious Sam 3: BFE gets impossibly difficult at the very end, so I decided "fuck it." Waste of forty dollaz t.b.h.

CroTeam's idea of challenge is to make each level an open arena and throw five hundred monsters in each one. None of them even use cover or coordinated attacks - just mobs and mobs coming directly at you the entire time.

Hasn't that been Serious Sam since day one though ?!

Yeah CroTeam's mob arena formula basically remains unchanged since 2001. I was just hoping for something slightly varied for some reason.

I've just spent the whole day playing Stellaris, the new grand strategy game by Paradox. It's basically a sci-fi Europa Universalis/Crusader Kings, although less "hardcore", involving space exploration, combat, scientific researches and galactic empires, etc. There are a couple of preset races to play but the most fun is had when you create your own using skins and traits from a quite extensive and cohesive list. I've gone full Dark Souls fanboy playing as Irithyll, a divine mandate ruled by Pontiff Sulyvahn and his slavers overseeing a growing empire of planets named after locations from the Souls games. I'm having a blast !

Edited by Perezvon

uncharted 4

so pretty

amazing what they can wring out of ps4 hardware

Indeed - the story is great too; loved the sequence in Drake's attic/living room. Too good.

Guest bitroast

ugh.. you're making me regret picking up witcher 3... i'm sure i'll enjoy witcher 3... ((uncharted 4 sure is looking good though)))

ugh.. you're making me regret picking up witcher 3... i'm sure i'll enjoy witcher 3... ((uncharted 4 sure is looking good though)))

The switcher will keep you entertained for +150 hours

EDIT: lol god damn autocorrect

Yeah, the game that keeps on giving, been playing it for a year (on and off) and I haven't even touched the dlc yet.

The two expansions that is, I've burned through all the free stuff of course.

Edited by Gocab

Portal 2 was wicked. When is Portal 3 out?

This made me want to make an obvious half life 3 joke, but instead I just googled half life 3 rumours:

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Future_of_the_Half-Life_series

2016:

On March 11, J.J. Abrams confirms that the Half-Life and Portal movies have writers attached to the projects.

FUCKING MOVIES :psyduck: WHEN HOW

i did not know this

ffs :catbleed:

Well...just completed the first two missions of the new Doom. The environments are insane. Combat-wise, ammo is relatively limited for each gun, so it seems attack variety is key. It also looks like there's a bunch of upgrades for weapons, armor, stats, etc. Actually feels kind of like a Metroid game. Also, G(l)ory Kills.

One thing worth mentioning if you already ordered the game on PC; make sure you grab the latest update for your GPU driver first. I learned this the hard way and got a slide show the first time. The driver update fixes that, if you have an AMD or NVidia.

Well...just completed the first two missions of the new Doom. The environments are insane. Combat-wise, ammo is relatively limited for each gun, so it seems attack variety is key. It also looks like there's a bunch of upgrades for weapons, armor, stats, etc. Actually feels kind of like a Metroid game. Also, G(l)ory Kills.

One thing worth mentioning if you already ordered the game on PC; make sure you grab the latest update for your GPU driver first. I learned this the hard way and got a slide show the first time. The driver update fixes that, if you have an AMD or NVidia.

So are you saying that this is actually... good?

I think ID software looked at Brutal Doom and finally twigged as to what it needs to actually make an enjoyable FPS nowadays.

Remastered COD MW looking real good, they didn't just upgrade the textures, they redid most of the external structures and skins. And they promised none of this jet pack jumping BS.

From the time I've put into it thus far...yes, yes it is.

Beautiful looking Ghibli inspired 2D platformer on Kickstarter. Imagine if Nintendo did a platformer like this, with insane levels and solid combat, it could be huge. They seemed to be lacking originality and direction in their last gen of software, only Splatoon really took off as a new IP for them.

https://youtu.be/Zh5tHdXgMH0

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bloomylight-studio/lynn-and-the-spirits-of-inao